The Photography Thread

Started by TheGSMoeller, March 28, 2014, 05:24:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aligreto

Today's contribution; I could not decide whether or not to present this image with or without the figures in it so here are both for you to chose from....

North Star

Quote from: aligreto on February 11, 2015, 12:54:25 PM
There was nothing special or remarkable about that statue. It was randomly placed in a large park. I loved it for its bold lines and size. I deliberalty chose the angle to try to enhance both of these aspects.
Here is the original image....
Yes, I noticed that you had composed the image to heighten those elements. The statue reminds me of soviet propaganda imagery.

Quote from: aligreto on February 11, 2015, 01:00:32 PMToday's contribution; I could not decide whether or not to present this image with or without the figures in it so here are both for you to chose from....
Very nice photos, lovely reflections. The shapes of those trees are perfectly suited for this kind of image, and the mist is very nice to have too.

Quote from: aligreto on February 11, 2015, 12:56:13 PM
Forgot to thank you for the link ::)
You're welcome. I ought to try watching the movies again some time myself - concentrating on a Tarkovsky movie on the computer is not the easiest thing in the world.  :-[
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

George

Quote from: aligreto on February 11, 2015, 01:00:32 PM
Today's contribution; I could not decide whether or not to present this image with or without the figures in it so here are both for you to chose from....

I like it more without.
"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

Sean

A sunrise for a rather gloomy day here in England a few days ago.

aligreto

Quote from: George on February 11, 2015, 02:50:01 PM
I like it more without.

I think that I also do; the scene somehow seems more tranquil without the figures.

aligreto

Just to prove that it is not always misty here in Ireland and that we do sometimes get the occasional glimpse of a bit of blue sky....

North Star

Very nice photos of clouds and trees. :)

My photographs on Flickr

Artem

Quote from: Sean on February 12, 2015, 03:04:28 AM
A sunrise for a rather gloomy day here in England a few days ago.

That's a beautiful photo. Very natural.

Sean

I can see dawn easier than sunset here...

North Star

My photographs on Flickr

aligreto

Quote from: North Star on February 14, 2015, 04:14:10 AM
Very nice photos of clouds and trees. :)

Thank you; most of my photos are simple, straightforward shots. I do not have the technical expertise or imagination to produce the like of your Maple leafstract....some day perhaps  ;)

aligreto

This one is more an attempt at a study of light than anything else....

Sean

Lovely stuff. Will the squirrel eat the plants?

aligreto

Quote from: Sean on February 17, 2015, 10:49:02 AM
Lovely stuff. Will the squirrel eat the plants?

Thank you and nice association  ;) 8)

North Star

Quote from: aligreto on February 15, 2015, 02:53:49 PM
Thank you; most of my photos are simple, straightforward shots. I do not have the technical expertise or imagination to produce the like of your Maple leafstract....some day perhaps  ;)
Of course most of mine are 'simple, straightforward shots' as well. I wouldn't mind making a second similar piece, if I found another subject that would make for a photograph that could be used to produce such an image. ;)

My photographs on Flickr

Sean

English breakfast at the Wetherspoons pub chain, and no, I don't read the Sunday Times.

aligreto

Quote from: North Star on February 17, 2015, 11:15:28 AM
Of course most of mine are 'simple, straightforward shots' as well. I wouldn't mind making a second similar piece, if I found another subject that would make for a photograph that could be used to produce such an image. ;)

I suppose you would need to look for simple patterns or abstract subjects to make similiar images; keep looking.

aligreto

Quote from: Sean on February 17, 2015, 11:18:46 AM

I have just finished my dinner here but I am hungry again seeing that photo  ;D