The Super-Duper Cheap Bargains Thread

Started by Mark, November 13, 2007, 02:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drosera

Quote from: Papy Oli on January 29, 2014, 10:18:45 AM
Ditto.

Oh well. Let's order something else instead  :)

Mine has shipped!!

Just kidding...  :P (Canceled, although the reservation on my credit card is still there.)

Que

Quote from: Drosera on January 29, 2014, 11:49:53 AM
Just kidding...  :P (Canceled, although the reservation on my credit card is still there.)

It sucks... I complained (I don't know why, I guess I was so irritated that I had to do something), telling them that they had no right to unilaterally breaking the deal.

Response was that they were very sorry but had informed Amazon (so? ::)) and they didn't want to deliver me an "incorrect item" Huh?  ::) Oh, they mean the correct item, but for the price they want for it now! :laugh:

But thanks anyway.  :) Next time we'll be more successful, so it goes in the CDCDCD business... 8)

Q

Ken B

As a consolation, Strauss lieder, 6 cd, DFD, under 20 from an Amazon vendor.

This is top notch of course but I will NOT buy any more DFD!

Ken B

Brilliant on sale at Presto. Some good bargains including the new CPE Bach 30 disc set for $70 usd.

They don't cancel either.  :)

Drosera

Quote from: Que on January 29, 2014, 02:29:58 PM
It sucks... I complained (I don't know why, I guess I was so irritated that I had to do something), telling them that they had no right to unilaterally breaking the deal.

Response was that they were very sorry but had informed Amazon (so? ::)) and they didn't want to deliver me an "incorrect item" Huh?  ::) Oh, they mean the correct item, but for the price they want for it now! :laugh:

But thanks anyway.  :) Next time we'll be more successful, so it goes in the CDCDCD business... 8)

Q

The main reason why it annoys me is actually that this price was much closer to a fair price for this box set than the regular price is. It's just a (rather flimsy) repackaging of already released content.

(Thanks for pointing me to the CDCDCD thread. Now I finally know what to tell my psychiatrist.  :) )

Holden

Quote from: Que on January 29, 2014, 02:29:58 PM

Q

A deal is a deal and it became one when the vendor accepted your money. If they stuffed up then really, if they want to be considered reputable dealers, they should wear it like other outlets do. My principle is to not do business with vendors who don't honour their contracts.
Cheers

Holden

Que

Quote from: Holden on January 30, 2014, 10:58:29 AM
A deal is a deal and it became one when the vendor accepted your money. If they stuffed up then really, if they want to be considered reputable dealers, they should wear it like other outlets do. My principle is to not do business with vendors who don't honour their contracts.

Another interesting thing that has annoyed me to no end - at Amazon you can't leave seller feedback if an order is cancelled.... ???

How ridiculous is that?  >:(

Q

hafod

Quote from: Que on January 30, 2014, 11:22:50 AM
Another interesting thing that has annoyed me to no end - at Amazon you can't leave seller feedback if an order is cancelled.... ???

Q

That is not the case for me. Go to 'Your Account' then click on 'Leave Seller Feedback' and up it comes. Well, it does on my computer. Click on 'Orders' however, and there is no sign of it - not surprising as the order has been cancelled.

Gurn Blanston

Q
Quote from: hafod on January 30, 2014, 12:22:55 PM
That is not the case for me. Go to 'Your Account' then click on 'Leave Seller Feedback' and up it comes. Well, it does on my computer. Click on 'Orders' however, and there is no sign of it - not surprising as the order has been cancelled.

Yes, correct. I have left some scathing seller feedbacks for that reason, since it is a pet peeve. They always act so distressed about it, I don't mind. I'm usually too nice anyway.   0:)

8)
Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

Mirror Image

Q

Yes, you actually can. When go to leave another seller feedback, the cancelled order from that seller will be on list of sellers awaiting feedback.

Que

Quote from: hafod on January 30, 2014, 12:22:55 PM

Quote from: Gurn Blanston on January 30, 2014, 01:08:59 PM
Yes, correct. I have left some scathing seller feedbacks for that reason, since it is a pet peeve. They always act so distressed about it, I don't mind. I'm usually too nice anyway.   0:)

8)

Quote from: Mirror Image on January 30, 2014, 02:12:17 PM
Yes, you actually can. When go to leave another seller feedback, the cancelled order from that seller will be on list of sellers awaiting feedback.

