Identify Your Avatar

Started by George, April 14, 2007, 01:48:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken B

Quote from: ChamberNut on April 26, 2014, 08:50:05 AM
Decided to change my Brahms avatar to Penderecki for a little while.  Have been listening to much of his music again lately, and will likely try to add to my collection of his works, especially more of his chamber works, and operas.

:)
A new John is born ...  >:D

Mirror Image

Quote from: ChamberNut on April 26, 2014, 08:50:05 AM
Decided to change my Brahms avatar to Penderecki for a little while.  Have been listening to much of his music again lately, and will likely try to add to my collection of his works, especially more of his chamber works, and operas.

Cool, Ray. I'm glad you're enjoying Penderecki's music. He's still a composer I have difficulty appreciating.

Mirror Image

Looks like MN Dave's new avatar is one of The Residents. :) What a strange band.

mn dave

Quote from: Mirror Image on April 27, 2014, 12:08:56 PM
Looks like MN Dave's new avatar is one of The Residents. :) What a strange band.

Very good. Yes, it's Mr. Skull. :) I guess one of the eyeballs got stolen.

Sergeant Rock

Quote from: Ken B on April 26, 2014, 11:53:19 PM
A new John is born ...  >:D

I don't know. The Nut hasn't changed his avatar yet again (John would've been through half a dozen in this amount time). We might be stuck with our old John for now.

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

Mirror Image

Quote from: Sergeant Rock on April 27, 2014, 12:34:55 PM
I don't know. The Nut hasn't changed his avatar yet again (John would've been through half a dozen in this amount time). We might be stuck with our old John for now.

Sarge

:P

Mirror Image

Quote from: mn dave on April 27, 2014, 12:29:37 PM
Very good. Yes, it's Mr. Skull. :) I guess one of the eyeballs got stolen.

:D I wonder if anyone besides those who have worked with the band like Snakefinger for example actually knew The Residents' members identities or do those who even collaborated with them know who they were?

mn dave

Quote from: Mirror Image on April 27, 2014, 01:15:51 PM
:D I wonder if anyone besides those who have worked with the band like Snakefinger for example actually knew The Residents' members identities or do those who even collaborated with them know who they were?

Somebody must but they're not talking.

Ken B

Quote from: Sergeant Rock on April 27, 2014, 12:34:55 PM

Sarge
I dunno. The old John liked Barber and Poulenc and Shostakovich.

8)

Karl Henning

Quote from: Jay F on April 24, 2014, 02:30:30 PM
I'm so happy to see all these Beatles threads that have popped up in the last day or two.

Coolness.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Sergeant Rock

Quote from: Ken B on April 27, 2014, 04:55:54 PM
I dunno. The old John liked Barber and Poulenc and Shostakovich.

8)

True, his recent delving into poorly executed adolescent fodder is disturbing  ???

;D :laugh: ;D

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

Mirror Image

Quote from: Sergeant Rock on April 28, 2014, 05:33:52 AM
True, his recent delving into poorly executed adolescent fodder is disturbing  ???

;D :laugh: ;D

Sarge

:P

mn dave

House Stark

(Game of Thrones reference)

mn dave

EigenUser

Beethoven's Op. 133 -- A fugue so bad that even Beethoven himself called it "Grosse".

Brian

EigenUser

Quote from: Brian on May 01, 2014, 12:59:59 PM
I still see Ravel...
Ravel loved American jazz! Hence the G major piano concerto and the 2nd movement 'blues' of the (2nd) violin sonata. He was close friends with Gershwin, too. During Ravel's 1927-1928 USA tour the two of them went to several jazz clubs in NYC. I wish I was there...
Beethoven's Op. 133 -- A fugue so bad that even Beethoven himself called it "Grosse".

TheGSMoeller

Another Kinski. This time from Nosferatu.

Mirror Image

I believe MN Dave is now 'The King of the Avatar Change.' He changes more than me and boy is that a lot! ;D

mn dave

Quote from: Mirror Image on May 01, 2014, 05:34:17 PM
I believe MN Dave is now 'The King of the Avatar Change.' He changes more than me and boy is that a lot! ;D