Pictures I like

Started by oyasumi, April 14, 2007, 07:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

North Star

Quote from: NikF on April 28, 2016, 12:58:33 PM
That's a good photo and it's definitely by Leiter, but if the model credit is Jean Shrimpton then it's wrong. That looks like it's from the mid40s (to mid50s? - I don't know) and Shrimpton would only have been born in the early 40s.

e: Born: November 6, 1942 (age 73)
Ah. That's my mistake. It was just labeled 'Jean' and I remembered Shrimpton's name from some later Leiter works.

Jean with a cup, Leiter, 1948.

"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

George

"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

Dancing Divertimentian

Veit Bach-a baker who found his greatest pleasure in a little cittern which he took with him even into the mill and played while the grinding was going on. In this way he had a chance to have the rhythm drilled into him. And this was the beginning of a musical inclination in his descendants. JS Bach

kishnevi

George

Dancing Divertimentian

Veit Bach-a baker who found his greatest pleasure in a little cittern which he took with him even into the mill and played while the grinding was going on. In this way he had a chance to have the rhythm drilled into him. And this was the beginning of a musical inclination in his descendants. JS Bach

28Orot

Painted from scratch using photoshop and Pixelmator

Titled 'Warm Winter's Day'

Took me a few hours to do this...

Todd

I waited for a while to get this shot.  This nasty bitch holed up under my house with her litter of kits and caused four grand in damage in the process.  She and her babies are in the great crawlspace in the sky now. 
The universe is change; life is opinion. - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

People would rather believe than know - E.O. Wilson

Propaganda death ensemble - Tom Araya

28Orot

Members of the Legendary Israeli Navy Seals -Flotilla 13

Ken B

André

Bogey

There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

kishnevi

kishnevi

George

George

Dancing Divertimentian

Quote from: George on June 23, 2016, 09:59:25 AM

One flaw: they should never make the front door swing in! ;D

George

NikF

Kumiko Goto by Jeanloup Sieff.
"You overestimate my power of attraction," he told her. "No, I don't," she replied sharply, "and neither do you".

George