The Super-Duper Cheap Bargains Thread

Started by Mark, November 13, 2007, 02:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnthonyAthletic

Super Thanks again Harry.

Andre I ordered the Rosenthal albums too! Spent £60 inc delivery for 28 items.

SACD bargains of the year 🤑

"Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying"      (Arthur C. Clarke)

kishnevi

The Prazak Quartet LvB for €19.99! That's about 1/3 the Amazon MP price.

That all by itself is a steal. That, two Furtwangler CDs and two Richter CDs, minus VAT plus shipping came out to about $37.00.
Thank you, Harry.

Brian

Quote from: Harry's corner on July 07, 2017, 10:16:50 PM
SUPERBARGAIN

THE LABEL PRAGA, STARTING FROM 0,99 EURO CENTS ONWARDS, 125 TITLES.
JPC DE .
BE QUICK ABOUT IT!.

https://www.jpc.de/s/Praga+Digital+radikal+reduziert?searchtype=campaigntext

Thank you, Harry!!!

My attempt to purchase the complete Prazak Quartet Praga discography is not complete - I missed on their Shostakovich and Dvorak 10/13 coupling before they went out of stock - but I did grab these:

(Prazak Quartet)
Mozart Concertos 11-13 in chamber arrangements with pianist Slavka Vernerova Pechocova
Schubert Quartet No. 15
"In Concert" (Haydn Op. 50 No. 6, Martinu No. 3, Feld quintet with saxophone, Beethoven Op. 135)
Mozart Quintet 4 + Bruckner Quintet with Jan Talich
Dvorak 12 "American" with Terzetto and Bagatelles (I have the quartet but thought it was worth $1.85 to get the coupling)
Haydn Op. 76 Nos. 4-6

(others)
Rosenthal conducts Debussy
Rosenthal conducts Albeniz
(thanks André!!)
Spohr Nonet
Hummel Septet
Gideon Klein chamber music for strings (Kocian Qtt)
Martinu Piano Quintets

listener

OUCH!!!   I ordered 13 discs -  and I have just opened the Brilliant 60-disc Tchaikowsky set that arrived three or four years ago.
But that set does not contain the Moscow Cantata so I just went on from there.    The 20-disc box of Dieter Klöcker groups collections will be next
( https://www.jpc.de/jpcng/classic/detail/-/art/musik-aus-schloesser-und-residenzen/hnum/4251364 )
"Keep your hand on the throttle and your eye on the rail as you walk through life's pathway."

André

Quote from: Brian on July 08, 2017, 02:35:39 PM
Thank you, Harry!!!

My attempt to purchase the complete Prazak Quartet Praga discography is not complete - I missed on their Shostakovich and Dvorak 10/13 coupling before they went out of stock - but I did grab these:

(Prazak Quartet)
Mozart Concertos 11-13 in chamber arrangements with pianist Slavka Vernerova Pechocova
Schubert Quartet No. 15
"In Concert" (Haydn Op. 50 No. 6, Martinu No. 3, Feld quintet with saxophone, Beethoven Op. 135)
Dvorak 12 "American" with Terzetto and Bagatelles (I have the quartet but thought it was worth $1.85 to get the coupling)
Haydn Op. 76 Nos. 4-6

(others)
(thanks André!!)
Spohr Nonet
Hummel Septet
Martinu Piano Quintets

You scared me there! I intended to scour for other interesting bargains, but following your comment I ordered pronto!

My most desired item was the Pavel Haas quartets disc. It's in the can!

AnthonyAthletic

Does anyone know if the Praga CDs are in space saving DigiPak case/slips or are they standard Jewel case issues?

Those Diapason bargains were DigiPak/Gatefold slips = very space saving  ;)

"Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying"      (Arthur C. Clarke)

AnthonyAthletic

Beethoven complete quartets, Prazak on UK Amazon.  2 left, same as from JPC, but under £11.

Beethoven

Under the 5 New tab

Jo498

Quote from: AnthonyAthletic on July 09, 2017, 05:02:48 AM
Does anyone know if the Praga CDs are in space saving DigiPak case/slips or are they standard Jewel case issues?

