The Super-Duper Cheap Bargains Thread

Started by Mark, November 13, 2007, 02:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coopmv

Quote from: Brian on June 10, 2012, 06:33:30 PM
Supraphon is Czech.

How is the Czech economy doing?  I think Poland and Austria may be the only central/eastern European countries that are still doing okay for now ...

Todd

The universe is change; life is opinion. - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

People would rather believe than know - E.O. Wilson

Propaganda death ensemble - Tom Araya

nico1616

Quote from: Sergeant Rock on June 10, 2012, 12:01:45 PM
Excellent  8)   I do like Neumann, too, but Rowicki is still my main man for the first five. And no one has done the overtures better.

Sarge

You make me very curious  :D
I love Dvorak's symphonies 6 to 9, and I would like to explore the earlier ones...
The first half of life is spent in longing for the second, the second half in regretting the first.

Willoughby earl of Itacarius

Quote from: Orpheus on June 13, 2012, 08:20:13 AM
A gorgeus box for a gorgeus price...  8)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B005BZBY1I/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Orpheus ;)

Wow just ordered it, have some of them, but not all, and its a amazing price. Thanks my friend!

Opus106

Quote from: Harry on June 13, 2012, 08:57:50 AM
Wow just ordered it, have some of them, but not all, and its a amazing price. Thanks my friend!

I have none of them, and as tempting as the offer may be, getting part CDs/sets is not something I want to do. :( Nevertheless, thanks to Orfeo for pointing it out to us. :) You know never know, I might just give in. ;D
Regards,
Navneeth

North Star

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B005BZBY1I/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Orpheus ;)
Thanks, an awesome deal if there ever was one  :o (although my wallet is feeling more than a bit queasy  >:()
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

stingo

Great find! I've been looking at that box for a while now, and finally bit the bullet. Also got one for a friend too!

ammar

Thank you for yet another 'sterling' find, Orpheus  :-*

By way of a humble contribution of my own, this (for 56 euros via Amazon.es) is now as cheap as I've seen it for some time :

http://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B000ZBPQEE/

listener

re: "That" Dvorak set
message in this evening... "We now have delivery date(s) for the order you placed on April 24, 2012 (Order#
002-7970353-6164229):

Dvorak, et al "Dvorak: Symphonic Works"
    Estimated arrival date: June 27, 2012..."      I will update.  Pauline may get off the tracks.
"Keep your hand on the throttle and your eye on the rail as you walk through life's pathway."

jut1972

Quote from: ammar on June 13, 2012, 04:37:07 PM
Thank you for yet another 'sterling' find, Orpheus  :-*

By way of a humble contribution of my own, this (for 56 euros via Amazon.es) is now as cheap as I've seen it for some time :

http://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B000ZBPQEE/

All gone now :(  That didnt last long.
Can recommend the Lumieres box above, paid 30 quid and thought I had a good deal!  Harmonia Mundi also ship promptly and pack well.

AnthonyAthletic

Orpheus ;)

What an amazing deal, many thanks for posting this!!  I have mine on order £16.25p delivered for 30 cds, great value and a wide assortment of works.  The only one I have from this box is CD 26 in its original format, Paul Lewis doing the 'great' Beethoven sonatas, I have the complete Lewis/Beethoven so its great there's only 1 disc here  ;D.  The rest is treasure indeed.  50p a disc....an outstanding heads up!!!!

"Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying"      (Arthur C. Clarke)

Quote from: AnthonyAthletic on June 14, 2012, 02:38:38 AM
What an amazing deal, many thanks for posting this!!  I have mine on order £16.25p delivered for 30 cds, great value and a wide assortment of works.  The only one I have from this box is CD 26 in its original format, Paul Lewis doing the 'great' Beethoven sonatas, I have the complete Lewis/Beethoven so its great there's only 1 disc here  ;D.  The rest is treasure indeed.  50p a disc....an outstanding heads up!!!!

YAY, agreed! ;D

AnthonyAthletic

Quote from: Harry on June 14, 2012, 02:41:11 AM

YAY, agreed! ;D

I notice they have over 30 left, so it may be time later to do as Todd suggested and buy another one and tuck it away.  Might be able to sell it on eBay or private sale to our highstreet private classical companies who buy second hand/new stock from private sellers. (worth a thought).

Harry, what's happening or happened to the Netherlands National Side?  Should have won the World Cup but seem to have gone further backward than England in this years Euro.  Although losing 2 games, I think a 2 - 0 win v Portugal will put Holland through, providing the Germans beat Denmark (which they will), so its very much in your own hands.  I put £20 on Holland to win it for a bit of interest, and £10 on Gomez for the Golden Boot....come on Holland!!!  ;D

"Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying"      (Arthur C. Clarke)

Quote from: AnthonyAthletic on June 14, 2012, 02:50:23 AM

Harry, what's happening or happened to the Netherlands National Side?  Should have won the World Cup but seem to have gone further backward than England in this years Euro.  Although losing 2 games, I think a 2 - 0 win v Portugal will put Holland through, providing the Germans beat Denmark (which they will), so its very much in your own hands.  I put £20 on Holland to win it for a bit of interest, and £10 on Gomez for the Golden Boot....come on Holland!!!  ;D

After the disaster with Denmark, they lost heart. They could not believe they lost this what they thought would be a easy game. There was a lot of pep talk after this when the game with Germany was imminent, but to no avail. Coordination and motivation was gone.  These days the Dutch are easily intimidated by failure, and my thinking on this is, that they will be kicked out of the game, and they deserve that, for their tactical schedule is disastrous.

Karl Henning

Lesson: You shouldn't take any game for granted
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

AnthonyAthletic

I personally think Holland are still in with a good punchers chance.  Portugal don't have any bottle, and are prone to failure.

No doubt the Dutch will come again and rebuild.  Loved those great teams of the past :  Cruijff, Neeskens, Rep, Haan, Krol, Jansen, Rensenbrink, the Van der Kerkhof brothers.  And the late 80's with Koeman, Rijkaard, Gullitt & Van Basten, then the Bergkamp, Overmars & Kluivert era.

Karl Henning

Take encouragement from the Red Sox, Harry!
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Quote from: karlhenning on June 14, 2012, 04:28:27 AM

My sox today are blue Karl, thank you for the asking ;D

springrite

Quote from: karlhenning on June 14, 2012, 04:28:27 AM

Or from the KINGS!

wait... we weren't any good for most of the 43 years.

Better advise to Harry, who was never a football fan -- stick with music, even if the music is Dittersdorf!
Do what I must do, and let what must happen happen.