Pictures I like

Started by oyasumi, April 14, 2007, 07:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kontrapunctus

My nephew and his family checked into a nice hotel in Florida yesterday and found these. I suppose one could lead to the other...

Brian

Quote from: Todd on June 15, 2017, 08:10:42 AM

A 262" 4K TV.  I want.  I think I have a spare $600K in one of my Cayman accounts.
No better way to watch grainy YouTube videos!

George

Quote from: Brian on June 15, 2017, 11:28:09 AM
No better way to watch grainy YouTube videos!

...of douches who own their own learjet.
"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

NikF

Quote from: George on June 15, 2017, 12:28:37 PM
...of douches who own their own learjet.

Someone uploaded a video of their learjet to YouTube?

e: ah, this 'Casey' person?  ???  :laugh:
"You overestimate my power of attraction," he told her. "No, I don't," she replied sharply, "and neither do you".

Todd

The universe is change; life is opinion. - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

People would rather believe than know - E.O. Wilson

Propaganda death ensemble - Tom Araya

NikF

When my ex and I split up we divided a lot of stuff between us and did so amicably. Over the years we had both collected old postcards (hers featuring fashion or cats, mine being interesting poses/visual compositions) and my favourite card of all was this one, found at an antique fair in York that she and I had visited not long after we met. I've only now noticed that she took it with her. It's just a card, but if there was one thing I wish she hadn't taken... ;D
"You overestimate my power of attraction," he told her. "No, I don't," she replied sharply, "and neither do you".

George

Quote from: NikF on June 22, 2017, 06:11:20 AM

When my ex and I split up we divided a lot of stuff between us and did so amicably. Over the years we had both collected old postcards (hers featuring fashion or cats, mine being interesting poses/visual compositions) and my favourite card of all was this one, found at an antique fair in York that she and I had visited not long after we met. I've only now noticed that she took it with her. It's just a card, but if there was one thing I wish she hadn't taken... ;D

Are you still in touch, maybe she'll mail it to you someday?

Parsifal

Quote from: George on June 22, 2017, 07:28:06 AM

Joint custody? Weekend visits?

NikF

Quote from: George on June 22, 2017, 07:28:06 AM

No. I don't believe so.

I think I was just surprised that she wanted to take it.

Quote from: Scarpia on June 22, 2017, 07:53:30 AM
Joint custody? Weekend visits?

More sinister: *receives envelope containing a torn off corner of card along with a note "100000 in unmarked bills in a brown bag behind the bus shelter - or I tear off two corners, but this time, s-l-o-w-l-y"*

Parsifal

Quote from: NikF on June 22, 2017, 08:13:24 AMMore sinister: *receives envelope containing a torn off corner of card along with a note "100000 in unmarked bills in a brown bag behind the bus shelter - or I tear off two corners, but this time, s-l-o-w-l-y"*

I thought you said it was amicable.  :)

NikF

Quote from: Scarpia on June 22, 2017, 08:36:10 AM

It was, yes. But now, away from my influence she might have fallen in with a crew of rogues, vagabonds and generic ne'er-do-wells.

George

Quote from: Scarpia on June 22, 2017, 08:36:10 AM

Maybe an auto-correct error with despicable?

Parsifal

Quote from: NikF on June 22, 2017, 08:52:25 AM
It was, yes. But now, away from my influence she might have fallen in with a crew of rogues, vagabonds and generic ne'er-do-wells.

Sounds like a heist is in order. :)

NikF

Quote from: Scarpia on June 22, 2017, 09:02:05 AM
Sounds like a heist is in order. :)

Sounds like a cool idea.  8) And I'm all for it.
Maybe one weekend if the forum is quiet and no one has tickets for a concert or is performing themselves?

Parsifal

Quote from: NikF on June 22, 2017, 09:14:50 AM
Sounds like a cool idea.  8) And I'm all for it.
Maybe one weekend if the forum is quiet and no one has tickets for a concert or is performing themselves?

Let's hope it turns out more "Ocean's 11" rather than "Reservoir Dogs."   8)

NikF

Quote from: Scarpia on June 22, 2017, 09:26:05 AM
Let's hope it turns out more "Ocean's 11" rather than "Reservoir Dogs."   8)
??? Yeah.

Then again, we're talking about a team culled from members of this forum, which means the biggest problem to worry about is probably everyone being able to agree on which music to listen to in the unmarked panel van on the way there. ;D

Ken B

Quote from: NikF on June 22, 2017, 08:52:25 AM

A step up then?  ;)

NikF

Quote from: Ken B on June 22, 2017, 10:56:41 AM
A step up then?  ;)

??? Huh. Thanks for nothing, Ken.  >:(

;D

I haven't even had a parking or speeding fine in my whole life. I'm a veritable angel.  0:)

Ken B

Quote from: NikF on June 22, 2017, 11:52:24 AM
??? Huh. Thanks for nothing, Ken.  >:(

;D

I haven't even had a parking or speeding fine in my whole life. I'm a veritable angel.  0:)

A wise man picks sins they don't arrest you for.  ;)

George

Quote from: Ken B on June 22, 2017, 10:56:41 AM
A step up then?  ;)

This post, in combination with the avatar . . . is perfect!