The Super-Duper Cheap Bargains Thread

Started by Mark, November 13, 2007, 02:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wanderer

Willoughby earl of Itacarius

Quote from: ~ Que ~ on June 21, 2011, 11:11:59 AM
Here we go again! :o Be warned: their last sale sucked... :P

Q

No sucking dear Que, good deals, but be also warned, never go there the first day, the chance you get in there is minimal.

Antoine Marchand

Quote from: ~ Que ~ on June 21, 2011, 11:11:59 AM
Here we go again! :o Be warned: their last sale sucked... :P

Even Harry just bought two or three hundred CDs...  ;D

Brian

Well, this time the sale has some stuff I do want.
Unfortunately, it still has the same grotesque shipping charges. 18 euros to send 6 things to the UK?

This time only 4 items, not worth the trouble, and like last year they will lower the prices again, so be aware of that. Also I found a lot of CD'S more expensive as last year, a higher price, with the same percentage off.
And as Brian said the shipping charges are grotesque. The first CD'S on any list start cheap, but start to get out of sale focus soon enough. Another silly thing is almost no images from Da Capo, and Hungaroton.
Like last year! I am afraid nothing for me this time.

mgendron

Just want last night and got the B IG Liszt box for 139EUR + 8.28EUR for s/h (Canada). This is a real bargain, after watching this item on a lot of sites. Even JPC as it at 199EUR. So for those Lisztmaniacs.

kishnevi

Quote from: Soapy Molloy on June 22, 2011, 01:41:37 AM
Yes I had a prowl around it last night, and though I did find a few things I would quite like to have, nothing that I couldn't get elsewhere for a similar price and with substantially cheaper shipping.  Like Harry I thought the DaCapo and Hungaroton lists, from which in previous sales I have filled up, particularly disappointing this time.

I also had no access problems even though it was the first few minutes of the sale, which I suppose means others aren't bothering either.

I'll repeat an observation I posted yesterday in some thread or another--that Amazon Marketplace vendor FabulousCD is either the same as Abeille, or uses Abeille to fulfill orders placed through Marketplace.  Two recent purchases I made with FabulousCD were billed to my credit card and shipped by Abeille.   One was physically shipped from Kirchheim Germany, the other is still in transit to me so I don't yet know its actual point of origin.  And another GMGer has reported the same thing applied to purchases they made with FabulousCD.

DavidW

I can confirm that too, and the prices and shipping are both better through amazon mp!  btw Kishnevi is that your real name?

kishnevi

Quote from: DavidW on June 22, 2011, 05:24:12 PM
I can confirm that too, and the prices and shipping are both better through amazon mp!  btw Kishnevi is that your real name?

Yes it is (and noted in the name change thread).  Since I no longer blog, it's silly to keep using the name I blogged under.

minimal music

Amazon.de offers the 30 CD Brilliant box - The Ultimate Piano Concerto Collection - for EUR 21.97
Brendel (Artist), Bolet (Artist), Kissin (Artist), Tacchino (Artist), Freire (Artist), et al. Format: Audio CD

Holden

I was outbid on the Rubinstein CD that I posted earlier in the Purchases Today thread - much to my surprise! However, the winning bidder has done me a huge favour and I have now purchased this, also via ebay,

for $28 including shipping from Borders Australia. I already have the Nocturnes and the Ballades/Scherzos but strangely enough none of the rest and it also replaces my Impromptus CD that I bid on. This is all for less than double the price.

The interesting point for all of you looking for a bargain is that Borders Australia went belly up about a month ago and so I can possibly assume that they are selling things off at a very cheap price via the internet. I have yet to put Borders Australia into Google to see if there are other bargains but thought you might be interested. Maybe I should repost this in the 'super duper cheap bargains' thread
Cheers

Holden

AnthonyAthletic

Here's a great little 4cd set of Handel arias for the female voice.  And its a Super Duper Bargain too at just over a Fiver.  Direct from Harmonia Mundi, those people who brought us the cheap Super Duper sets of Manze (violin) & O'Dette (Lute) a few months ago.

Handel: Arias for... Cuzzoni, Durastanti, Senesino, Montagnana - Philharmonia Baroque Orchestra / Nicholas McGegan [Box set]

[asin]B001CCHPNU[/asin]

Handel Arias 4cd Set

"Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying"      (Arthur C. Clarke)

Quote from: AnthonyAthletic on July 14, 2011, 12:07:04 AM
Here's a great little 4cd set of Handel arias for the female voice.  And its a Super Duper Bargain too at just over a Fiver.  Direct from Harmonia Mundi, those people who brought us the cheap Super Duper sets of Manze (violin) & O'Dette (Lute) a few months ago.

Handel: Arias for... Cuzzoni, Durastanti, Senesino, Montagnana - Philharmonia Baroque Orchestra / Nicholas McGegan [Box set]

[asin]B001CCHPNU[/asin]

Handel Arias 4cd Set

Not anymore alas.

mc ukrneal

Sterling are having a sale at HB Direct. The prices are not that great (at roughly $15 per disc), and the shipping may be prohibative, but these rarely go on sale, so thought I would mention it.
Be kind to your fellow posters!!

AnthonyAthletic

Quote from: Harry on July 14, 2011, 12:30:25 AM
Not anymore alas.

Harry,

Look under the "14 New" Tab.  Its £5.36p from Harmonia Mundi direct.  The £24.99 upwards are for other retailers and Amazon UK is almost £30  :)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B001CCHPNU/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&qid=1310630417&sr=1-7&condition=new

"Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying"      (Arthur C. Clarke)

Quote from: AnthonyAthletic on July 14, 2011, 01:16:20 AM
Harry,

Look under the "14 New" Tab.  Its £5.36p from Harmonia Mundi direct.  The £24.99 upwards are for other retailers and Amazon UK is almost £30  :)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B001CCHPNU/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&qid=1310630417&sr=1-7&condition=new

Ordered, Tony, thank you my friend.

stingo

Quote from: Harry on July 14, 2011, 12:30:25 AM
Not anymore alas.

It's available from the amazon.co.uk marketplace from HM for 14.16 shipped to the states.

scarlattiglenross

My local classical store, Fuga (Finland's primary source for the genre if anyone is planning a visit), currently has a clearance sale on. Many old and potentially OOP recordings on offer:

http://www.fuga.fi/clearance.html

Feast your eyes and unburden your wallets.
http://www.frozenreeds.com/
Now available: Morton Feldman - Crippled Symmetry: at June in Buffalo, performed by The Feldman Soloists (Eberhard Blum, Nils Vigeland, Jan Williams)

kishnevi

Arkivmusic is offering some Harmonia Mundi titles--34 in all--at 50% off or more. 
http://www.arkivmusic.com/listpage/2309&page_size=100-E847
I just ordered 8;  I will probably be going back and ordering at least 2 more, but I wanted to keep the order to under  $100.

I'd order more, if it weren't for the fact that I already have nine of them (all of them excellent IMO).

One note--two of the five CDs contained in the Manze set are the Vivaldi CD and  the Mozart violin concertos CD listed separately.  So if you order the set, don't order those two.