Identify Your Avatar

Started by George, April 14, 2007, 01:48:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ComposerOfAvantGarde

yeah I have changed my mind about that

aligreto

Quote from: TheGSMoeller on August 04, 2016, 02:56:55 PM
Have you two seen Decalouge? Or any of Kieslowski's earlier films?

No, only "Love" and "Killing". I should really get the rest of them.

Karl Henning

Panels by Maria Bablyak for the latest Triad concert.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

NikF

A return of my old avatar featuring me smiling while at work. It was taken by the little hipster chick who used to hang around the studio.
"You overestimate my power of attraction," he told her. "No, I don't," she replied sharply, "and neither do you".

ludwigii

The young Alfred Schnittke with his father   

8)
"I have forced myself to contradict myself in order to avoid conforming to my own taste."
Marcel Duchamp

Mirror Image

ludwigii

"I have forced myself to contradict myself in order to avoid conforming to my own taste."
Marcel Duchamp

ComposerOfAvantGarde

Since I am now completely over Anohana I have changed my avatar to a pic of Okabe and Kurisu from my favourite anime
yay

bhodges

Quote from: ludwigii on August 07, 2016, 04:30:25 PM
The young Alfred Schnittke with his father   

8)

What a marvelous photo!

--Bruce

ludwigii

Marcel Duchamp

ritter

Goodbye, Mafalda, hello to the cover of one of the early stages of the last chapter of one of greatest "works in progress" ever...

kishnevi

Raoul Dufy
The Red Violin

Jaakko Keskinen

It has been for some time now but my avatar would be the charming rival of Indiana Jones, Rene Belloq.
"Javert, though frightful, had nothing ignoble about him. Probity, sincerity, candor, conviction, the sense of duty, are things which may become hideous when wrongly directed; but which, even when hideous, remain grand."

- Victor Hugo

Ken B

Snidely retired and is replaced. Shouldn't be hard to guess. Hint: not a composer.

kishnevi

Quote from: Ken B on September 02, 2016, 09:00:44 AM
Snidely retired and is replaced. Shouldn't be hard to guess. Hint: not a composer.

Simple enough.  The father of man who ran as Van Buren's VP nominee in 1848, and who later was ambassador to the UK during the United States Civil War.

Ken B

Quote from: Jeffrey Smith on September 02, 2016, 09:47:01 AM
Simple enough.  The father of man who ran as Van Buren's VP nominee in 1848, and who later was ambassador to the UK during the United States Civil War.
Indeed! (I had to fact check that! I'd forgotten even the MvB ran as a Free-Soiler in 48, though I did know it.)

kishnevi

Quote from: Ken B on September 02, 2016, 11:22:30 AM
Indeed! (I had to fact check that! I'd forgotten even the MvB ran as a Free-Soiler in 48, though I did know it.)

Probably the only family in which three successive generations represented the US at the Court of St James.  Even the Bushes can't say that.

Ken B

Harder this time. Can I stump Jeffrey?

Hint: not an American president.  8)

Bogey

Quote from: Ken B on September 04, 2016, 02:46:43 PM
Harder this time. Can I stump Jeffrey?

Hint: not an American president.  8)

Not a President or Vice President of the U.S.  Someone outside the United States?
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz