Started by amw, February 15, 2016, 03:07:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandryka

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muss man schweigen

Drasko

Quote from: Mandryka on December 18, 2016, 06:13:57 AM
See what you think of this one

https://www.youtube.com/v/CR11gEV3gHA

Quite like it. Impulsive, exciting, lyrical, but stays relatively coherent. Quite a few dropped notes but that doesn't bother me that much in live from competition performance. Worth hearing definitely.Tony has started some crowdfunding to try to release some of her radio recordings I believe.

amw

Quote from: Mandryka on December 18, 2016, 06:13:57 AM
See what you think of this one

https://www.youtube.com/v/CR11gEV3gHA
Lmao I was listening to myself practicing earlier and then I heard the start of this and was like "holy shit who put my practice on youtube???" for about five-ten seconds before realising that was in fact impossible.

Obviously, she's much better than me, so yeah. Saves me having to record a Kreisleriana of my own. Thanks Tati <3

I should also mention (if it wasn't obvious) that I really like it. Probably not in the top five, but still a very sensitive and well shaded reading. I'm not sure about "coherence", which is a weird concept for this piece, with its relentless mood swings from madness to beauty to sardonic humour to utter stillness that sometimes pass over in a few seconds and sometimes throw individual movements wildly off course. She drives the contrasts pretty hard but is maybe not quite obsessive enough about them. The mistakes aren't a huge deal, but since I just listened to a version with a looooot more of them (my own lmao, I'm trash at piano) I might just be desensitised.

George

Quote from: Sammy on February 16, 2016, 09:53:48 AM
Favorites:  Gieseking, Cortot, Brand, Schliessmann, Moiseiwitsch, Horowitz and Karnavichius.

I agree with Brand (studio, NDL) and Horowitz.
"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure