Dating or not dating.

Started by NikF, August 05, 2016, 05:43:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greg

Quote from: Mirror Image on December 20, 2016, 07:44:08 PM
On our second date, I pretty much dropped the whole role of interrogator. I don't want to come across as an ass. Life's too short for that kind of nonsense.
Good. When is the third date?  8)

Mirror Image

Quote from: greg on December 22, 2016, 03:00:37 PM
Good. When is the third date?  8)

After New Year's (Jan. 2nd). I wanted to see her after the holidays, which seemed like a good idea at the time. :)

NikF

It won't do either of you any harm at all to have this interval. And you'll probably find the time will fly past anyway. Ah, I remember what it's like to be waiting to see someone again.  :)
"You overestimate my power of attraction," he told her. "No, I don't," she replied sharply, "and neither do you".

Mirror Image

Quote from: NikF on December 23, 2016, 05:38:14 AM
It won't do either of you any harm at all to have this interval. And you'll probably find the time will fly past anyway. Ah, I remember what it's like to be waiting to see someone again.  :)

Sure, there's nothing wrong with a little time away. Since I work retail, I'll be quite tired after Christmas Eve anyway. I'm just going to chill out for awhile and listen to some music. Like I have always done. ;)

Rinaldo

Funny how the world spins sometimes. A month or so ago, I came across a photo of a woman that was basically the definition of my 'type'. It was just a profile picture on Twitter (o tempora, o mores!), but – instant crush. I've checked her website, a travel blog filled with gorgeous photographs. Aside from the fact that those were taken by her partner, I immediately concluded that she's from a much fancier world and wouldn't bother with a punk like me. Well, maybe she eventually won't, but in the meantime, she – by pure chance – tuned in to my radio show and liked what she heard. I couldn't believe it's the same person but what do you know, she's single now and we're having coffee in January.

NikF

Quote from: Rinaldo on December 23, 2016, 06:04:27 AM
Funny how the world spins sometimes. A month or so ago, I came across a photo of a woman that was basically the definition of my 'type'. It was just a profile picture on Twitter (o tempora, o mores!), but – instant crush. I've checked her website, a travel blog filled with gorgeous photographs. Aside from the fact that those were taken by her partner, I immediately concluded that she's from a much fancier world and wouldn't bother with a punk like me. Well, maybe she eventually won't, but in the meantime, she – by pure chance – tuned in to my radio show and liked what she heard. I couldn't believe it's the same person but what do you know, she's single now and we're having coffee in January.

That's really great.  :)
As for the 'she's from a much fancier world and wouldn't bother with a punk like me', that's how it works the majority of the time, yes. I've been on the receiving end of that. But there are always exceptions - and the fact that those exist means you just go out, you be yourself, you make the most of it and see what happens.  8)
Roll on January for the GMG dating crew!  ;D
"You overestimate my power of attraction," he told her. "No, I don't," she replied sharply, "and neither do you".

Rinaldo

Quote from: NikF on December 23, 2016, 06:34:40 AMRoll on January for the GMG dating crew!  ;D

Hide yo daughters, hide yo wives, secure your prosthetic limbs!

Ken B

Quote from: Rinaldo on December 23, 2016, 07:43:37 AM
Hide yo daughters, hide yo wives, secure your prosthetic limbs!
BTW, what radio show do you do? I ask because I was classical music director of two radio stations in past.

Mirror Image

Great stuff, Rinaldo. I wish you the best. Hoping things go well for you.

Rinaldo

Quote from: Ken B on December 23, 2016, 07:45:41 AMBTW, what radio show do you do? I ask because I was classical music director of two radio stations in past.

Cool, did you enjoy it?

I work part-time for the oldest 'alternative' radio here in Prague. We used to have a show with my wife that ran through the night, so we could play basically anything, from rock to electronica to classical stuff (mostly contemporary, although I did manage to slip some baroque in the playlist from time to time). Today, I'm a regular DJ and I have a weekly show covering music from videogames. I'd love to work for a classical station eventually – I even auditioned for one and got the job but then life happened and changed my plans. But I do like the work: introducing people to new music and interacting with them on air occasionally.

Ken B

Quote from: Rinaldo on December 24, 2016, 04:33:13 AM
Cool, did you enjoy it?

I work part-time for the oldest 'alternative' radio here in Prague. We used to have a show with my wife that ran through the night, so we could play basically anything, from rock to electronica to classical stuff (mostly contemporary, although I did manage to slip some baroque in the playlist from time to time). Today, I'm a regular DJ and I have a weekly show covering music from videogames. I'd love to work for a classical station eventually – I even auditioned for one and got the job but then life happened and changed my plans. But I do like the work: introducing people to new music and interacting with them on air occasionally.
Cool.
Yes I did like it, for some of the reasons you list, like exposing people (and myself) to new stuff. It helps that I have a face for radio.

Mirror Image

Kate and I are going to be having lunch this coming Monday at an Italian restaurant I've read good things about. We were originally going to have dinner, but she had something come up to where she wasn't going to be able to make it. I don't really like lunch dates too much, but at least she didn't outright cancel the whole thing.

Mirror Image

Quote from: Thatfabulousalien on December 27, 2016, 08:30:31 PM
Concerning me as a university student in the next two months, I find it hard to imagine that I won't find someone over the next year or so. Considering that it IS the ideal place for people with similar interests and career goals to meet eachother  8)

As the mature person I am though, relationships aren't close to the top of my priority list..but if it happens, it happens  ;)
Quote from: Thatfabulousalien on December 27, 2016, 08:27:46 PM
^^ Have a great time John :)

Thanks, Josh. I wouldn't worry too much about meeting someone at your university, because there will be women everywhere. If you show an interest at all, you'll find someone while you're there, but just have fun. Your studies are what really matters right now. When you're on a school break, however, that'll be a completely different matter. ;)

greg

Awesome!

NikF

Quote from: Mirror Image on December 27, 2016, 08:21:00 PM
Kate and I are going to be having lunch this coming Monday at an Italian restaurant I've read good things about. We were originally going to have dinner, but she had something come up to where she wasn't going to be able to make it. I don't really like lunch dates too much, but at least she didn't outright cancel the whole thing.
Sounds good. Lunch dates can be a different kind of vibe, but also much fun.  :)

NikF

Quote from: Ken B on December 24, 2016, 05:40:57 AM
Cool.
Yes I did like it, for some of the reasons you list, like exposing people (and myself) to new stuff. It helps that I have a face for radio.
And this is similar to the reason my job is behind the camera, rather than in front of it.  ;D

Mirror Image

Quote from: NikF on December 30, 2016, 09:20:21 AM
Sounds good. Lunch dates can be a different kind of vibe, but also much fun.  :)

A bit of change of plans. I decided to meet up with her this Friday as the weather here hasn't been that great and I'm rather tired coming off this 'holiday rush'. I'm off Sunday and Monday and I begin an eight day vacation starting this Friday, so I'll kick off my time off on a positive note. :)

NikF

Quote from: Mirror Image on December 31, 2016, 07:23:26 PM
A bit of change of plans. I decided to meet up with her this Friday as the weather here hasn't been that great and I'm rather tired coming off this 'holiday rush'. I'm off Sunday and Monday and I begin an eight day vacation starting this Friday, so I'll kick off my time off on a positive note. :)

That sounds good too. Hope you enjoy your break.  :)

vandermolen

"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Mirror Image