The Super-Duper Cheap Bargains Thread

Started by Mark, November 13, 2007, 02:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moonfish

"Every time you spend money you are casting a vote for the kind of world you want...."
Anna Lappé

Brian

Quote from: Moonfish on June 10, 2014, 10:06:09 AM
Günter Wand's "The Great Recordings" set from Sony dropped to $35 (+ S&H) today on the Amazon MP
(24 GBP in the UK  http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Great-Recordings-G%C3%BCnter-Wand/dp/B0069EOZT8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1402422732&sr=8-1&keywords=gunter+wand)

Content: http://www.prestoclassical.co.uk/r/Sony/88691911552

This qualifies under my rules, and it's something I've coveted for a long time. Purchased.

jserraglio

Quote from: MyronM on May 23, 2014, 07:40:00 PM
The Murray Perahia 40th Anniversary set is only $55.49 on Amazon

Rec'd it yesterday. A stunning set in every way. The book is fabulous. Started off listening to MPs nine Bach disks. At $55.49 shipped, I can live with the truncated opening of LvB Sonata 11 on Disk 16.

jserraglio

re: The Handley Icon set is selling for $6 at the Amazon MP

Just bought it there for $3.64 new.

Brian

Quote from: jserraglio on June 12, 2014, 08:38:45 AM
re: The Handley Icon set is selling for $6 at the Amazon MP

Just bought it there for $3.64 new.

That seller, SpeedyHen, has a ton of the EMI Icon boxes on deep discount. The Fournier is $8 including shipping; the Melos Ensemble is $12.50 including shipping. I would buy a bunch, but I can listen to all these on Naxos Music Library.

Mookalafalas

It's all good...

Moonfish

"Every time you spend money you are casting a vote for the kind of world you want...."
Anna Lappé

Ken B

Quote from: Baklavaboy on June 12, 2014, 06:51:58 PM
Couldn't resist this one.
Ha! As if you tried!  :D

Thread duty, $84 shipped to the states from Amazon UK. Use the link in the banner to support GMG.

[asin]B00IDRVY6G[/asin]

Octave

.[asin]B000Y1BRKW[/asin]

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000Y1BRKW/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
COURS ET CATHÉDRALES aka Courts & Cathedrals: Music in Medieval France [Ensemble Gilles Binchois dir. Dominique Vellard] (Cantus, 7cd)

For £16.99 from Amazon UK.  It was $30 shipped to the USA.

Three of these discs are what Brilliant released as its little Machaut box, albeit with a CDROM of the notes.  This Cantus original apparently contains copious notes for all discs in paper/glue form.  I have not received mine yet.
IIRC, Que recommended the Machaut and a couple of the other discs very highly.
Help support GMG by purchasing items from Amazon through this link.

Que

Quote from: Octave on June 12, 2014, 08:54:15 PM
.[asin]B000Y1BRKW[/asin]

COURS ET CATHÉDRALES aka Courts & Cathedrals: Music in Medieval France [Ensemble Gilles Binchois dir. Dominique Vellard] (Cantus, 7cd)

Three of these discs are what Brilliant released as its little Machaut box, albeit with a CDROM of the notes.  This Cantus original apparently contains copious notes for all discs in paper/glue form.  I have not received mine yet.

WOW!!  :) Now, that is a good catch! :o  :D You won't regret it. Of course the 3CD set reissue by Brilliant of the Machaut items is a good budget option. But the other items are as desireable and the original presentation and documentation is a very nice bonus.

Q

Octave

Quote from: Que on June 12, 2014, 09:20:59 PM
WOW!!  :) Now, that is a good catch! :o  :D You won't regret it. Of course the 3CD set reissue by Brilliant of the Machaut items is a good budget option. But the other items are as desireable and the original presentation and documentation is a very nice bonus.

Q

It's totally crazy that I've dragged feet on the Machaut for so long, you are not the only one to appreciate Vellard/EGB's excellence.  I actually find CDROM notes to potentially be more useful as I approach transition to 'pad' reading for some things, but....a deal's a deal.   8)
Cantus has quite a few other items that look interesting to me too.  'Giordano Bruno' (or someone else?) was once bonkers for a Handel duetti disc of theirs.
Help support GMG by purchasing items from Amazon through this link.

Que

Quote from: Octave on June 12, 2014, 09:31:06 PM
It's totally crazy that I've dragged feet on the Machaut for so long, you are not the only one to appreciate Vellard/EGB's excellence.  I actually find CDROM notes to potentially be more useful as I approach transition to 'pad' reading for some things, but....a deal's a deal.   8)

Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I recall Cantus provides downloads of the documentation on their website?

Q

Moonfish

Quote from: Octave on June 12, 2014, 08:54:15 PM
.[asin]B000Y1BRKW[/asin]

Irresistible! Thanks Octave!    :)   
Anna Lappé

king ubu

Es wollt ein meydlein grasen gan:
Fick mich, lieber Peter!
Und do die roten röslein stan:
Fick mich, lieber Peter!
Fick mich mehr, du hast dein ehr.
Kannstu nit, ich wills dich lern.
Fick mich, lieber Peter!

http://ubus-notizen.blogspot.ch/

Moonfish

Anna Lappé

Geo Dude

Quote from: king ubu on June 13, 2014, 12:15:01 AM
out of stock now ...

Didn't stop me from ordering a back-ordered copy in hopes of locking in that price. :)  Now I just hope they get more copies... :P  (Not that it didn't annoy me...)

Seriously, an obscure item like that?  They were probably shocked to see three copies sell in a day--that was also probably about half of the total quantity they keep on hand at any given time.

Moonfish

The Horowitz Carnegie Hall set (42 cds) recently dropped to about ~$61 on the Amazon MP (~40 GBP at the UK MP site).

[asin] B00BT70J6S[/asin]
Anna Lappé

Ken B

$20 from several sellers

[asin]B0092AKDQK[/asin]

Moonfish

Quote from: Ken B on June 15, 2014, 03:42:30 PM
$20 from several sellers

[asin]B0092AKDQK[/asin]

Nice! Thanks Ken!  :)
Are those in the "big" Heifetz box as well?
Anna Lappé

Moonfish

The excellent Vivarte Collection for $49 at Amazon MP
Hmm, are they clearing their shelves or something??  ???

[asin] B00AOTZ156[/asin]
Anna Lappé