Started by oyasumi, April 14, 2007, 07:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

North Star

"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

TheGSMoeller

;) Clever... and good looking cake.

Lisztianwagner

"You cannot expect the Form before the Idea, for they will come into being together." - Arnold Schönberg

TheGSMoeller

George

Well, worth only a penny for best butt and a penny for best looking. Must not have been an LA establishment.
"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

prémont

Quote from: Opus106 on August 12, 2012, 11:29:40 PM
:o Is that a whole row of timpani in between the orchestra and chorus?

Yes, and the venue is the so called "whispering gallery".
Any so-called free choice is only a choice between the available options.

George

"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

TheGSMoeller

Quote from: Scots John on September 13, 2012, 07:00:07 AM
48 Dollars??  Thats less than £40 for that unit.  Is that an exceedingly cheap shop, or is that what you'd expect to pay?  Something like that over here would cost well over £80!  That's it.  I am moving to my favourite part of America, New England, up that way, to take advantage of such lucratively cheap offers!

It's from Petco which is a chain retailer. This is my first time shopping for tanks so I have no idea if it's good or not.
I just love the $1 savings they are advertising.

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: Scots John on September 13, 2012, 07:00:07 AM
48 Dollars??  Thats less than £40 for that unit.  Is that an exceedingly cheap shop, or is that what you'd expect to pay?  Something like that over here would cost well over £80!  That's it.  I am moving to my favourite part of America, New England, up that way, to take advantage of such lucratively cheap offers!

Really? £80 for a 22 l aquarium setup? I'm moving to my favourite part of Britain where I can take advantage of such ludicrously expensive offers!   :o

8)
Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

mahler10th

Quote from: Gurn Blanston on September 13, 2012, 07:22:05 AM
Really? £80 for a 22 l aquarium setup? I'm moving to my favourite part of Britain where I can take advantage of such ludicrously expensive offers!   :o

8)

I paid £69.99 for a "starter kit" of similar dimensions in 1995...perhaps I was duped.   :-[  Village petshop in wee Yorkshire town, so it was.

Mirror Image

Another cool Miles Davis picture that I like:

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: Scots John on September 13, 2012, 07:30:03 AM
I paid £69.99 for a "starter kit" of similar dimensions in 1995...perhaps I was duped.   :-[  Village petshop in wee Yorkshire town, so it was.

Probably not duped. Small shops can't afford to give things away like large chains do. I used to work in that business, we gave tanks and such cheap and made our $$$ on fish and accessory items.

Value (IMO) is directly proportional to the amount of pleasure one gains from watching the animals at play. I personally spent many thousands, no regrets whatsoever.  :)

8)
Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

Mirror Image

Another cool Miles Davis picture:

ibanezmonster

North Star

Cool! Thanks for these, especially the first one, Nav.
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

Opus106

Quote from: North Star on September 16, 2012, 03:27:25 AM
Cool! Thanks for these, especially the first one, Nav.

You're welcome. I knew you'd like it. :)
Regards,
Navneeth

pbarach

I saw miles Davis play near the end of his career. He wore a red outfit and paced back and forth, occasionally playing a few notes.

Opus106

Regards,
Navneeth

Opus106

Regards,
Navneeth

Florestan

There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy