Overture Simfoni Tanah Papua -

Started by Roy Bland, March 14, 2024, 07:29:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roy Bland

ritter

pjme

https://www.youtube.com/@ErwinGutawaProductions

I think he's Indonesian.  :)

Erwin Gutawa Sumapraja (born 16 May 1962) is an Indonesian composer. In 1985, he started his professional music career by joining the jazz band Karimata, later becoming an independent composer in 1991. As a composer, he won the 1992 Midnight Sun Song Festival in Finland together with Ruth Sahanaya. In 2001 he won the Anugerah Musik Indonesia award for best music arranger for his concert Rockestra.

ritter

Quote from: pjme on March 16, 2024, 08:33:25 AMI think he's Indonesian.  :)
Thanks, Peter! That I got...

Isn't it ironic that Debussy and other composers enriched Western music with gamelan brought from Indonesia at the beginning of the 1900s, and one century later this gentleman takes only what is kitsch and in bad taste back there?  ::)

pjme

Well, apparently one of those "insterstellar musical worlds"  :o ::)  way beyond my zone of comforrt and  comprehension. (Even if I do like a good dose of funny kitsch).
Still, I applaud all efforts, from Egypt, to Morocco, Indonesia, India and Congo to help musicians make ...music. Orchestras and choruses are supported, music halls are opened and huge masses seem enjoy the extravagant spectacles.

I find the fake 18th century music of miss Deutscher and co more frightening...

Peter