What concerts are you looking forward to? (Part II)

Started by Siedler, April 20, 2007, 05:34:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SimonNZ

^Excellent job. Well done all. I'm really glad I was online to catch that. Thanks, Jessop!

And to think that was a free concert...!

ComposerOfAvantGarde

Quote from: SimonNZ on September 17, 2016, 02:39:44 AM
^Excellent job. Well done all. I'm really glad I was online to catch that. Thanks, Jessop!

No worries, Simon! Glad you enjoyed it ;D

bhodges

Wish I had been able to catch that Grisey, but I just saw these messages now, and in any case, it's moot: I wasn't around during the broadcast time, anyway.  :(

This weekend, two concerts at Bargemusic, "the floating concert hall." (Yes, it's actually a barge.)

Tonight:

Don Byron Piano Quartet (*Premiere)
Messiaen Quartet for the End of Time
Cornelius Dufallo, violin
Wendy Sutter, cello
Don Byron, clarinet
Blair McMillen, piano

Sunday:

All-Shostakovich
Piano Trio No. 1 in C minor, Op. 8
Sonata for Violin and Piano in G Major, Op. 134
Piano Trio No. 2 in E minor, Op. 67
Ilya Gringolds, violin
Dmitri Kouzov, cello
Gilles Vonsattel, piano

--Bruce

king ubu

Es wollt ein meydlein grasen gan:
Fick mich, lieber Peter!
Und do die roten röslein stan:
Fick mich, lieber Peter!
Fick mich mehr, du hast dein ehr.
Kannstu nit, ich wills dich lern.
Fick mich, lieber Peter!

http://ubus-notizen.blogspot.ch/

king ubu

Es wollt ein meydlein grasen gan:
Fick mich, lieber Peter!
Und do die roten röslein stan:
Fick mich, lieber Peter!
Fick mich mehr, du hast dein ehr.
Kannstu nit, ich wills dich lern.
Fick mich, lieber Peter!

http://ubus-notizen.blogspot.ch/

The new erato

Not classical but still pretty classic; King Crimson in Oslo on Monday With Mel Collins, Tony Levin,, Robert Fripp and some fresh faces in the lineup (not that fresh actualy, I see that some of them have been with band since the 90-ies).

The setlist covered the first 7 albums, including (not complete by any means): Red, Starless, 21st Century, Pictures of a City, Circus, Larks Tongues (Part II),  Easy Money, Epitaph, In The Court and The Letters.

Drasko

Tomorrow night:

Andreas Scholl / Edin Karamazov (lute)

Handel, Bach, Dowland, English folk songs

Florestan

Quote from: Draško on September 28, 2016, 05:12:50 AM
Tomorrow night:

That´s a very fine line up and programme.
There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

Florestan

Quote from: The new erato on September 28, 2016, 02:46:24 AM
Not classical but still pretty classic; King Crimson in Oslo on Monday With Mel Collins, Tony Levin,, Robert Fripp and some fresh faces in the lineup (not that fresh actualy, I see that some of them have been with band since the 90-ies).

The setlist covered the first 7 albums, including (not complete by any means): Red, Starless, 21st Century, Pictures of a City, Circus, Larks Tongues (Part II),  Easy Money, Epitaph, In The Court and The Letters.

I had no idea King Crimson are still in business.  :)
There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

NikF

I've been thinking about it and decided I'm going to attend as many concerts as possible. Or more exactly, if there's a work or composer I want to hear - especially if it's one that's new to me - I'm just going to buy a ticket. What have I got to lose? Also, I'm on my own most of the time now and so that means I can be more flexible in my choices. As an example, this one is part of the afternoon series of concerts.

Tippett - Ritual Dances from The Midsummer Marriage
Britten - Violin Concerto
Antonin Dvorak - Symphony No. 6 in D major, Op 60

BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra 
Daniel Hope  violin
Thomas Dausgaard  conductor
"You overestimate my power of attraction," he told her. "No, I don't," she replied sharply, "and neither do you".

NorthNYMark

Today I got to hear the Alexander string quartet play Webern, Bartok  Shostakovich, and a newly commissioned work--in my art history classroom! It was incredible. Sitting just a few feet away as they played Shostakovich's 13th Quartet gave me chills. Tomorrow night they do their full public concert, which will include Haydn, Beethoven (the 2nd Razumovsky Quartet), and a repeat performance of Shosty's 13th. Can't wait!

Crudblud

A friend and I have plans to see the Ligeti Quartet at Sheffield University's Firth Hall on the 15th of November, they'll be playing a selection of Ligeti, Bartók, Webern, and Kurtág.

NorthNYMark

Quote from: Crudblud on September 30, 2016, 06:12:36 PM
A friend and I have plans to see the Ligeti Quartet at Sheffield University's Firth Hall on the 15th of November, they'll be playing a selection of Ligeti, Bartók, Webern, and Kurtág.

That sounds incredible!!!

Mirror Image

Quote from: Crudblud on September 30, 2016, 06:12:36 PM

Awesome! Wish I could go. Enjoy!

HIPster

Quote from: The new erato on September 28, 2016, 02:46:24 AM

Awesome, erato:)

Have you picked up this recording?
[asin]B01CIXVWU8[/asin]

Captures this current iteration very well (especially the three drummers).
Wise words from Que:

Never waste a good reason for a purchase....  ;)

ComposerOfAvantGarde

Quote from: Draško on September 28, 2016, 05:12:50 AM
Tomorrow night:

Amazing lutenist! Wish I could see this!

Crudblud

Quote from: NorthNYMark on September 30, 2016, 07:59:08 PM
That sounds incredible!!!

Quote from: Mirror Image on September 30, 2016, 08:09:50 PM
Awesome! Wish I could go. Enjoy!

I'm looking forward to it. Do you think there would be much interest in me writing a review for the forum?

SimonNZ

NorthNYMark