And They're Off! The Democratic Candidates for 2020

Started by JBS, June 26, 2019, 05:40:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Herman

it'd been obvious for some time that Trump is wondering whether he could cancel the nov 3d elections. Before he's invited and accepted the assistance of Russia in the 2016 election. He's has found there are no consequences for this, thanks to the GOP senate majority. The GOP has been working for decades to try and limit the participation of non-GOP voters in the elections.
If Trump can find a plausible reason to postpone the elections  -  say, a national security issue caused by the pandemic  -  the GOP will rubber stamp it and so will the SCOTUS. What we have seen during the impeachment trial is that Trump's "absolute authority" as he puts it, is basically unchallenged. If he'll get the opportunity, he'll do it. He's got nothing to lose.
The funny thing is, he's clearly not enjoying his current job at all, and yet he's very very scared he'll lose it.

Karl Henning

Quote from: Herman on May 11, 2020, 07:24:37 AM
it'd been obvious for some time that Trump is wondering whether he could cancel the nov 3d elections. Before he's invited and accepted the assistance of Russia in the 2016 election. He's has found there are no consequences for this, thanks to the GOP senate majority. The GOP has been working for decades to try and limit the participation of non-GOP voters in the elections.
If Trump can find a plausible reason to postpone the elections  -  say, a national security issue caused by the pandemic  -  the GOP will rubber stamp it and so will the SCOTUS. What we have seen during the impeachment trial is that Trump's "absolute authority" as he puts it, is basically unchallenged. If he'll get the opportunity, he'll do it. He's got nothing to lose.
The funny thing is, he's clearly not enjoying his current job at all, and yet he's very very scared he'll lose it.

Because once he's out of the White House, it's into the slammer.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Herman

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on May 11, 2020, 07:54:31 AM
Because once he's out of the White House, it's into the slammer.

Not even sure whether it's that. I think it's just his stultifying vanity.

He just doesn't want to go back NY, where everybody hates him.

He hates the White House and the work (which is why he doesn't do it), but somehow the idea of having the top job turns him on, and he doesn't want to let go.

Florestan

TDS is real. By Jove, it is, and the strange thing is that non-Americans develop it in a much more aggravated form than Americans.
There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

Karl Henning

Quote from: Herman on May 11, 2020, 08:04:46 AM
Not even sure whether it's that. I think it's just his stultifying vanity.

He just doesn't want to go back NY, where everybody hates him.

He hates the White House and the work (which is why he doesn't do it), but somehow the idea of having the top job turns him on, and he doesn't want to let go.

His emotional neediness will be his downfall. It's just too bad that so many American lives are "collateral damage."
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

71 dB

Quote from: Dowder on May 11, 2020, 08:18:18 AM
You're about as rational as 71bB.

db, DB, Db, bB,...  ::)

My nickname is the most difficult ever! People just don't get it right.

71 dB

The decibel (dB) is a unit corresponding to one tenth ("deci") of bel which is seldom used and named to honor Alexander Graham Bell and that's why the "B" in dB is capital letter.

Hertz (Hz) is another unit people keep getting wrong. Capital "H", because it's named after Heinrich Rudolf Hertz.
Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW Jan. 2024 "Harpeggiator"

Florestan

Quote from: 71 dB on May 11, 2020, 09:55:48 AM
db, DB, Db, bB,...  ::)

My nickname is the most difficult ever! People just don't get it right.

You don't get it right yourself, actually.  ;D

Quote71 dB

The desibel (dB) is a unit corresponding to one tenth ("desi") of bel

It's deci, not desi --- and it's Bell, not bel;D
There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

71 dB

Quote from: Florestan on May 11, 2020, 10:00:33 AM
You don't get it right yourself, actually.  ;D

It's deci, not desi --- and it's Bell, not bel;D

Where's my brain today!  ;D

However, the unit is called bel, even when the name is Bell: Decibel.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decibel

Florestan

Quote from: 71 dB on May 11, 2020, 11:01:01 AM
Where's my brain today!  ;D

Where's your brain usually?   >:D

However, the unit is called bel, even when the name is Bell: Decibel.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decibel

It's capital B, from Alexander Graham Bell. Wikipedia is as wrong as it gets on this one.  ;)

Just as you correctly pointed out it's Hz with capital H.  8)

Now, how do you write it correctly, Torr or torr;D

71 dB

This is a long video, 34 minutes, but illustrates well the nature of this race and the dilemma the left has with Biden.

