The Super-Duper Cheap Bargains Thread

Started by Mark, November 13, 2007, 02:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry

Just saw this is the pre-release list. The second HM box, and by the look of it they hustled together music, that has been previously released in other cheap boxes. Not much of interest here. The price will go down soon enough.

https://www.jpc.de/jpcng/classic/detail/-/art/deutsche-harmonia-mundi-50-cd-collection/hnum/6143473
Quote from Manuel, born in Spain, currently working at Fawlty Towers.

" I am from Barcelona, I know nothing.............."

Mookalafalas

Much cheaper from Amazon JP right now. I already pre-ordered mine ;D
It's all good...

Cosi bel do

Yes it will have to go down. By the way it is DHM, not HM ;)

Harry

Quote from: Cosi bel do on October 24, 2014, 01:28:28 AM
Yes it will have to go down. By the way it is DHM, not HM ;)

Well Deutsche Harmonia Mundi :P

Cosi bel do

Yes I know but completely apart from Harmonia Mundi, two different labels.

Harry

Quote from: Cosi bel do on October 24, 2014, 01:32:49 AM
Yes I know but completely apart from Harmonia Mundi, two different labels.

I know that my friend, I have been more than 40 years around, practically at the birth of both labels. :-*

The new erato

Quote from: Harry's on October 24, 2014, 01:35:02 AM
I know that my friend, I have been more than 40 years around, practically at the birth of both labels. :-*
They split into two labels to be able to supply Harry with enough CD's.

Harry

Quote from: The new erato on October 24, 2014, 01:36:29 AM
They split into two labels to be able to supply Harry with enough CD's.

Thank you Erato, you made my morning, I am still giggling after a burst of laughter. :)

Cosi bel do

All right, I just said that because there was a little confusion between the two labels in the previous pages ;)

springrite

Living proof to the glory of God, creating supply and demand in equilibrium!
Do what I must do, and let what must happen happen.

Brian

DHM needs to take pity on us poor souls who weren't listening to early(-ish) music when they released Volume One, and reissue that...

Moonfish

Quote from: Brian on October 24, 2014, 04:55:17 AM
DHM needs to take pity on us poor souls who weren't listening to early(-ish) music when they released Volume One, and reissue that...

This one?  The two figures in the painting seem well aware of the situation..!

[asin] B0014RIULO[/asin]
"Every time you spend money you are casting a vote for the kind of world you want...."
Anna Lappé

Mookalafalas

Quote from: Brian on October 24, 2014, 04:55:17 AM

They kinda sorta did. There is another box that is half of original, that sells for about $50. 
          Even better, French Amazon lists it as being available, and claims that though they don't have any now, they will get more of the original box in.  Maybe it is a mistake, but here is the link:
http://www.amazon.fr/Coffret-Deutsche-Harmonia-Edition-Anniversaire/dp/B0014RIULO/ref=fallbacksessionReftagm_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=1X70FCAPWT7D73QJSJTF
It's all good...

Cosi bel do

I think it's a permanently out of stock thing, but it's worth a try.

It's a shame they did only release a half-box again, because there was almost nothing to throw away in the 50 CD one. One of my favourite box-sets ever.

Moonfish

Quote from: Cosi bel do on October 24, 2014, 05:11:30 AM
I think it's a permanently out of stock thing, but it's worth a try.

It's a shame they did only release a half-box again, because there was almost nothing to throw away in the 50 CD one. One of my favourite box-sets ever.

Yes, it seems as if DHM easily could reprint the first box. It is bound to be a bestseller!
"Every time you spend money you are casting a vote for the kind of world you want...."
Anna Lappé

Mookalafalas

Quote from: Moonfish on October 24, 2014, 05:18:27 AM
Yes, it seems as if DHM easily could reprint the first box. It is bound to be a bestseller!

Really, I thought that is what they were doing (based solely on the Amazon listing).  Mercury did it with their first box, for example.
It's all good...

albanberg

Quote from: NLK1971 on October 24, 2014, 07:54:05 AM
From Europadisc:
Georg Solti: Wagner - The Operas
£69.95 £44.95
http://www.europadisc.co.uk/classical/105888/Georg_Solti:_Wagner_-_The_Operas.htm

Anyone know what US shipping charges are like for a set like this? Do they adjust the price to remove VAT the way Amazon does?

The new erato

They remove VAT and have very reasonable shipping charges within Europe at least.

Cosi bel do

All the Solti boxes are also reduced on Amazon.it. Prices are quite incredible on Amazon.it right now, I tried to make a complete list of all offers here :
http://bons-plans-classique.blogspot.fr/2014/10/tous-les-coffrets-en-promotion-sur.html