Dating or not dating.

Started by NikF, August 05, 2016, 05:43:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mirror Image

Any good news anyone?

ComposerOfAvantGarde

Quote from: Mirror Image on January 04, 2017, 08:08:33 PM
Any good news anyone?

Yeah. I have come to realise that there is no one in Melbourne I am even remotely interested in when it comes to dates and such. Give me music instead PLEASE.

NikF

Quote from: Mirror Image on January 04, 2017, 08:08:33 PM
Any good news anyone?

Nothing new for me. I went away for xmas and never even met anyone to have a fling with. Huh.  ;D
"You overestimate my power of attraction," he told her. "No, I don't," she replied sharply, "and neither do you".

Mirror Image

Quote from: jessop on January 04, 2017, 09:52:31 PMYeah. I have come to realise that there is no one in Melbourne I am even remotely interested in when it comes to dates and such. Give me music instead PLEASE.

You're still a young guy, so your opinion may very well change over time.

Mirror Image

Quote from: NikF on January 05, 2017, 04:11:32 AM
Nothing new for me. I went away for xmas and never even met anyone to have a fling with. Huh.  ;D

Damn, you're losing your touch. ;) ;D

NikF

Quote from: Mirror Image on January 05, 2017, 06:48:52 AM
Damn, you're losing your touch. ;) ;D

Yeah, maybe I've finally 'jumped the shark'.  ???  :D
However, I've a concert (or a ballet?) next week. The bonus when attending such events is the foyer beforehand and bar during the interval, because they (very) occasionally result in me being approached by women who want to comment on the book I'm reading or ask about a *scarf I'm wearing. ;D

* scarves might be my one affectation...  :laugh:
"You overestimate my power of attraction," he told her. "No, I don't," she replied sharply, "and neither do you".

Mirror Image

Quote from: NikF on January 05, 2017, 07:15:01 AM
Yeah, maybe I've finally 'jumped the shark'.  ???  :D
However, I've a concert (or a ballet?) next week. The bonus when attending such events is the foyer beforehand and bar during the interval, because they (very) occasionally result in me being approached by women who want to comment on the book I'm reading or ask about a *scarf I'm wearing. ;D

* scarves might be my one affectation...  :laugh:

You are a true ladies man. ;) I've been noticing something different about myself lately, it seems that more and more women are smiling at me and taking notice or it could just be my imagination. I've been 'playing it cool' throughout all of the holidays and I'm carrying this 'coolness' with me almost unknowingly now. 8) Good luck at that concert, I hope you meet someone.

Rinaldo

Quote from: Mirror Image on January 04, 2017, 08:08:33 PMAny good news anyone?

Yup ;)

Quote from: Mirror Image on January 05, 2017, 06:53:56 PMI've been noticing something different about myself lately, it seems that more and more women are smiling at me and taking notice or it could just be my imagination. I've been 'playing it cool' throughout all of the holidays and I'm carrying this 'coolness' with me almost unknowingly now. 8)

That's the spirit!

NikF

Quote from: Mirror Image on January 05, 2017, 06:53:56 PM
I've been noticing something different about myself lately, it seems that more and more women are smiling at me and taking notice or it could just be my imagination. I've been 'playing it cool' throughout all of the holidays and I'm carrying this 'coolness' with me almost unknowingly now. 8) Good luck at that concert, I hope you meet someone.

You're probably more relaxed about the whole 'I would like to meet someone' thing and as a result maybe holding yourself a little differently or something and so people are picking up on it. When someone feels good about who they are from within (as opposed to seeking out or relying on external validation) it's both obvious and hugely attractive. :)
Anyway, enjoy it. Just go along your way, simply returning any attention and looks you receive with a smile or friendly nod and keep taking it easy.  8) It really is the way to live. :)

Quote from: Rinaldo on January 05, 2017, 11:24:17 PM
Yup ;)

I'm wondering if it's about the woman with the travel blog you planned to have coffee with? Either way, good stuff. :)

Rinaldo

Quote from: NikF on January 06, 2017, 01:20:35 AMWhen someone feels good about who they are from within (as opposed to seeking out or relying on external validation) it's both obvious and hugely attractive.

Truer words haven't been spoken written in this thread.

QuoteI'm wondering if it's about the woman with the travel blog you planned to have coffee with? Either way, good stuff. :)

Yup again. Just our first date, so I'm keeping my enthusiasm where it should be at this point, but man oh man, she's exactly what I imagined and then some.

NikF

Quote from: Rinaldo on January 06, 2017, 04:38:22 AM

Yup again. Just our first date, so I'm keeping my enthusiasm where it should be at this point, but man oh man, she's exactly what I imagined and then some.

