The Super-Duper Cheap Bargains Thread

Started by Mark, November 13, 2007, 02:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Que

Bummer, I got the Tafelmusik set not so long ago.....  ::)

Ad enjoyed it very much BTW.  Since I do not have the rest, I guess an upgrade at the right price might be in order.

Q

Que

Quote from: MyronM on September 04, 2014, 05:48:40 AM
For those of you who use Pricenoia to compare prices from Amazon sites worldwide - the site has shut down.

http://pricenoia.tumblr.com/post/96524879555/pricenoia-shuts-down

It is a terrible shame. >:( BTW I just discovered that the data at Pricenoia is not updated anymore.....

Does anyone have suggestions on possible alternatives?

Q

The new erato

Quote from: Que on September 11, 2014, 09:47:36 AM
Bummer, I got the Tafelmusik set not so long ago.....  ::)

Ad enjoyed it very much BTW.  Since I do not have the rest, I guess an upgrade at the right price might be in order.

Q
I've had the 4 CD Tafelmusik set for a couple of years. Interestingly enough it is currently more expensive than the 10 CD set. Anybody PM me, I'll give it away if the postage isn't too prohibitive (I'll need to recieve the 10 Cd set first however).

mc ukrneal

Quote from: Que on September 11, 2014, 10:45:00 PM
It is a terrible shame. >:( BTW I just discovered that the data at Pricenoia is not updated anymore.....

Does anyone have suggestions on possible alternatives?

Q
You could try camelcamelcamel.
Be kind to your fellow posters!!

Jo498

IMO the best ones are the Tafelmusik, the disc with wind concerti and the one with "Wassermusik" (although there is also a very good "Wassermusik by Zefiro coupled with Handel's). But I guess the single discs are still full price, so the new package would be cheaper and more convenient anyway.
Tout le malheur des hommes vient d'une seule chose, qui est de ne savoir pas demeurer en repos, dans une chambre.
- Blaise Pascal

Harry

Quote from Manuel, born in Spain, currently working at Fawlty Towers.

" I am from Barcelona, I know nothing.............."

stingo

Quote from: Harry's on September 12, 2014, 08:12:52 AM
An almost complete Rodrigo box 21 CD'S for 20 euro at JPC de. Almost all excellent recordings.

https://www.jpc.de/jpcng/classic/detail/-/art/Joaquin-Rodrigo-1902-1999-Joaquin-Rodrigo-Edition/hnum/2639864

Not that it's any of my business, but I'm guessing the unpleasantness between you and JPC has passed under the bridge?

Christo

An almost complete Rodrigo box 21 CD'S for 20 euro at JPC de. Almost all excellent recordings.

https://www.jpc.de/jpcng/classic/detail/-/art/Joaquin-Rodrigo-1902-1999-Joaquin-Rodrigo-Edition/hnum/2639864

Yes, ordered it immediately. A lot of fine recordings that I already know - used to play them in the car radio during summers spent somewhere in the Mediterranian, mostly. Love many of the concertos. But this collection is even more complete.
... music is not only an 'entertainment', nor a mere luxury, but a necessity of the spiritual if not of the physical life, an opening of those magic casements through which we can catch a glimpse of that country where ultimate reality will be found.    RVW, 1948

Harry

Quote from: stingo on September 12, 2014, 10:39:31 AM
Not that it's any of my business, but I'm guessing the unpleasantness between you and JPC has passed under the bridge?

No, somebody else ordered it for me ::)
Quote from Manuel, born in Spain, currently working at Fawlty Towers.

" I am from Barcelona, I know nothing.............."

listener

not in the North American catalogue, so I've ordered it here
"Keep your hand on the throttle and your eye on the rail as you walk through life's pathway."

Que

Quote from: mc ukrneal on September 12, 2014, 12:12:13 AM
You could try camelcamelcamel.

I did... :)

And as far as I can figure out it does allow you to switch your search from one Amazon site to another,  but it lacks an international price comparison feature (including shiping). Since I live in Europe that is crucial to me.

Q

jut1972

Que try keepa.com
once you track a product you can check international pricing

oh.. maybe not with shipping... I'm not sure.

bogdan101

Hmm, nobody posted in this thread for almost a week... Are the bargains drying up?

Moonfish

Quote from: bogdan101 on September 19, 2014, 05:05:14 PM
Hmm, nobody posted in this thread for almost a week... Are the bargains drying up?

Seems like it. Haven't seen anything enticing for a while.....    :'( :'(

However, I am "saving" lots of money!   :D
"Every time you spend money you are casting a vote for the kind of world you want...."
Anna Lappé

Mookalafalas

Quote from: Moonfish on September 19, 2014, 06:49:27 PM
Seems like it. Haven't seen anything enticing for a while.....    :'( :'(

However, I am "saving" lots of money!   :D

I have...so I haven't :'(
    I bought one of the wonderful Naive Vivaldi boxes from "CD Imports" for about $17 for 6 CDs (in jewel cases, which I hate, but with lots of liner notes, which is nice, of course)3*

My shop now has the DG originals and Decca Phase 4 boxes for about $115 each.  That doesn't help you of course, unless you are visiting Southern Taiwan, soon.  However, my store's prices are generally not lower than what can be found on-line (after items eventually become available).  In other words, if you hold on for a while and are interested in these items, they should get much cheaper.
It's all good...

listener

TALLIS Complete works on Brilliant now EUR 16.99 at jpc for 10 discs, notes and texts on a CD-ROM

"Keep your hand on the throttle and your eye on the rail as you walk through life's pathway."

Karl Henning

Quote from: listener on September 24, 2014, 06:17:10 AM
TALLIS Complete works on Brilliant now EUR 16.99 at jpc for 10 discs, notes and texts on a CD-ROM

A great price for a great box (or, box-let)!
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot