Pictures I like

Started by oyasumi, April 14, 2007, 07:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kishnevi

My source says this is a welcome banner for those arriving at Heksinki Airport

Andante

Andante always true to his word has kicked the Marijuana soaked bot with its addled brain in to touch.

Ghost Sonata

Quote from: NikF on November 14, 2016, 12:02:32 PM
I don't know if I'd call it a collection, but I've a number of old postcards and stuff I picked up over the years. My ex took almost half of it when we split up, although it was mostly things she'd collected in the first place. Anyway, this is one of the cards that is on my home office wall above the (non casting) couch. It's as cheesy as hell, but I like it.

Nearly anyone looking at that card, originally, could not have done so w/o thinking of Reveries of a Bachelor a book by Donald Grant Mitchell, published in 1850 under the pseudonym Ik Marvel. It was extraordinarily popular and went through innumerable editions throughout the second half of the 19th century and into the early decades of the 20th. Now all-but-forgotten. 
I like Conor71's "I  like old Music" signature.

SonicMan46

The cartoon below appeared on my FB page this morning - thought many of us here would enjoy -  :laugh:  Dave

George

"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

Ken B

Aaron Copland with his machine gun.

Karl Henning

"Ché" Copland

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Ken B

Who ya callin' atonal?

Todd

The universe is change; life is opinion. - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

People would rather believe than know - E.O. Wilson

Propaganda death ensemble - Tom Araya

NikF

Quote from: Ghost Sonata on December 07, 2016, 06:20:58 PM
Nearly anyone looking at that card, originally, could not have done so w/o thinking of Reveries of a Bachelor a book by Donald Grant Mitchell, published in 1850 under the pseudonym Ik Marvel. It was extraordinarily popular and went through innumerable editions throughout the second half of the 19th century and into the early decades of the 20th. Now all-but-forgotten.

Ah, I thought I'd replied to this...

I didn't know about that Donald Grant Mitchell book, but It sounds interesting. And I've since spoken to my book guy (;D) who told me he gets a copy in stock every once in a while. So I'll probably get a hold of one from him at some point.
My (belated) thanks for the info. :)
"You overestimate my power of attraction," he told her. "No, I don't," she replied sharply, "and neither do you".

Todd

The universe is change; life is opinion. - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

People would rather believe than know - E.O. Wilson

Propaganda death ensemble - Tom Araya

George

"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

greg

Real life attempting to imitate the dream...

Mirror Image

I love this illustration of my favorite Japanese composer, Takemitsu:

greg

Quote from: Mirror Image on January 08, 2017, 07:22:45 PM
I this illustration of my favorite Japanese composer, Takemitsu:
Cool!

Andante

OK not a picture but ..........

Andante always true to his word has kicked the Marijuana soaked bot with its addled brain in to touch.

ComposerOfAvantGarde

GREG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*blood nose*

that moe

greg

Quote from: jessop on January 09, 2017, 09:24:31 PM
GREG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*blood nose*

that moe
Yay! Finally someone on this forum can appreciate the moe. I have a feeling we'll be best friends.  ;)

I'm going to try to start contacting that girl cosplaying as Yui (3rd pic). Not sure what age she is, but those pictures are 4 years old, so I should be good.

She's Ukrainian. So yeah, like a .1% chance that I'll see her in real life, but oh well. In the Dating thread, I probably sound incredibly picky, but this is all I want- a girl that adorable that obviously likes the same stuff I do.

I saw some more from her. Honestly, this might be the most beautiful picture I've ever seen. THIS is what you call love at first sight.

greg

Though, of course, she hasn't logged in to DeviantArt in nearly 4 years and I can't find her anywhere else online. So I can't even tell her how I appreciate that she does the best cosplay of my favorite anime character.  :-X