That's so great.  8)  :)

Mirror Image

Quote from: Rinaldo on January 05, 2017, 11:24:17 PM
Yup ;)

That's the spirit!

8)

Quote from: NikF on January 06, 2017, 01:20:35 AM
You're probably more relaxed about the whole 'I would like to meet someone' thing and as a result maybe holding yourself a little differently or something and so people are picking up on it. When someone feels good about who they are from within (as opposed to seeking out or relying on external validation) it's both obvious and hugely attractive. :)
Anyway, enjoy it. Just go along your way, simply returning any attention and looks you receive with a smile or friendly nod and keep taking it easy.  8) It really is the way to live. :)

I'm wondering if it's about the woman with the travel blog you planned to have coffee with? Either way, good stuff. :)

That's very possible, Nik. I'm just not really looking for anyone and so, like you mentioned, this relaxed feeling permeates my everyday life. It's so good to be wanted and on the other side of the coin for a change. ;) ;D That was my ego speaking not me...haha.

Mirror Image

Quote from: Rinaldo on January 06, 2017, 04:38:22 AMYup again. Just our first date, so I'm keeping my enthusiasm where it should be at this point, but man oh man, she's exactly what I imagined and then some.

This is great to hear, Rinaldo. I hope it goes well for you. Wishing you the best of luck.

NikF

Quote from: Mirror Image on January 06, 2017, 06:07:19 AM
8)

That's very possible, Nik. I'm just not really looking for anyone and so, like you mentioned, this relaxed feeling permeates my everyday life. It's so good to be wanted and on the other side of the coin for a change. ;) ;D That was my ego speaking not me...haha.

Yeah. :) And remember that those qualities you possess that resulted in you feeling wanted have always been part of you. They didn't suddenly appear overnight, nor will they instantly disappear. That relaxed feeling is available on tap 24/7.
Anyway, isn't this the start of your vacation? Hope it's a good one. :)

Mirror Image

Quote from: NikF on January 06, 2017, 06:19:42 AM
Yeah. :) And remember that those qualities you possess that resulted in you feeling wanted have always been part of you. They didn't suddenly appear overnight, nor will they instantly disappear. That relaxed feeling is available on tap 24/7.
Anyway, isn't this the start of your vacation? Hope it's a good one. :)

That's certainly true, Nik. I just didn't know how to tap into that kind of attitude before. Yep, today starts my vacation. Thanks a lot. I've got my date tonight and I'm pretty stoked about seeing her again after this mini-break.

NikF

I meant to comment on this before -

Quote from: jessop on January 04, 2017, 09:52:31 PM
Yeah. I have come to realise that there is no one in Melbourne I am even remotely interested in when it comes to dates and such. Give me music instead PLEASE.

jessop friendzones an entire city all at once. Awesome. ;D

ComposerOfAvantGarde

Quote from: NikF on January 06, 2017, 12:55:54 PM
I meant to comment on this before -

jessop friendzones an entire city all at once. Awesome. ;D
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ok I think it is just a temporary frame of mind for me. I have no idea who awaits for me in the future :)

Mirror Image

Well, I had to cancel my date tonight due to the weather. A winter storm advisory is out for the Southeastern US. Not a big deal really as I plan to meet up on Monday at the same time.

ComposerOfAvantGarde

Quote from: Mirror Image on January 06, 2017, 02:48:23 PM
Well, I had to cancel my date tonight due to the weather. A winter storm advisory is out for the Southeastern US. Not a big deal really as I plan to meet up on Monday at the same time.
Sorry to hear about the weather! I hope Monday goes well :)

What sort of weather do you get in Georgia at this time of year anyway?

greg

Quote from: Mirror Image on January 05, 2017, 06:53:56 PM
You are a true ladies man. ;) I've been noticing something different about myself lately, it seems that more and more women are smiling at me and taking notice or it could just be my imagination. I've been 'playing it cool' throughout all of the holidays and I'm carrying this 'coolness' with me almost unknowingly now. 8) Good luck at that concert, I hope you meet someone.
I noticed a few months ago every now and then if I were in a good mood or laughing to myself at whatever joke I made up my head and was walking past a cute girl, I'd tend to look at her for just a few seconds too long- but then the girl would start smiling back, kind of in a flirty way. But maybe that was my imagination, too. But I know exactly what you're talking about, since I think it's the same thing.

Though I started to get into the habit enough that it just kind of got awkward because you have the confidence to keep looking at them but have no plans to talk to them, so then you have to look away because then it just gets weird.  ;D

Quote from: Rinaldo on January 06, 2017, 04:38:22 AM
Good to hear!  8)