Need Help Identifying A Classical Music Piece In A Korean Drama

Started by Ukegirl, July 03, 2023, 04:06:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ukegirl

Hi, I am new here, and was hoping that someone who is a classical music expert could help me identify this classical (or maybe from the Impressionist era) musical piece that was featured in an older classic Korean drama I watched recently. The OST "composer" listed I know did NOT write this music, probably just arranged it. It's driving me crazy, :) I know I have heard it before but can't ID it. I was thinking perhaps Faure or Ravel? Someone said to me, "Maybe Chopin?" but I don't think he wrote it. If anyone could ID it I would be so grateful; I really love it. :) Thank you!

Madiel

It's perfectly possible it just sounds like something you've heard before. To be honest it's rather too simple to be one of those major composers.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: Ukegirl on July 03, 2023, 04:06:42 PMHi, I am new here, and was hoping that someone who is a classical music expert could help me identify this classical (or maybe from the Impressionist era) musical piece that was featured in an older classic Korean drama I watched recently. The OST "composer" listed I know did NOT write this music, probably just arranged it. It's driving me crazy, :) I know I have heard it before but can't ID it. I was thinking perhaps Faure or Ravel? Someone said to me, "Maybe Chopin?" but I don't think he wrote it. If anyone could ID it I would be so grateful; I really love it. :) Thank you!

I tried poking around for a while, but no luck.  I did find the Korean website for the t.v. show, but I can't read Korean.  IMDB doesn't list any music/composers there.  I was going to suggest logging into youtube and asking the poster; however, the comments are closed there.  Also, I tried googling composer named Praha and, as I feared, it only brought up various links to Czech composers or things about Prague.

As Madiel said, it's a simple waltz--but it's sweet and I can see how it caught your attention.

By the way, does the wife ever awaken from her coma?

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

DavidW

I think Park Ki Young wrote the music for Autumn Shower (the show in question) which should include that waltz.