OK, guys thanks.  :) When I checked it wasn't there, but I guess it takes a day or two to appear because now it is there. I'll give them hell. >:D  ;D

Q

hafod

This has to be a steal (well, I thought so and bought it) - a 33cd box from Decca of Sviatoslav Richter solo recordings for £44.74 at AmazonUk. The ASIN is B00GYHSYW4.

Mookalafalas

Quote from: hafod on January 30, 2014, 11:50:00 PM
This has to be a steal (well, I thought so and bought it) - a 33cd box from Decca of Sviatoslav Richter solo recordings for £44.74 at AmazonUk. The ASIN is B00GYHSYW4.

It's actually a bit cheaper from out of Britain, no VAT. I know I shouldn't have--but it's Chinese New Years here in Asia and my in-laws pumped me full of excellent scotch. I saw, I clicked, I ordered.
It's all good...

North Star

Quote from: Baklavaboy on January 31, 2014, 04:19:16 AM
  It's actually a bit cheaper from out of Britain, no VAT. I know I shouldn't have--but it's Chinese New Years here in Asia and my in-laws pumped me full of excellent scotch. I saw, I clicked, I ordered.
It should be outside EU too, though.
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

Mookalafalas

Quote from: North Star on January 31, 2014, 04:24:02 AM
It should be outside EU too, though.

Oh, I'm sorry, I'm sure you are right. I'm in Taiwan and know very little about the system there.  Anyway, it's a super-duper cheap bargain by any rational standard, with or without the tax.  thanks Amazon UK!
It's all good...

hafod

From JPC:

Twilight of the Gods, Luisi, DG, €7.99
http://www.jpc.de/jpcng/classic/deta...n/hnum/2986422

The Real Chopin 21 cds €19.99
http://www.jpc.de/jpcng/classic/deta...n/hnum/4301135
Details at Presto:
http://www.prestoclassical.co.uk/adv...ll&label=&cat=

Richard Strauss, Complete Lieder, Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau, Gerald Moore, 6cds, €12.99 - Warner
http://www.jpc.de/jpcng/classic/deta...r/hnum/1751929

The Art of Franz Konwitschny Vol.2 11cds, Edel, €19.99
http://www.jpc.de/jpcng/classic/deta...2/hnum/3959983

Haydn: Complete Symphonies, Adam Fischer, Brilliant Classics, 33cd, €29.99.
http://www.jpc.de/jpcng/classic/deta...4/hnum/4897680

stingo

Quote from: stingo on January 25, 2014, 04:49:00 PM
Mine's backordered - order placed on Jan 16.

My RCA Living Stereo box set shipped today.

kishnevi

Quote from: hafod on January 31, 2014, 10:05:55 AM
From JPC:

The Real Chopin 21 cds €19.99
http://www.jpc.de/jpcng/classic/deta...n/hnum/4301135
Details at Presto:
http://www.prestoclassical.co.uk/adv...ll&label=&cat=

How did you find that on JPC's site?   The link you supplied is coming up "Error", and JPC's search engine is showing a good many of the single CDs in that for 16.99 and 19.99 Euros each (although not necessarily in stock) but no sign of the 21 CD set.

Drosera

Quote from: Jeffrey Smith on February 02, 2014, 07:18:24 PM
How did you find that on JPC's site?   The link you supplied is coming up "Error", and JPC's search engine is showing a good many of the single CDs in that for 16.99 and 19.99 Euros each (although not necessarily in stock) but no sign of the 21 CD set.

Perhaps it sold out? Wouldn't be surprised at that price. A few days ago the link worked fine.

mc ukrneal

Quote from: Drosera on February 02, 2014, 08:42:30 PM
Perhaps it sold out? Wouldn't be surprised at that price. A few days ago the link worked fine.
Never worked for me either (and I checked within a few hours of your posting it - actually none of them worked for me). But I did find it on the site, and it does appear to have been removed since then (probably due to high demand as you said).

EDIT: Thanks in any case for highlighting it! Still much appreciated.
Be kind to your fellow posters!!