Author Topic: Consider banning politics  (Read 19192 times)

Offline Philoctetes

• One and one makes one.
  • Currently Listening to:
    Lasgo, Milk Inc, Sylver
Re: Consider banning politics
« Reply #80 on: May 14, 2020, 11:11:47 AM »
You are right. Anything else water off a ducks back but politics = >:D. Is a music forum though. :(

I've been on other forums dedicated to a particular topic, but they gated the politic forum. That is a possible solution, I suppose, for those that can't control themselves.
"That wouldn't be believable. Well, not if you don't believe it" (Trick, 1999).

"You'd like me to be dumb and nothing more. Maybe you think that, but I don't. But that's how it should be" (Undertow, 2009).

Offline Mirror Image

• Veteran member
  • Dmitri Shostakovich (1906 - 1975)
    Shostakovich, Prokofiev, Weinberg, Myaskovsky, Glazunov, Rachmaninov, Martinů, Dvořák, Sibelius, Nielsen, Tubin, Atterberg, Holmboe, Tveitt, Langgaard, Copland, Barber, W. Schuman, Bernstein, Rouse, Vaughan Williams, Alwyn, Arnold, Walton
« Reply #81 on: May 14, 2020, 03:25:25 PM »
Why do you care that random people, who you don't know and likely will never meet, respect you?

I don’t expect them to respect me personally, but a person can try to be respectful of another person’s opinion without resorting to ad homs or flame-throwing.
“When a man is in despair, it means that he still believes in something.” - Dmitri Shostakovich

Offline Philoctetes

• One and one makes one.
    Lasgo, Milk Inc, Sylver
« Reply #82 on: May 14, 2020, 03:36:43 PM »
I don’t expect them to respect me personally, but a person can try to be respectful of another person’s opinion without resorting to ad homs or flame-throwing.

Ah, yes. An edict from the paragon of virtue.
"That wouldn't be believable. Well, not if you don't believe it" (Trick, 1999).

"You'd like me to be dumb and nothing more. Maybe you think that, but I don't. But that's how it should be" (Undertow, 2009).

Offline Mirror Image

• Veteran member
  • Dmitri Shostakovich (1906 - 1975)
    Shostakovich, Prokofiev, Weinberg, Myaskovsky, Glazunov, Rachmaninov, Martinů, Dvořák, Sibelius, Nielsen, Tubin, Atterberg, Holmboe, Tveitt, Langgaard, Copland, Barber, W. Schuman, Bernstein, Rouse, Vaughan Williams, Alwyn, Arnold, Walton
« Reply #83 on: May 14, 2020, 04:26:11 PM »
Ah, yes. An edict from the paragon of virtue.

::)
“When a man is in despair, it means that he still believes in something.” - Dmitri Shostakovich