The Super-Duper Cheap Bargains Thread

Started by Mark, November 13, 2007, 02:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coopmv

Quote from: Papy Oli on January 30, 2013, 08:09:15 AM
Well, Presto have fulfilled my order of the Solti boxset. Got £43 charged on my card on saturday and the package has shipped today.  :D

The only way to tell - once Presto hit your CC, it is obligated to send you the box ...

Brian

Quote from: Opus106 on January 31, 2013, 05:43:28 AM
Yes. Do you ever visit Amazon Spain? I suggest you don't if you want your savings to be more or less intact. ;D
Gaahhh!!

Wishlist of classical/jazz box sets, Amazon USA: $346
Wishlist of classical/jazz box sets, Amazon.es: 187 euros (is that with VAT included? if so it's really about 150 euros)

The new erato

Quote from: Brian on January 31, 2013, 07:18:56 AM
Gaahhh!!

Wishlist of classical/jazz box sets, Amazon USA: $346
Wishlist of classical/jazz box sets, Amazon.es: 187 euros (is that with VAT included? if so it's really about 150 euros)
Yes. It is deducted when you go through the buying sequence, the price without VAT + P&P is displayed before you push the final (I neary wrote funeral) "pedido" button.

Brian

Quote from: The new erato on January 31, 2013, 07:32:08 AM
Yes. It is deducted when you go through the buying sequence, the price without VAT + P&P is displayed before you push the final (I neary wrote funeral) "pedido" button.

Wow, the difference between VAT and P&P is less than one euro. So for $276 I can have box sets totaling exactly 100 CDs*. Gaaahhh somebody stop me!!

NAVNEETH YOU WILL PAY FOR THIS TREACHERY**

*inc. DG Debussy edition, Rousset's Bach on Naive, Vivarte Schubert, Sabine Meyer collection, Horowitz/DG, Kertesz Brahms on Eloquence, and the complete Columbia Miles Davis
**um actually if you will then I'll just go ahead and order  ;D

The new erato

I will not stop you. amazon.es has been my main pusher for larger sets for some time now.

Mirror Image

I bought this from Presto Classical for $56 (incl. shipping):

An excellent deal if you ask me unless someone knows where I could have gotten it cheaper? Amazon had it for $97 whereas their MP sellers had it for $70 and up. Arkivmusic has it listed for $120. ??? Ebay had several sets listed from $68 up to $94.

Opus106

Quote from: Brian on January 31, 2013, 07:41:27 AM
Wow, the difference between VAT and P&P is less than one euro. So for $276 I can have box sets totaling exactly 100 CDs*. Gaaahhh somebody stop me!!

NAVNEETH YOU WILL PAY FOR THIS TREACHERY**

*inc. DG Debussy edition, Rousset's Bach on Naive, Vivarte Schubert, Sabine Meyer collection, Horowitz/DG, Kertesz Brahms on Eloquence, and the complete Columbia Miles Davis
**um actually if you will then I'll just go ahead and order  ;D

:D My work is done -- for today.

Quote from: The new erato on January 31, 2013, 07:45:41 AM
I will not stop you. amazon.es has been my main pusher for larger sets for some time now.

I think it's high-time that Rob gets an Amazon-GMG link for ES as well.
Regards,
Navneeth

The new erato

Quote from: Mirror Image on January 31, 2013, 07:52:44 AM
I bought this from Presto Classical for $56 (incl. shipping):

An excellent deal if you ask me unless someone knows where I could have gotten it cheaper? Amazon had it for $97 whereas their MP sellers had it for $70 and up. Arkivmusic has it listed for $120. ??? Ebay had several sets listed from $68 up to $94.
38 euros less VAT on amazon.es which I guess equals around 31 Euros. P&P to the US I have no idea, but you may have ended up around Euro 40 which is a tad less than USD 56.

Mirror Image

Quote from: The new erato on January 31, 2013, 08:15:21 AM
38 euros less VAT on amazon.es which I guess equals around 31 Euros. P&P to the US I have no idea, but you may have ended up around Euro 40 which is a tad less than USD 56.

Yes, I would have paid a little less...

31 Euros to US dollar = $42
40 Euros to US dollar = $54

This was the first time I bought from Presto Classical. I've heard good things about their customer service and reliability. If I'm pleased with them, I'll definitely use them again as they got some great deals on the larger box sets.

The new erato

Quote from: Mirror Image on January 31, 2013, 08:22:52 AM
Yes, I would have paid a little less...

31 Euros to US dollar = $42
40 Euros to US dollar = $54

This was the first time I bought from Presto Classical. I've heard good things about their customer service and reliability. If I'm pleased with them, I'll definitely use them again as they got some great deals on the larger box sets.
They are great. A definite recommendation from me.

Brian

Celibidache French and Russian Music, 11 CDs for under 14 euros at Amazon Spain.

Quote from: Mirror Image on January 31, 2013, 08:22:52 AM

My favorite classical retailer online, period.

Mirror Image

This is good to hear Erato and Brian.

North Star

"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

Papy Oli

Olivier

bigshot

I was pretty disappointed with the Scott Ross Scarlatti. The music and performance are great, but it's miked WAY too close. The sound has low frequency thumps and is extremely loud and dry.

hafod

Quote from: AnthonyAthletic on January 31, 2013, 05:35:35 AM
Definately something in the Air.

Tafelmusik, Musica Antiqua Köln / Goebel set in my wish list down from £9.99 to £6.92...just happened overnight.  Not a super bargain but super enough for me to purchase now as I can't see it going any lower.

There is also the Pletnev Rachmaninov box from the same source for under £7.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rachmaninov-Symphonies-Russian-National-Orchestra/dp/B004I7MCI4/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1359664080&sr=1-1

jut1972

Old Listener

Octave

Help support GMG by purchasing items from Amazon through this link.