Those Diapason bargains were DigiPak/Gatefold slips = very space saving  ;)
As the offers are from several different Praga series, I'd guess that the singles are partly standard jewel cases and partly digipaks. I have a few standard jewel cases and one Martinu chamber disc that is a normal digipak, i.e. the type that is almost the same thickness as a jewel case, not the slim ones Diapason used.
But I never had a multi-disc box from Praga, so I have no idea how they handle these.
Tout le malheur des hommes vient d'une seule chose, qui est de ne savoir pas demeurer en repos, dans une chambre.
- Blaise Pascal

Brian

All my Praga CDs are jewel cases except the Prazak Beethoven box, which is a nice space saver box.

AnthonyAthletic

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Brian

Quote from: Brian on July 08, 2017, 02:35:39 PM
Thank you, Harry!!!

(Prazak Quartet)
Schubert Quartet No. 15
Haydn Op. 76 Nos. 4-6

(others)
(thanks André!!)
Spohr Nonet
Hummel Septet
Martinu Piano Quintets
Happy update! JPC scrounged up an extra copy of the Dvorak 10/13 Prazak Quartet CD so that is on its way too. Along with a "Sieveking Sound" catalog which is listed on the invoice as a freebie?

kishnevi

Quote from: Brian on July 11, 2017, 06:17:16 AM
Happy update! JPC scrounged up an extra copy of the Dvorak 10/13 Prazak Quartet CD so that is on its way too. Along with a "Sieveking Sound" catalog which is listed on the invoice as a freebie?

The catalog is listed on mine as well.

Summons the Googler, and heir ist's

https://www.sieveking-sound.de

ubertrout

Went all out on the Praga offer, and picked up the Jarvi Beethoven Overtures on RCA in the bargain.  Thanks!

listener

11 of 13 on the way to me from jpc, a Zemlinsky quartet and a Martinů trio cd sold out,
"Keep your hand on the throttle and your eye on the rail as you walk through life's pathway."

Pat B

Quote from: listener on July 11, 2017, 01:10:27 PM
11 of 13 on the way to me from jpc, a Zemlinsky quartet and a Martinů trio cd sold out,

I ordered 7, all Richter. 6 have shipped, including the 3 I particularly wanted. Schumann was cancelled.

Thanks to Harry for the tip.

Abuelo Igor

The CDs in my order that were not available, according to JPC:

Franck,Cesar Streichquartett D-dur
Schostakowitsch,Dimitri Streichquartette Nr.7 & 8
Martinu,Bohuslav Streichquartette Nr.2,4,5
Bartok,Bela Sonaten für Violine & Klavier
Klein,Gideon Streichquartett op.2
Martinu,Bohuslav Klaviertrios Nr.1-3
von Zemlinsky,Alexander Streichquartette Nr.1 & 4
von Dohnanyi,Ernst Klavierquintette Nr.1 & 2
L'enfant, c'est moi.

Jo498

Bad luck, they were still listing a bunch of others at bargain prices last night (e.g. Prazak), some others went back to full price. I got the Klein disc; unfortunately my computer apparently does not like hybrid discs. So far I could only play the one of the half dozen I ordered that was not a hybrid (Pavel Haas).
Tout le malheur des hommes vient d'une seule chose, qui est de ne savoir pas demeurer en repos, dans une chambre.
- Blaise Pascal

Harry

Quote from Manuel, born in Spain, currently working at Fawlty Towers.

" I am from Barcelona, I know nothing.............."

king ubu

Many of the Pragas I wanted were gone too fast ... but I did get a few. Thanks again, Harry!

Last night, stumbled over the box set sale over at amazon.it - some great offers there

examples:
Philip Glass on Sony - 53€ (done ordered)
Living Stereo (Vol. 1) - 47€ (already have)
Living Stereo 2 - 47€ (already have)
Living Stereo 3 - 67€ (skipping)
Bernstein Concerto/Orchestral (Sony) - 61€ (already have)
Stravinsky Complete Edition - 56€ (already have)

they also have all three Ansermet/Decca boxes for less than 50€ each again ... and I ordered the Leontyne Price (46€) to fill a few gaps, and the box set version of Max Richter's "Sleep" ...
Es wollt ein meydlein grasen gan:
Fick mich, lieber Peter!
Und do die roten röslein stan:
Fick mich, lieber Peter!
Fick mich mehr, du hast dein ehr.
Kannstu nit, ich wills dich lern.
Fick mich, lieber Peter!

http://ubus-notizen.blogspot.ch/