Do you know the name of this documentary about music?

Started by molinarimusician, October 03, 2023, 07:11:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

molinarimusician

I need to find a BBC documentary about classical music (or opera) that I have seen long time ago. I don't remember the name. I just remember a scene where the male host play and sing at the piano while reading a score, and then he tells that a conductor that doesn't know how to do that is not capable of interpreting anything. I have seen this documentary on Arte1 channel or People+arts. The scenario had a kind of a garden, with lots os leaves and trees.

Do you know which documentary is this?

Papy Oli

Quote from: molinarimusician on October 03, 2023, 07:11:42 PMI need to find a BBC documentary about classical music (or opera) that I have seen long time ago. I don't remember the name. I just remember a scene where the male host play and sing at the piano while reading a score, and then he tells that a conductor that doesn't know how to do that is not capable of interpreting anything. I have seen this documentary on Arte1 channel or People+arts. The scenario had a kind of a garden, with lots os leaves and trees.

Do you know which documentary is this?

Hi and welcome.

Maybe one of Antonio Pappano's documentaries for the BBC ("Take me to the Opera", "Opera Italia", "Classical Vooices", etc...)

or

Howard Goodall's "The Story of Music" (https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01qgcqb/episodes/guide)
Olivier

srataeva

You might consider reaching out to the broadcasting channels you mentioned, such as Arte1 or People+Arts, and providing them with the description you provided here.