The Super-Duper Cheap Bargains Thread

Started by Mark, November 13, 2007, 02:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The new erato

I've logged in, and my order is registered as registered. This is a legit site, relax, not all sites send e-mails.

Brian

Quote from: The new erato on January 06, 2013, 02:08:32 PM
I've logged in, and my order is registered as registered. This is a legit site, relax, not all sites send e-mails.
This just worries me more that it tells me "You have not made any purchases." but they've billed me $2.60. Not that $2.60 is anything like the real cost.

The new erato

Maybe we should get Mark to rename the thread "The Super-Duper Expensive Bargains Thread"

Coopmv

Quote from: Opus106 on January 05, 2013, 07:14:19 AM
It's weird in the sense that it's unconventional. The more the products cost, regardless of the number of items, the more you pay. At the check-out page I saw a grand total of 20 Euros and 7 cents.
[/quote

Could this be the insurance cost?

The new erato

Quote from: Brian on January 06, 2013, 02:11:09 PM
This just worries me more that it tells me "You have not made any purchases." but they've billed me $2.60. Not that $2.60 is anything like the real cost.
Maybe it has been sent and they simply say you have no outstanding orders? I don't know about your French; I wuldn't automatically assume they send e-mails. My order is regsitered, I didn't get any email on ordering.

Opus106

Quote from: Coopmv on January 06, 2013, 02:19:09 PM
Could this be the insurance cost?

No. Simply cost - VAT + postage.

Never mind. I misunderstood your question. I don't have an answer.
Regards,
Navneeth

The new erato

I received my email confirmation this morning.

Opus106

Quote from: The new erato on January 07, 2013, 12:03:14 AM
I received my email confirmation this morning.

And I've just received a mail for registering with them... on Saturday! :D Perhaps their mail server was on the fritz.
Regards,
Navneeth

The new erato

Quote from: Opus106 on January 07, 2013, 12:22:14 AM
And I've just received a mail for registering with them... on Saturday! :D Perhaps their mail server was on the fritz.
Everybody knows the Froggies are drinking and making love on weekends.

Karl Henning

Quote from: The new erato on January 07, 2013, 12:42:50 AM

If so, they've well got entirely the right idea, perhaps.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

otare

I just got an e-mail from them where they are cancelling the order because the price was an error.
For the frenchspeaking audience:

"Nous sommes au regret de devoir annuler votre commande et de fait la transaction bancaire correspondante. En effet, le prix de cette référence est erroné suite à une erreur de référencement fournisseur.

Nous vous prions de nous excuser de la gêne occasionnée et vous remercions de votre compréhension.
Bien cordialement,
Le Service clientèle DistrArt Musique"

Wakefield

Just one thought: Thanks God, MI didn't order this Curzon.   :P ;D
"One of the greatest misfortunes of honest people is that they are cowards. They complain, keep quiet, dine and forget."
-- Voltaire

The new erato

Quote from: Gordon Shumway on January 07, 2013, 03:34:02 AM
Just one thought: Thanks God, MI didn't order this Curzon.   :P ;D
Thank God for small mercies. Though I would suppose he don't know how to complain in French. Mine got annulled too.

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

jut1972

Yep, mines gone too, in short order I received, thanks for registering   :D, thanks for your order  ;D, here's your new password  ;), here's the cancellation  >:D.
The Les bons plans...  blog is reporting cancelled orders too.

Ah well.  Will have to check the bank statements to make sure nothing has been taken out. 

Papy Oli

Quote from: The new erato on January 07, 2013, 12:42:50 AM

and obvioulsy retreating/backtracking on weekdays.... some habits die hard... ;D
Olivier

Brian

Quote from: Opus106 on January 07, 2013, 12:22:14 AM

In light of what's going on here, I'm going to have to check back with my bank in a few days. If that $2.60 charge is still there I will challenge it.

The new erato

Quote from: Brian on January 07, 2013, 04:36:25 AM
In light of what's going on here, I'm going to have to check back with my bank in a few days. If that $2.60 charge is still there I will challenge it.
And quite righly so. So will I. I'm pretty fed up with suppliers not having a quality check on their pricing, I had two orders cancelled by amazon.es for the same reason.

kishnevi

Tangentially, I've been ordering from I-Deal through Amazon MP, and they seem to be operating normally.
Most recent order is now in the mail to me; that Beethoven/Tokyo String Quartet budget box that was posted on this thread a few days ago.