All Of Bach - every work of Bach free

Started by Dungeon Master, May 07, 2014, 01:43:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dungeon Master

The Netherlands Bach Society has started the All Of Bach website.

Their aim is the perform and post online every one of Bach's 1080 catalogued works. At one work posted per week, (Fridays, if you are interested), the project will be complete in the year 2035, Friday, late November.

So far just 6 works online, but there is information, a video of performance and other goodies for each work.

Marc

Great initiative and thanks for mentioning.

The site didn't work for me properly in Internet Explorer though, but it worked fine with Mozilla Firefox.
(Just mentioning.)

mc ukrneal

Wow! Great stuff. They have discussions with musicians about each piece too.

By the way, IE worked for me. Maybe it was a temporary issue.
Be kind to your fellow posters!!

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

North Star

Bah!
Internet will never last long enough for this project. 8)
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

Moonfish

Very interesting to explore! Thank for posting this!  :)  This will be a weekly visit for sure.
"Every time you spend money you are casting a vote for the kind of world you want...."
Anna Lappé

kishnevi

Interesting, but videos refuse to load on my tablet and site insists I view it in landscape orientation (tablet is a Nexus 7, Android 4.something or other browsing on Google Chrome for Android).

Wakefield

Quote from: Dungeon Master on May 07, 2014, 01:43:05 AM
The Netherlands Bach Society has started the All Of Bach website.

Their aim is the perform and post online every one of Bach's 1080 catalogued works. At one work posted per week, (Fridays, if you are interested), the project will be complete in the year 2035, Friday, late November.

So far just 6 works online, but there is information, a video of performance and other goodies for each work.

Great!!!

2035... If I'm lucky enough in 21 years I will be 65. So this is probably a nice long term project to consider.

Besides, now I realize my avatar looks too aged for a 68 y.o. man.  :D
"One of the greatest misfortunes of honest people is that they are cowards. They complain, keep quiet, dine and forget."
-- Voltaire

ZauberdrachenNr.7

THANK YOU so much for posting this - wouldn't have known about it otherwise, prob.  I have Bach-loving, harpsichord-playing friends and am about to become very popular.   8)

xaduci

Just found out about this from Reddit. What a great project! I'm learning so much by watching the interviews before the performances. Bumping this thread - everyone should know about this site.  :)

ibanezmonster

Very nice, but unfortunate to have to wait 20 years for it to be complete.

xaduci

Quote from: Greg on March 30, 2015, 07:38:35 AM
Very nice, but unfortunate to have to wait 20 years for it to be complete.

At least you know there's something exciting to look forward to every friday for the next 20 years.  :)

xaduci

Well, this just keeps getting better. They announced in their newsletter that this Friday's (April 3rd) performance will be the St. Matthew Passion. Mini-documentary: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSp1DxWcMVc

edit: The doc seems to be mostly in Dutch

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot