Hello from Canada

Started by Cadenza, April 05, 2020, 07:51:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cadenza

My name is Stefania, I live in British Columbia, Canada and play piano and clarinet.

I have been listening to classical music for my whole life, but have recently been getting more into it. I still have lots to learn about/listen to classical music and I hope to accomplish those goals here. I mainly am into the emotional side (vs. technical side) of analyzing music, so when I say my favourite composers/pieces, it is because I like how they sound and could listen to it a lot.

My favourite composers are Handel, Beethoven, and Mozart. I generally prefer baroque and classical (baroque especially) over other periods of music, but there are often certain pieces I'll like from other periods as well (mostly Romantic).

steve ridgway

Welcome to the forum, plenty of fans of those composers here :).

Que

Biffo

Papy Oli

Olivier

david johnson

Kaga2

André

Hello there, from the other end of the country ! :)

TMHeimer

Hello from Nova Scotia and a fellow clarinetist. What clarinet pieces have you played?
The Most Advanced Clarinet Book
tomheimer.ampbk.com/
austinmacauley.com/author/heimer-tom
(click on book image, PDF samples)
Boreal Ballad for unaccompanied clarinet solo
(Sheet Music Plus)

Kaga2

Quote from: TMHeimer on April 06, 2020, 07:04:23 PM
Hello from Nova Scotia and a fellow clarinetist. What clarinet pieces have you played?
Quote from: André on April 06, 2020, 11:23:15 AM
Hello there, from the other end of the country ! :) [Laval, Quebec]

Canada, the Möbius strip country.

Cadenza

Quote from: TMHeimer on April 06, 2020, 07:04:23 PM
I'm an amateur clarinetist (started playing 3 years ago), so I haven't played any professional pieces, but I have tried some clarinet parts in the Magic Flute (Mozart) for fun. Because of that (me being an amateur), all the pieces I've played have been at around a high school band level. For a time last year, I played that bass clarinet instead of the regular clarinet in my band because we needed another "bass" instrument.

vandermolen

Welcome from me too. I hope that you enjoy your time here.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

TMHeimer

I've never played the Magic Flute but have practiced it. Great stuff.
The Most Advanced Clarinet Book
tomheimer.ampbk.com/
austinmacauley.com/author/heimer-tom
(click on book image, PDF samples)
Boreal Ballad for unaccompanied clarinet solo
(Sheet Music Plus)

Pohjolas Daughter

Hello Stefania and welcome (from the US)!

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

mc ukrneal

Welcome and enjoy yourself!
Be kind to your fellow posters!!