The Super-Duper Cheap Bargains Thread

Started by Mark, November 13, 2007, 02:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beorn

Quote from: Que on June 11, 2013, 08:24:22 AM
I'm sure they'll survive the shock... ;)

Q

Yes, just mark your thread "download" if necessary. No big deal.

Opus106

Quote from: AnthonyAthletic on June 14, 2013, 06:32:22 AM
Just purchased this delivered from UK Amazon (Super Saver) for £5.33; bought it especially for Israel in Egypt and The Ways of Zion do Mourn.  Usually around the £24 mark.  Definately an overstock from Amazon as there are 30+ left, nice bargain for a Friday (if you like a bit of Handel)  :)

Much appreciated.
Regards,
Navneeth

rickardg

Quote from: Opus106 on June 07, 2013, 09:47:04 AM
I just found out that the 9-CD boxed set also comes with a 200+ page booklet, which includes instrument details with photographs and multi-page notes (:o) on every sonata written by the pianist himself.

It does? My copy just arrived with a tiny booklet with track listings and images of the instruments (no notes on the works), not that I complain, given the price a 200 p booklet would be too good to be true. BTW it's still €19, so it's probably not a mispricing .

Opus106

Quote from: rickardg on June 15, 2013, 11:56:07 PM
It does? My copy just arrived with a tiny booklet with track listings and images of the instruments (no notes on the works), not that I complain, given the price a 200 p booklet would be too good to be true. BTW it's still €19, so it's probably not a mispricing .

Okay, it's my fault for assuming that a physical booklet came with each box. But then, then notes are still available for viewing and downloading from the website to which I linked. And with that assumption in mind, I suspected that it may have been a mis-pricing. Thanks for telling us.
Regards,
Navneeth

Ken B

I picked up the Haydn Symphonies by Hogwood at Amazon UK. Because I am in the US the price was reduced by the VAT, and only 3 pounds shipping. Total 37 pounds, about $58. They have some left.

Ken B

Papy Oli

Olivier

Que

jpc has a Tahra sale for €7 a disc (click picture).

Q

mc ukrneal

Anyone looking for the Shostakovich edition (Brilliant, 51 cds), it can be found at Berkshire for $76.
[asin]B008GAXUYE[/asin]
Be kind to your fellow posters!!

Opus106

Quote from: mc ukrneal on June 25, 2013, 09:43:13 PM
Anyone looking for the Shostakovich edition (Brilliant, 51 cds), it can be found at Berkshire for $76.

$70 including shipping at AM-UK MP.
Regards,
Navneeth

mc ukrneal

Quote from: Opus106 on June 25, 2013, 10:04:05 PM
$70 including shipping at AM-UK MP.
Unfortunately, neither of the first two sellers in the list will ship to the US.

Opus106

Quote from: mc ukrneal on June 25, 2013, 11:20:07 PM
Unfortunately, neither of the first two sellers in the list will ship to the US.

Oops, sorry. The first seller doesn't (but Selections Ltd. is offering some very good deals on Big Brilliant Boxes to UK customers). The second in line ships internationally, and costs about $10 more. (I think they're Abeille Musique's Amazon store-front.)
Regards,
Navneeth

mc ukrneal

Quote from: Opus106 on June 25, 2013, 11:38:44 PM
Oops, sorry. The first seller doesn't (but Selections Ltd. is offering some very good deals on Big Brilliant Boxes to UK customers). The second in line ships internationally, and costs about $10 more. (I think they're Abeille Musique's Amazon store-front.)
Strangely, the second wouldn't ship to my US address either (and I thought they had in the past). I wonder if that is because they have a separate entity for the US or something like that? In any case, Amazon rejected them too.

marvinbrown

Quote from: mc ukrneal on June 25, 2013, 09:43:13 PM
[asin]B008GAXUYE[/asin]

Yes! I noticed this on amazon.co.uk, from Selections Ltd. 51 CDs for £42 delivered sounds like an absolute bargain! It went straight into my shopping basket. Too good to be true!  Rostropovich's Lady Macbeth is excellent (I have it), The Barshai Symphonies are highly recommended (I have Jansons).  Only trouble is that I have a backlog of 230 CDs that I still have to listen to. Another 51 CDs would overload me....I wonder if I should wait? How long do you guys think this deal is going to last?

marvin

Opus106

Quote from: marvinbrown on June 26, 2013, 05:11:31 AM
How long do you guys think this deal is going to last?

marvin

This...

Quote from: Opus106 on May 20, 2013, 06:16:45 AM
Sort of SDCB. And only for UK shipping.

The all-new (as in released today) box of Czech String Quartets; 15 CDs for £19.99, from seller Regis Records.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00BX2JFTQ/?tag=goodmusicguideco-21

...has been going strong for over a month. I'm pretty sure that Regis Records changed their name to Selections Ltd.
Regards,
Navneeth

Willoughby earl of Itacarius

Extra Abeille sale is on my friends.

Parsifal

Quote from: Scarpia on June 26, 2013, 09:10:54 AM
Looks like someone is back!

I am sorry to disappoint you my friend, I was merely alerting those who are interested in the Abeille sale, and have no intention to start posting again. I have my own blog now.

springrite

Quote from: Harry on June 26, 2013, 09:12:50 AM
I am sorry to disappoint you my friend, I was merely alerting those who are interested in the Abeille sale, and have no intention to start posting again. I have my own blog now.

Good to see you nevertheless, my friend, as I can't open your blog from China.
Do what I must do, and let what must happen happen.

Quote from: springrite on June 26, 2013, 09:14:31 AM
Good to see you nevertheless, my friend, as I can't open your blog from China.

I am really sorry to hear that Paul, I would have loved seeing your there. And Kimi too of course.