Started by SharpEleventh, December 05, 2016, 06:17:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

aligreto

Mahlerian

"l do not consider my music as atonal, but rather as non-tonal. I feel the unity of all keys. Atonal music by modern composers admits of no key at all, no feeling of any definite center." - Arnold Schoenberg

nodogen

aligreto

nodogen

Which would be the best football team made up of ex-Trump staff?

mahler10th

I enthusiastically started a thread here  in 2011 (I think) called "What are you sleeping to?" (or something just as daft) with the hope that people who had music on when they fell asleep at night could tell all what it was.  I did this after 'trying' to fall asleep to a Malcom Arnold Symphony.  Anyway, the idea was so shit that even I didn't return to it after a couple of days.   :'(

North Star

Quote from: Est.1965 on August 26, 2017, 12:05:19 PM
I enthusiastically started a thread here  in 2011 (I think) called "What are you sleeping to?" (or something just as daft) with the hope that people who had music on when they fell asleep at night could tell all what it was.  I did this after 'trying' to fall asleep to a Malcom Arnold Symphony.  Anyway, the idea was so shit that even I didn't return to it after a couple of days.   :'(
I always put Cage's 4'33" on repeat when I go to bed.
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

mahler10th

Quote from: North Star on August 26, 2017, 12:11:37 PM
I always put Cage's 4'33" on repeat when I go to bed.

I can't do that.  At the end of each performance I am always waiting for a suitable coda, and I never hear it.  Keeps me up all night thinking about it... ;D

vandermolen

The coat hanger discussion thread.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

nodogen

Breathing or not breathing.

aligreto

nodogen

Top 10 Deleted Posts (NSFW)

aligreto

nodogen

Art that you want to destroy.

vandermolen

Furniture I have bumped into.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

nodogen

Thoughts that I have not had.

nodogen

aligreto

Quote from: vandermolen on August 29, 2017, 11:52:35 PM
Furniture I have bumped into.

As I get older, that is not so stupid   ;D

aligreto