Back again

Started by Henk, July 16, 2023, 12:00:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henk

Hello,

I've been an active member in the past and returning now since a year of 8.

Some background and motivation: I stopped with using Twitter and Instagram. It's a very sobering feeling I have to admit, now I've finally gained some thorough understanding of it and it's addictive features. I also find it hard to understand why political institutions use Twitter as their main communicating channel. It seems to me a fake world, it can feel warm because people are close to power (and money), but I find it madness. In my opinion the internet must become a public infrastructure again, so it's good to return to this forum.

I grew more sober overall. I decided to take part again because of lacking social connection otherwise, so just for this very basic human need.

I listen much to music, read much, garden and make art.
'It's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.' (Krishnamurti)

DavidW

Welcome back Henk!

Henk

'It's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.' (Krishnamurti)

prémont

Welcome back from me too, Henk  :)
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Henk

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Henk

Thanks, Karl. It feels like (digital) home.  :)

Wanderer

Henk

Szykneij

Quote from: Henk on July 16, 2023, 12:00:54 PMI listen much to music, read much, garden and make art.

That's the way to do it!

Welcome back.
Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it.  ~ Henry David Thoreau

Don't pray when it rains if you don't pray when the sun shines. ~ Satchel Paige

Henk

Thanks. Yeah, plus some community life I also have (with GMG for feeling connected worlwide and locally), I feel quite complete and satisfied this way.  :)

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: Henk on July 16, 2023, 02:57:53 PMThanks, Karl. It feels like (digital) home.  :)
Warm wishes to you Henk.

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Henk

Holden

It's great to have you back Henk. I've always valued your opinions and have made a number of new discoveries in the past thanks to you mentioning them.
Cheers

Holden

Henk

Great to hear that. Thanks for the message.

Papy Oli

Welcome back Henk!  :)
Olivier

Henk

Que

"Driemaal is scheepsrecht", Henk!  8)

Henk

Dat heb je beter bijgehouden dan ik.  ;)

Henk

The forum has been greatly improved I've noticed. I remember that at the time I left there was discussion of adding a like button. But that's not the only thing implemented. So it has paid off to have left and returned.  :)