Identify Your Avatar

Started by George, April 14, 2007, 01:48:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mirror Image

My current avatar is a composer of huge importance for me: Aaron Copland. It seems that the information attributed to this photo is that it's dated December 1955 and appears to be in front of some barn of an undisclosed location.

TheGSMoeller

Quote from: Mirror Image on May 07, 2018, 05:22:21 PM
My current avatar is a composer of huge importance for me: Aaron Copland. It seems that the information attributed to this photo is that it's dated December 1955 and appears to be in front of some barn of an undisclosed location.

I love being gone from the forum for a few weeks, then reading your most recent post updating your avatar only for it to already be outdated and the picture not matching the composer.  ;D Had to do a double-take on the image.
Thanks for the entertainment, John. Now perhaps I'll go rock-out to Barber's 1st Symphony.

NikF

I added to my collection of colour wheels via this original early 60s print ad by Luxite. I'm sure that in the future none of my own print published work will be venerated in the slightest.  ;D

"You overestimate my power of attraction," he told her. "No, I don't," she replied sharply, "and neither do you".

Karl Henning

A detail, "cartoonized," of a negative image of raindrops on the car's hood.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Jaakko Keskinen

My current avatar is Gustave Brion's original illustration of Inspector Javert from the first edition of Les Misérables. I have also changed my signature to match my avatar.
"Javert, though frightful, had nothing ignoble about him. Probity, sincerity, candor, conviction, the sense of duty, are things which may become hideous when wrongly directed; but which, even when hideous, remain grand."

- Victor Hugo

eljr

My current avatar is me. I have donned a space suit because I spend much time in the Trump thread and many of the posters there post as if they are from outer space. I always try to fit in.
"You practice and you get better. It's very simple."
Philip Glass

Florestan

I have reverted to my very first avatar and signature line.
There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

George

Quote from: Florestan on August 31, 2018, 03:24:39 AM

Awesome!!

I've done the same.
"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

Capeditiea

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on May 23, 2018, 08:11:08 AM
A detail, "cartoonized," of a negative image of raindrops on the car's hood.

i am not seeing it...

well, my current avatar is my sigil. :3

i will eventually switch it to Sorabji smiling... :D

EddieRUKiddingVarese

In infra Red I can see it  ;D
"Everyone is born with genius, but most people only keep it a few minutes"
and I need the knits, the double knits!

Ken B

Quote from: Florestan on August 31, 2018, 03:24:39 AM
I thought your first avatar was the bearded lady.

EddieRUKiddingVarese

Quote from: Ken B on September 02, 2018, 05:31:04 PM

I shaved my beard off ;D

EddieRUKiddingVarese

Ps who says " We have arrived at the 9th qualifying round " a lot

Florestan

Quote from: Ken B on September 02, 2018, 05:31:04 PM

Nope. The Van Gogh was. And I had several more before Bizet.
There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

MN Dave

"The effect of music is so very much more powerful and penetrating than is that of the other arts, for these others speak only of the shadow, but music of the essence." — Arthur Schopenhauer

George

"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

MN Dave

Quote from: George on September 04, 2018, 10:47:17 AM
John Dee, Mathematician.

(I cheated)

Oh, nooooo. George, I never thought of you as a cheater!!  $:)
"The effect of music is so very much more powerful and penetrating than is that of the other arts, for these others speak only of the shadow, but music of the essence." — Arthur Schopenhauer

NikF

Yorkshire...the accent. The first woman (girl) I ever slept with was from there. I was 14 and she was 17 (UK laws at the time for age of consent, so don't get yer knickers in a twist)  and it was in the rough of a golf course. Afterwards she came out with one of the classics in her delightful twang.
"You overestimate my power of attraction," he told her. "No, I don't," she replied sharply, "and neither do you".

MN Dave

Who knows mine without cheating?