Worst looking CD/LP artwork

Started by Maciek, April 12, 2007, 03:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBS

Quote from: T. D. on July 26, 2023, 06:04:34 PMYowzah. When it comes to dubious cover art, just call Christian Lindberg "The Mailman"...he always delivers!  :o  ;D

The Christmas one is so wierd (not to mention the title) I have to suspect it was done to be intentionally bad.

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

vers la flamme

Has anyone heard the Christmas Hangover album? What does that even sound like?

JBS

Quote from: vers la flamme on July 26, 2023, 06:32:14 PMHas anyone heard the Christmas Hangover album? What does that even sound like?

You can sample it on Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BQYVGNN4/ref=mp_s_a_1_1

ETA
It's posted on his Youtube channel.
https://youtube.com/channel/UCC6BymKdsxU8EC0fRAa4Z1w

Peter Power Pop

This is a minor annoyance, but an annoyance nonetheless. The folks on either side of the guy in the middle have no trouble looking at the camera, but not chappy in the middle. Oh no. He has to be looking at something else. Grrr.

Peter Power Pop

Irons

Quote from: Peter Power Pop on July 27, 2023, 03:33:56 PM

This is a minor annoyance, but an annoyance nonetheless. The folks on either side of the guy in the middle have no trouble looking at the camera, but not chappy in the middle. Oh no. He has to be looking at something else. Grrr.

The chap in the middle looks a bit like Sting.
You must have a very good opinion of yourself to write a symphony - John Ireland.

I opened the door people rushed through and I was left holding the knob - Bo Diddley.

KevinP

Florestan

Quote from: Peter Power Pop on July 27, 2023, 03:33:56 PMThe folks on either side of the guy in the middle have no trouble looking at the camera, but not chappy in the middle. Oh no. He has to be looking at something else. Grrr.

Honestly, and no offense meant, I find this comment extremely bad-taste-ish, given that not a full year has passed since the "chappy in the middle" died of cancer.
There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

AnotherSpin

Quote from: Florestan on July 28, 2023, 01:24:30 AMHonestly, and no offense meant, I find this comment extremely bad-taste-ish, given that not a full year has passed since the "chappy in the middle" died of cancer.

+1

Peter Power Pop

Quote from: Florestan on July 28, 2023, 01:24:30 AMHonestly, and no offense meant, I find this comment extremely bad-taste-ish, given that not a full year has passed since the "chappy in the middle" died of cancer.

I had absolutely no idea. I simply responded to the photo.

Florestan

Quote from: Peter Power Pop on July 28, 2023, 02:28:20 AMI had absolutely no idea. I simply responded to the photo.

That explains it all, then. I'm sorry if I sounded harsh towards you, it was a gut reaction.

There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

AnotherSpin

Peter Power Pop

Peter Power Pop

Quote from: Florestan on July 28, 2023, 02:34:37 AMThat explains it all, then. I'm sorry if I sounded harsh towards you, it was a gut reaction.

No problem.

KevinP

Or should I post this in the companion thread?

I studied with this guy for a couple semesters.

Jo498

Did you study with Hans Wurman, or the graphic artists or any of the guys in the bottom row? ;)

(I think it's a great cover, but I probably could not stand the arrangements.)
Tout le malheur des hommes vient d'une seule chose, qui est de ne savoir pas demeurer en repos, dans une chambre.
- Blaise Pascal

KevinP

Quote from: Jo498 on August 03, 2023, 01:37:39 AMDid you study with Hans Wurman, or the graphic artists or any of the guys in the bottom row? ;)

(I think it's a great cover, but I probably could not stand the arrangements.)

With Wurman.

I like the cover too, but I don't think it would've fit in the Best Cover Art thread.

JBS

Quote from: KevinP on August 03, 2023, 01:29:00 AM

Or should I post this in the companion thread?

I studied with this guy for a couple semesters.

I rather like it. Although adding in the beard makes him look a good deal more like Shakespeare than Chopin.

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: KevinP on August 03, 2023, 02:11:40 AMWith Wurman.

I like the cover too, but I don't think it would've fit in the Best Cover Art thread.
I think that it's pretty clever.

So, what did you get (learn) from your studies with him?  :)

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Brian

I find the Schubert Tetzlaff/Vogt cover haunting - it looks like the two surviving members are already remembering and mourning him, even while he's still in their presence. Really powerful pose.

Quote from: Madiel on July 26, 2023, 04:55:34 PMThat wasn't my question. My question is whether the original poster thought the artwork was poor, or whether the original poster yet again hadn't done the work of understanding why the album had that picture.

Because if the latter this is yet again a case of other people being able to figure out why the album has a picture of a cat.

The thread is not titled "explain this artwork to me because I can't google". And I know for a fact that I'm not the only one who's getting really tired of a couple of people using the thread that way.
I'm not OP but I take a lot of cat pictures  ;D  ;D and I can't imagine Mr. Wuorinen didn't have a better cat picture around somewhere. Between the lighting and all the dirt and gunk visible on the floor, it's not exactly a photo I'd show off.