To boldly go ... (Star Trek)

Started by Karl Henning, February 28, 2023, 02:26:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

relm1

Quote from: LKB on March 18, 2024, 07:38:08 PMI just read the interview. It was fun to read, just wish it were longer.  :-\

I didn't realize Shatner and Christopher Plummer went so far back.  They got to work out their differences one last time in Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country.

Atriod

Quote from: Atriod on November 28, 2023, 04:22:24 PMI am reminded of why I had a hard time making it through SG-1 the first time I tried watching it over 10 years ago- it's the number of single contained episodes that don't relate to the over arching storyline. It's harsh to call them filler as they're generally well done but most of the time they just don't hold my interest. The over arching storyline is superb.

Growing up in the "golden age" of TV, these type of shows primarily focus on the main storyline with virtually no self contained episodes is one thing that makes SG-1 feel quite dated to me.

I am slowly starting to like SG-1 more and more. I am up to season four now and it moves a little from the self contained episodes to having more that relate to the arching storyline. And some more evidence that SG-1 leans more towards hard scifi ala Trek was a superb portrayal of a blood pathogen in one episode and an immune system related pathology in another.