Kyle Kulinski Responds To Being Called "Irresponsible" & "Delusional" For Not Voting Biden

https://www.youtube.com/v/PDnH_twgzC4

71 dB

Quote from: Florestan on May 11, 2020, 11:10:42 AM
Now, how do you write it correctly, Torr or torr;D

Unit name is torr, symbol is Torr.

71 dB

Quote from: FelixSkodi on May 11, 2020, 12:48:34 PM
Why are you recommending tosh?

I'm interested: What exactly makes it tosh for you?

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Karl Henning

No one, Poju, especially gives the slightest sliver of the weakest shadow of a damn when you post a Kulinski video.

Which, by the way, however bonkers your opinion may be, does not fall under the heading of "Poju expressing his opinion." It's regurgitation.

So, if you're determined to be irrelevant, and to be thought a numbskull, this is the course of action for you.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

FelixSkodi

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on May 11, 2020, 03:16:32 PM
But, you see, that's what he does.

Lol. I suppose I'm just surprised at the irony of a self-proclaimed free thinker linking to one of the lowest forms of rabble rousing punditry.

Karl Henning

Quote from: FelixSkodi on May 11, 2020, 04:35:10 PM
Lol. I suppose I'm just surprised at the irony of a self-proclaimed free thinker linking to one of the lowest forms of rabble rousing punditry.

Cannot fault you....
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

71 dB

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on May 11, 2020, 03:22:34 PM

No one, Poju, especially gives the slightest sliver of the weakest shadow of a damn when you post a Kulinski video.

Which, by the way, however bonkers your opinion may be, does not fall under the heading of "Poju expressing his opinion." It's regurgitation.

So, if you're determined to be irrelevant, and to be thought a numbskull, this is the course of action for you.

You make a couple of posts when I post a Kulinski Video. Tells me you DO give a damn. That's why you make all this effort to make sure NOBODY watches Kulinski or take me seriously. Kyle Kulinski is one to the most important voices on the left. It is your loss to ignore him. The US is supposed to be the country of freedom. People are supposed to have the freedom of having for example lefty opinions. What is your problem? Do you think you corporate Dem ideology is successful? HAH? It's a FAILURE!!! Obama DID NOT cover everybody with healthcare! He had supermajority. HE IS FAILURE!! Your political ideology sucks and causes deaths among Americans! My political ideology rules and saves lives. That's why your criticism of my is INSANE!! Obama did not raise minimum wage. FAILURE!! Obama started unnecessory wars, from 2 wars to 7 wars. FAILURE!! If you don't see how lefty ideas would help most people you are a brainwashed cheap yourself serving the top 1 %.

MusicTurner

Has the ignore button stopped working for some?

It does work very well for me, and it's nice as a last option, if choosing to stay on the site (but our Finnish member is not on that function for me).

Herman

apart from the Ignore Button you can just skip a post if it looks like you've heard it before.

71 dB

Quote from: FelixSkodi on May 11, 2020, 04:35:10 PM

A freethinker is allowed to share thoughts of OTHER people too! I never said these are MY opinions. I said they are Kyle Kulinski's opinions. The video illustrates well the situation the left is in regarding this election. watch it and think about what is said of say nothing.

I can't vote in this election because I am not american so I don't need to have an opinion whether to vote for Biden as the lesser evil, vote for third party or stay home. I don't know what I would do if I was american. Kyle Kulinski won't vote for Biden, because Biden is too bad candidate for him. He explanes it in this lengthy video. David Pakman is voting for Biden. Everyone on the left needs to make the decision. So, what is lowest forms of rabble rousing punditry HERE? You can't just say things like this without explainig!