The Super-Duper Cheap Bargains Thread

Started by Mark, November 13, 2007, 02:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

North Star

Quote from: Harry's on October 22, 2014, 09:56:26 AM
LOL a beach of trust :laugh: :laugh:
They made their beach, and now they must lie on it..
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

Que

Quote from: Harry's on October 22, 2014, 09:56:26 AM
LOL a beach of trust :laugh: :laugh:

Considering the context an hilarious typo, definitely  :D :laugh:

bogdan101

I got a "shipped" notice from amazon uk for the Verdi box at 14.50.

jut1972

Furtwangler legacy box <20 euro at Amazon. Es.

don't blame me if it's a misprice!

Moonfish

Quote from: Ken B on October 22, 2014, 08:46:03 AM
We need to erect a SDCBT monument to Brian. I am thinking an 18 foot statue would be appropriate.

We will have to wait until there is a prizing error on 18 foot statues on Amazon!    >:D
"Every time you spend money you are casting a vote for the kind of world you want...."
Anna Lappé

Ken B

Quote from: Moonfish on October 22, 2014, 05:50:01 PM
We will have to wait until there is a prizing error on 18 foot statues on Amazon!    >:D

Ha! Perfect!

Moonfish

"Every time you spend money you are casting a vote for the kind of world you want...."
Anna Lappé

Mookalafalas

I'm seriously considering just doing a nutso-ganzo order from Amazon It--the Bernstein box, the new Decca Weiner box, Ansermet, maybe Bohm...there are just too many sweet deals there, and the shipping cost comes down with bulk buying. The only questions are: when will I have time to listen to it all? and When will I have the spare cash to pay off my credit card bill?
It's all good...

Moonfish

Quote from: Baklavaboy on October 23, 2014, 05:41:59 AM
I'm seriously considering just doing a nutso-ganzo order from Amazon It--the Bernstein box, the new Decca Weiner box, Ansermet, maybe Bohm...there are just too many sweet deals there, and the shipping cost comes down with bulk buying. The only questions are: when will I have time to listen to it all? and When will I have the spare cash to pay off my credit card bill?

Go nutso-ganzo!!!   ::) :laugh:
Anna Lappé

Brian

Quote from: Baklavaboy on October 23, 2014, 05:41:59 AM

Don't you mean "the shipping cost rises more slowly"?

The new erato

Decreasing marginal rate of shipping in economist's terms.

Moonfish

Quote from: Brian on October 23, 2014, 06:41:33 AM
Don't you mean "the shipping cost rises more slowly"?

Shipping cost per item decreases... (seems to hover at 10 euros per item  :'( :'( )
Anna Lappé

jut1972

Invest in Spotify. It'll save you a fortune...

Ken B

Quote from: The new erato on October 23, 2014, 06:43:18 AM
Decreasing marginal rate of shipping in economist's terms.
Yeah. That's a very effective rationale. Super-size me.  ;D

I once found myself at BRO tossing in a couple 99 cent CDs and thinking "that brings the average cost down"!

listener

The 40-disc Wagner box from Sony arrived today from importcds (rather than amazon as I ordered other items and saved amazon's initial shipping cost on each item).  Their $20 price was legit.  I can use my vinyl set books for libretti.
"Keep your hand on the throttle and your eye on the rail as you walk through life's pathway."

Ken B

Quote from: listener on October 23, 2014, 11:26:54 AM
The 40-disc Wagner box from Sony arrived today from importcds (rather than amazon as I ordered other items and saved amazon's initial shipping cost on each item).  Their $20 price was legit.  I can use my vinyl set books for libretti.
Mine has not shipped yet. I suspect I am in for another fight with them. They don't ship and then they refuse to refund. I hate them, and it was only greed made me do it this time.

Update. Although I have the receipt from PayPal, importcds has no record of the sale in my account, or in the pending orders. So I have opened a PayPal case against importcds, for the third time.

Mookalafalas

Quote from: Ken B on October 23, 2014, 12:53:14 PM
Mine has not shipped yet. I suspect I am in for another fight with them. They don't ship and then they refuse to refund. I hate them, and it was only greed made me do it this time.

Update. Although I have the receipt from PayPal, importcds has no record of the sale in my account, or in the pending orders. So I have opened a PayPal case against importcds, for the third time.

Bummer. I got a receipt from them yesterday that my stuff had all shipped...I hope it gets straightened out!
It's all good...

Ken B

Quote from: Baklavaboy on October 23, 2014, 05:03:31 PM
  Bummer. I got a receipt from them yesterday that my stuff had all shipped...I hope it gets straightened out!
I will get a refund from PayPal. For the third time.