Missing Members

Started by Cato, October 24, 2011, 07:14:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kyjo

Quote from: Symphonic Addict on April 26, 2024, 10:38:27 AMI've been talking to John (Mirror Image) on the another forum and he asked me to tell @kyjo and @vandermolen that he missed them and hopes they are doing well.

Thanks for letting us know, Cesar - I miss talking with John as well.
"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" - Sergei Rachmaninoff

Karl Henning

Quote from: prémont on April 26, 2024, 09:44:45 AMLike you I miss him, but maybe the situation is not that bad. After all Sarge was last active March 23. 2024. But his postings during the last year have been few. As far as I know he is about 75 years of age.
I remember the Sarge's warmth when I re-emerged after my stroke, especially, so I am for him. As we all are, in sooth.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Symphonic Addict

Quote from: kyjo on April 26, 2024, 11:36:42 AMThanks for letting us know, Cesar - I miss talking with John as well.

It would be neat if he reconsidered and came back despite some differences with other members.
Part of the tragedy of the Palestinians is that they have essentially no international support for a good reason: they've no wealth, they've no power, so they've no rights.

Noam Chomsky

Spotted Horses

Quote from: prémont on April 26, 2024, 09:44:45 AMLike you I miss him, but maybe the situation is not that bad. After all Sarge was last active March 23. 2024. But his postings during the last year have been few. As far as I know he is about 75 years of age.

I recall that in recent years the Sarge's participation has been intermittent, and I think I recall him commenting that he found himself listing to a lot less classical music than he used to. I also seem to recall the Sarge revealing that he had been treated for a heart aliment. I wish him the best, and nothing here would make me happier to seeing the Sarge resume a high level of participation.
There are simply two kinds of music, good music and the other kind. - Duke Ellington

vandermolen

Quote from: Symphonic Addict on April 26, 2024, 10:38:27 AMI've been talking to John (Mirror Image) on the another forum and he asked me to tell @kyjo and @vandermolen that he misses them and hopes they are doing well.
Thanks Cesar - can you please let him know that I miss his presence here as well.
Thanks
 :)
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Harry

Quote from: vandermolen on April 26, 2024, 11:30:05 PMThanks Cesar - can you please let him know that I miss his presence here as well.
Thanks
 :)

Aren't we all forgetting how much havoc he created and how many people on GMG were victims of his behaviour. Does anyone remember the fights and arguments? So I may be a lonely voice, but I rather not see him back, if you don't mind. So stone me now!
Quote from Manuel, born in Spain, currently working at Fawlty Towers.

" I am from Barcelona, I know nothing.............."

vandermolen

Quote from: Harry on April 26, 2024, 11:47:23 PMAren't we all forgetting how much havoc he created and how many people on Fu were victims of his behaviour. Does anyone remember the fights and arguments? So I may be a lonely voice, but I rather not see him back, if you don't mind. So stone me now!
What's 'Fu'?
Personally I experienced great generosity from him, although I know that was not everyone's experience. These online forums can bring out the best and worst in people but as far as John (MI) is concerned I am writing from my own experience with him.(too many 'experiences' in this message!  ::)
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Harry

Quote from: vandermolen on Today at 01:03:44 AMWhat's 'Fu'?
Personally I experienced great generosity from him, although I know that was not everyone's experience. These online forums can bring out the best and worst in people but as far as John (MI) is concerned I am writing from my own experience with him.(too many 'experiences' in this message!  ::)

Sorry Fu, a slip of keys.
Quote from Manuel, born in Spain, currently working at Fawlty Towers.

" I am from Barcelona, I know nothing.............."