Worst looking CD/LP artwork

Started by Maciek, April 12, 2007, 03:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

North Star

Just received the ECM Arbos disc in mail, and it doesn't look like in all the pictures (green ARBOS text on black, on white the performers) - ARBOS is on red against the white booklet, and the performers' names aren't below it. Otherwise it looks perfectly legit..   ???
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

ZauberdrachenNr.7

Quote from: mc ukrneal on September 22, 2014, 05:57:43 AM
oh. It does? I guess. It's just her dress though - it's clear she is wearing a normal dress.

Clear to me too, but still I think unfortunate and avoidable.  Perhaps I'm making a mountain out of a molehill  :laugh:, but if I were the art director I would have Photo Shopped it out.  My wife agrees. 

Ken B

Quote from: ZauberdrachenNr.7 on September 22, 2014, 06:07:03 AM
Clear to me too, but still I think unfortunate and avoidable.  Perhaps I'm making a mountain out of a molehill  :laugh:, but if I were the art director I would have Photo Shopped it out.  My wife agrees.
You guys are missing the big picture: would Greg tap that?

ibanezmonster

snyprrr

Quote from: mc ukrneal on September 22, 2014, 04:37:34 AM
Sorry - what are we looking for?

they added a few cup sizes,... with a cherry on top!

ZauberdrachenNr.7

Quote from: Ken B on September 22, 2014, 06:09:53 AM
You guys are missing the big picture: would Greg tap that?

He would, but I think the question becomes before or after enjoying her virtuosity on the keyboard? 

Brahmsian

Her dress seems more wine/champagne coloured, rather than flesh coloured.  However, I am partially colour blind.  ;D

springrite

Quote from: ChamberNut on September 22, 2014, 08:13:12 AM
Her dress seems more wine/champagne coloured, rather than flesh coloured.  However, I am partially colour blind.  ;D

Seems more skin coloured than flesh coloured to me...
Do what I must do, and let what must happen happen.

ZauberdrachenNr.7

Ken B

Quote from: ZauberdrachenNr.7 on September 22, 2014, 07:47:36 AM
He would, but I think the question becomes before or after enjoying her virtuosity on the keyboard?
You kinky bugger! Those are expensive.

ZauberdrachenNr.7

Quote from: Ken B on September 22, 2014, 08:47:52 AM
You kinky bugger! Those are expensive.

Only about $120K, inc. the bench.  :) Previously enjoyed can be had for much less.

TheGSMoeller

Now THAT'S how you frame a portrait...

Dancing Divertimentian

Quote from: TheGSMoeller on September 23, 2014, 06:24:09 PM

And when framing a portrait goes awry:

Veit Bach-a baker who found his greatest pleasure in a little cittern which he took with him even into the mill and played while the grinding was going on. In this way he had a chance to have the rhythm drilled into him. And this was the beginning of a musical inclination in his descendants. JS Bach

Jo498

Couldn't one "puzzle together" a potrait of Mozart with the covers of that edition or was it another one?
Tout le malheur des hommes vient d'une seule chose, qui est de ne savoir pas demeurer en repos, dans une chambre.
- Blaise Pascal

EigenUser

Quote from: TheGSMoeller on September 23, 2014, 06:24:09 PM
That guy reminds me of an angry version of my violin teacher (he was always smiling, and was probably one of the happiest guys ever).

Quote from: Dancing Divertimentian on September 23, 2014, 08:08:31 PM

Is that Janet Leigh? :D
Beethoven's Op. 133 -- A fugue so bad that even Beethoven himself called it "Grosse".

Dancing Divertimentian

Quote from: Jo498 on September 23, 2014, 11:54:06 PM
Couldn't one "puzzle together" a potrait of Mozart with the covers of that edition or was it another one?

You're right! It was this edition. Had forgotten all about that. Impressive memory! :)

Veit Bach-a baker who found his greatest pleasure in a little cittern which he took with him even into the mill and played while the grinding was going on. In this way he had a chance to have the rhythm drilled into him. And this was the beginning of a musical inclination in his descendants. JS Bach

TheGSMoeller

Quote from: Dancing Divertimentian on September 23, 2014, 08:08:31 PM

Oh Levine has done some classic Mozart covers...

Dancing Divertimentian

Quote from: EigenUser on September 24, 2014, 01:21:43 AM
Is that Janet Leigh? :D

:o :laugh: We won't know till the picture slowly pans outward...

Dancing Divertimentian

Quote from: TheGSMoeller on September 24, 2014, 05:42:58 PM
Oh Levine has done some classic Mozart covers...

I think Jimmy's telling us...he wants his own wig.

TheGSMoeller

Quote from: Dancing Divertimentian on September 24, 2014, 05:49:47 PM
I think Jimmy's telling us...he wants his own wig.

Ok.  :)