Hello Everyone

Started by swarajoshi, March 26, 2024, 05:10:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

swarajoshi

I am an Indian Classical Music teacher who also specializes in teaching classical dance and choreography. My passion lies in imparting the intricacies of both music and dance to my students, helping them understand the depth and beauty of these art forms. Through my teaching, I aim to instill a deep appreciation for the rich cultural heritage of Indian classical arts while nurturing creativity and expression in my students.

Karl Henning

Quote from: swarajoshi on March 26, 2024, 05:10:59 AMI am an Indian Classical Music teacher who also specializes in teaching classical dance and choreography. My passion lies in imparting the intricacies of both music and dance to my students, helping them understand the depth and beauty of these art forms. Through my teaching, I aim to instill a deep appreciation for the rich cultural heritage of Indian classical arts while nurturing creativity and expression in my students.
Warm welcome!
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

DavidW

Welcome @swarajoshi !  I have a student that listens to and performs Indian classical.  I would like to know more but have never tried.  I think there are some people here familiar with that music. 

steve ridgway

brewski

Welcome, @swarajoshi, and hope you have a good time here. In the last few years, I have found Indian music fascinating. Coincidentally, on Sunday I heard a piece for string quartet by the Indian-American composer Reena Esmail (b. 1983), whose work I greatly admire.

-Bruce
"I set down a beautiful chord on paper—and suddenly it rusts."
—Alfred Schnittke (1934-1998)

Ian

Hello and welcome!
I love the vichitri veena. I have a number of recordings by Gopal Krishan and Gopal Shankar Mishra. His Out of Stillness recording is beautiful! Although I'm not sure if that's considered to be Indian Classical Music.

vandermolen

"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).