[Details]

[Details]

[Details]

[Details]

And there's a piano one too:

[Details]

EigenUser

Quote from: Greg on September 14, 2014, 06:32:59 PM
That is the appeal to me. It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. There's just no trying to figure out how it relates to the music, because there is no relation. A picture of a spaceship would almost make more sense because it has equally nothing to do with the music, yet it is a familiar image. Not only does this picture have nothing to do with the music, but the image of a deer in a parking garage is unfamiliar to the vast majority of people.

Even the Brahms CD with the breakfast picture makes more sense than this. You could listen to a Brahms CD while eating breakfast. You probably aren't going to be listening to Bach while looking at a deer in a parking garage.
Quote from: Peter Power Pop on September 14, 2014, 08:47:08 PM
No sir. And thanks for making me laugh out loud.
Me too!

Quote from: Peter Power Pop on September 14, 2014, 11:58:03 PM
A four-volume series of Beethoven for kids:

[Details]

[Details]

[Details]

[Details]

And there's a piano one too:

[Details]
And there's this: http://www.good-music-guide.com/community/index.php/topic,13493.msg820694.html#msg820694
Beethoven's Op. 133 -- A fugue so bad that even Beethoven himself called it "Grosse".

Peter Power Pop

EigenUser

Quote from: Peter Power Pop on September 15, 2014, 01:21:25 AM
He he.

Thanks for pointing me in the direction of those baby covers, EigenUser.
Haha, no problem. The Berg one is obviously my own creation, but the others are real.
Beethoven's Op. 133 -- A fugue so bad that even Beethoven himself called it "Grosse".

Madiel

Quote from: Peter Power Pop on September 14, 2014, 04:39:03 PM
Speaking of baffling:

Huh?

Pining for the 1700s, when this was a forest instead of a car park.

Honestly, you lot have no imagination.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

ibanezmonster

Quote from: orfeo on September 15, 2014, 05:56:07 AM
Pining for the 1700s, when this was a forest instead of a car park.

Honestly, you lot have no imagination.
I thought of that, but it would only make sense to whoever designed the cover.

First of all, Bach's music doesn't remind me of forests at all. That role belongs to the Romantics. Second of all, unless you live in a big city, forests are everywhere and there should be no such thing as pining for a forest. Just take that deer and drive 30 minutes from home and drop it off at the nearest forest.

Madiel

Quote from: Greg on September 15, 2014, 06:25:33 AM
I thought of that, but it would only make sense to whoever designed the cover.

Given that neither you nor I designed the cover, but both thought of that, the second half of your sentence is clearly false.

It's about evoking something. Timing the drive to the nearest forest rather misses the point in my view.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

kishnevi

Quote from: orfeo on September 15, 2014, 06:26:31 AM
Given that neither you nor I designed the cover, but both thought of that, the second half of your sentence is clearly false.

It's about evoking something. Timing the drive to the nearest forest rather misses the point in my view.
True.  Problem is, for myself among others,  it evokes a curiousity to know what sort of pills the graphics designer was taking when he did this.

Peter Power Pop

Quote from: snyprrr on April 11, 2014, 07:36:24 AM

Jazz Hands!!

I don't see jazz hands. I see Ms Shiraga as a speed skater:

Peter Power Pop

Just when you thought you were safe from inappropriate appearances of Paavo Järvi on album covers...

(The original)

snyprrr

Quote from: Peter Power Pop on September 18, 2014, 07:10:20 PM
Just when you thought you were safe from inappropriate appearances of Paavo Järvi on album covers...

(The original)

JARVI SAY RELAX!

Peter Power Pop

ZauberdrachenNr.7

Is this the Classical counterpart to Janet Jackson's Super Bowl "costume malfunction"?  Jenny Lin's Stravinsky Solo Piano Works is such a wonderful disk in nearly every way that inclusion of this photo (second image, below) w/o some judicious Photo Shopping seems a surprising gaffe.  Design/production people are aware that many record buyers scrutinize every aspect of a release - I know, I've talked to some of them.  How did they let this go? It could not have been on purpose.  Concerned about my own gender-related bias, I checked with my wife who agrees that it's regrettable.  She also notes that it's made worse with Lin's flesh-colored dress.

[asin]B00I0VTPFM[/asin]

Dancing Divertimentian

Definite side-view photoshopping in that second photo:

After photoshop:

Before photoshop:

Veit Bach-a baker who found his greatest pleasure in a little cittern which he took with him even into the mill and played while the grinding was going on. In this way he had a chance to have the rhythm drilled into him. And this was the beginning of a musical inclination in his descendants. JS Bach

Brian

I definitely interpret that as a fold in the dress, not a wardrobe malfunction.

Peter Power Pop

Quote from: Brian on September 21, 2014, 07:18:04 PM
I definitely interpret that as a fold in the dress, not a wardrobe malfunction.

I agree. I'd say it's a combination of the dress material and the viewer's imagination.

I'm surprised that nobody involved in approving that photo said, "Hang on a minute – that doesn't look right. It looks almost as if you can see a... Jenny, would you mind posing for just one more photo?"

ZauberdrachenNr.7

Quote from: Dancing Divertimentian on September 21, 2014, 06:40:41 PM
Definite side-view photoshopping in that second photo:

After photoshop:

I think you're right ! (or other possible assistance in that dept.)

Before photoshop:

mc ukrneal

Quote from: ZauberdrachenNr.7 on September 21, 2014, 05:24:19 PM
Is this the Classical counterpart to Janet Jackson's Super Bowl "costume malfunction"?  Jenny Lin's Stravinsky Solo Piano Works is such a wonderful disk in nearly every way that inclusion of this photo (second image, below) w/o some judicious Photo Shopping seems a surprising gaffe.  Design/production people are aware that many record buyers scrutinize every aspect of a release - I know, I've talked to some of them.  How did they let this go? It could not have been on purpose.  Concerned about my own gender-related bias, I checked with my wife who agrees that it's regrettable.  She also notes that it's made worse with Lin's flesh-colored dress.
Sorry - what are we looking for?
Be kind to your fellow posters!!

ZauberdrachenNr.7

Quote from: mc ukrneal on September 22, 2014, 04:37:34 AM
Sorry - what are we looking for?

The shape and locus of a fabric fold on her dress resembles a mammilla.   

mc ukrneal

Quote from: ZauberdrachenNr.7 on September 22, 2014, 05:18:47 AM
The shape and locus of a fabric fold on her dress resembles a mammilla.   
oh. It does? I guess. It's just her dress though - it's clear she is wearing a normal dress.
Be kind to your fellow posters!!