Author Topic: Piano Concerto No.2 - 3rd movement  (Read 445 times)

Offline MarkMcD

Piano Concerto No.2 - 3rd movement
« on: September 08, 2020, 06:24:49 AM »
Hi all,

I've not posted anything for over a year, been busy with other things, but I have also been working on my second piano concerto.  I have the bones of the 1st and 2nd movements, but there is still a lot of work to do on those.  I do however, have the 3rd movement finished (barring a few minor edits that might arise over the next few weeks), and so I thought I would like to share this with you all.  Thanks for listening.

It's a bit more modern than my first piano concerto, I wouldn´t say contemporary exactly, and like all of my work, it is a tonal, classical piece.

I hope you like it and as always, any and all comments are welcome and replied to.  If anyone would like to see the score, it's mess lol but available if you want.

Kind regards
Mark

https://soundcloud.com/user-729021187/piano-concerto-no2-3rd-movt

Offline Rons_talking

Re: Piano Concerto No.2 - 3rd movement
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2020, 01:00:55 PM »
I love piano concerti and this is a good movement. I'd like it a bit more modern (say, a touch of Prokofiev) in harmony and gesture, but it's up to you and this sounds very convincing.

Offline MarkMcD

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2020, 01:22:43 AM »
Hey Ron,
Thank you so much, I really appreciate it.  I do feel there is some variety lacking in the piano developments and the cadenza could be longer, take in more of the developments.  Also I want to change the recapitulation a little, but I got it to a stage where I think the bones are good, and I never stop tinkering with these things, so by the time the 1st and 2nd movements are ready, it may well have changed a bit.  Thank you again for your encouragement, it means a lot.

Kind regards
Mark

Offline Scion7

• Veteran member
  • "A vér az élet."
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2020, 01:33:02 AM »
How did you create this? 
Is that you playing the piano?
Is this all MIDI?
The Germans, who make doctrines out of everything, deal with music learnedly; the Italians, being voluptuous, seek in it lively, though fleeting, sensations; the French, more vain than perceptive, manage to speak of it wittily; and the English pay for it . . . - Stendhal

Offline MarkMcD

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2020, 02:16:55 AM »
Hi Scion,

I use Sibelius with Noteperformer.  I have a yamaha CVP 501 and I play passages into Sib from the piano, then edit later on my laptop.  Then when I need to, I go back to the piano and edit that way too.  Sadly it's not a live performance, but not quite all midi either.  I'm not a bad pianist, but not good enough to play the whole thing live.

Did you like it?