Dating or not dating.

Started by NikF, August 05, 2016, 05:43:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greg

John, you look so relaxed that you almost look stoned. I think that's what happens when you get along with a girl you like, even if just friends. There's a picture of me and my friend, where I almost look stoned, too. You might have seen it.

Mirror Image

Quote from: greg on January 09, 2017, 07:51:08 PM
John, you look so relaxed that you almost look stoned. I think that's what happens when you get along with a girl you like, even if just friends. There's a picture of me and my friend, where I almost look stoned, too. You might have seen it.

Hah! Well, thanks. I certainly was quite at ease tonight with Kate. She's so wonderful.

ComposerOfAvantGarde

Quote from: aleazk on January 09, 2017, 03:09:06 PM
lolz... now I get it all!  ;) :( :laugh:

btw... your dream other half will have to live in a world where the days are 50 hours each to achieve all that at the age of 19+10=29...  :laugh:

50 hours each? I already know a few people who fit the description!!! :P

And yeah piano is unfortunately a turnoff for me (and trumpet) but violin is even more so (and guitar slightly less so). I can't explain it........I have no idea why I am like this...................

vandermolen

Quote from: Mirror Image on January 09, 2017, 06:21:56 PM
I just wanted to tell everyone that Kate and I had a lot of fun on our date tonight. We're learning so much about each other. It's certainly been an education for me. I'm fascinated by her culture and she's interested in my culture (or lack thereof rather ;) ), but the best thing was I made her laugh a lot and we both continue to enjoy each other's company. Looking forward to our next date.

Here's a photo of us from tonight:
Lovely photo - making her laugh is a very good sign.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

aleazk

Quote from: jessop on January 09, 2017, 09:06:02 PM
50 hours each? I already know a few people who fit the description!!! :P

wtf, where?
Tell me, I wanna date them too then!!!  ;D

Rinaldo

Quote from: jessop on January 09, 2017, 09:06:02 PMI can't explain it........I have no idea why I am like this...................

You don't have to. We're a weird species.

Quote from: NikF on January 09, 2017, 08:56:54 AMConfidence, kindness, empathy, consistency - those sorts of qualities.

+1. I've always jokingly summed my preferences in two words, hips & intellect, but confidence is also where it's at for me. Plus I've got a thing for short haired gals, as evidenced by my current flame.

Quote from: Mirror Image on January 09, 2017, 06:21:56 PM
I just wanted to tell everyone that Kate and I had a lot of fun on our date tonight. We're learning so much about each other. It's certainly been an education for me. I'm fascinated by her culture and she's interested in my culture (or lack thereof rather ;) ), but the best thing was I made her laugh a lot and we both continue to enjoy each other's company. Looking forward to our next date.

John, you rock a leather jacket better than I ever could, I'm envious!

Mirror Image

Quote from: vandermolen on January 09, 2017, 10:00:44 PM
Lovely photo - making her laugh is a very good sign.

Thanks, Jeffrey. It's always great to see someone laugh at my moronic jokes. ;D

Mirror Image

Quote from: Thatfabulousalien on January 09, 2017, 10:07:43 PM
I'm happy it's still going great for you John and Kate, you both look extremely happy  :D

Thanks, Josh. I'm just enjoying my time with her right now.

Mirror Image

Quote from: Rinaldo on January 10, 2017, 02:55:59 AMJohn, you rock a leather jacket better than I ever could, I'm envious!

Haha! ;D I doubt I rock anything, but thanks for the compliment nevertheless! 8)

NikF

Quote from: Mirror Image on January 10, 2017, 06:06:04 AM
Haha! ;D I doubt I rock anything, but thanks for the compliment nevertheless! 8)

No, that jacket is a good look for you. I'm sure I mentioned it in an earlier post.

Anyway, you both look happy and at ease with each other - to the point where Kate is clearly comfortable doing the 'hand on, staking a claim' kind of thing. ;D
"You overestimate my power of attraction," he told her. "No, I don't," she replied sharply, "and neither do you".

Mirror Image

Quote from: NikF on January 10, 2017, 07:07:33 AM
No, that jacket is a good look for you. I'm sure I mentioned it in an earlier post.

Anyway, you both look happy and at ease with each other - to the point where Kate is clearly comfortable doing the 'hand on, staking a claim' kind of thing. ;D

Thanks, Nik. Yes, you did mention it before and thanks again. Yes, I'm now a senior partner of Kate Enterprises. ;) :D

greg

A friend of mine finally found a cute girlfriend that is into cosplaying anime characters with him.  ;D

Good. I was starting to get worried- this guy would constantly post on facebook how miserable and depressed he was, to the point where I started worrying about him. Hopefully she will put his mind at ease. I heard about his girlfriend that he had a few years ago- tried to tear him away from his otaku hobbies. Obviously, it didn't end well. Gotta be careful of them normie girls.

ComposerOfAvantGarde

Quote from: greg on January 11, 2017, 07:14:12 PM
A friend of mine finally found a cute girlfriend that is into cosplaying anime characters with him.  ;D

Good. I was starting to get worried- this guy would constantly post on facebook how miserable and depressed he was, to the point where I started worrying about him. Hopefully she will put his mind at ease. I heard about his girlfriend that he had a few years ago- tried to tear him away from his otaku hobbies. Obviously, it didn't end well. Gotta be careful of them normie girls.
Oh my, sorry to hear that he had a normie who tried to do that to him! But great to hear that he found someone else 8)

greg

Quote from: jessop on January 11, 2017, 07:25:46 PM
Oh my, sorry to hear that he had a normie who tried to do that to him! But great to hear that he found someone else 8)
;D

I'm wondering if they actually met at the anime convention they went to. There's only one where I live now, but it's in October. I've never cosplayed before, but you know, I could do a little something. And maybe find what I'm looking for.

Mirror Image

Kate and I had another fun date tonight. We didn't really do anything special. We saw the new Underworld movie. It was a decent flick, but her presence sure does make me feel quite good and that's all that mattered to me.

vandermolen

Quote from: Mirror Image on January 13, 2017, 06:10:09 PM
Kate and I had another fun date tonight. We didn't really do anything special. We saw the new Underworld movie. It was a decent flick, but her presence sure does make me feel quite good and that's all that mattered to me.
Very pleased that it went well John.  :)
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Mirror Image

NikF

Quote from: Mirror Image on January 13, 2017, 06:10:09 PM

Sounds good. Simple pleasures in life etc. :)
"You overestimate my power of attraction," he told her. "No, I don't," she replied sharply, "and neither do you".

vandermolen

Quote from: NikF on January 14, 2017, 08:21:04 AM
Sounds good. Simple pleasures in life etc. :)

True, sometimes 'less is more'  :)

Mirror Image

I broke it off with Kate tonight --- I won't go into any details. I'm quite relieved to be honest.