The Super-Duper Cheap Bargains Thread

Started by Mark, November 13, 2007, 02:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry

Quote from: Cosi bel do on October 25, 2014, 09:09:30 AM
All the Solti boxes are also reduced on Amazon.it. Prices are quite incredible on Amazon.it right now, I tried to make a complete list of all offers here :
http://bons-plans-classique.blogspot.fr/2014/10/tous-les-coffrets-en-promotion-sur.html

Thank you, I added this site to my favourites, and subscribed :)
Quote from Manuel, born in Spain, currently working at Fawlty Towers.

" I am from Barcelona, I know nothing.............."

king ubu

The Henze box is also pretty cheap right now:

[asin]B00CTKYO6U[/asin]
www.amazon.it/dp/B00CTKYO6U/

The Messiaen is tempting but I've hardly listened to any of his stuff yet and have stockpiled some (including the other big sucker on Erato).
Es wollt ein meydlein grasen gan:
Fick mich, lieber Peter!
Und do die roten röslein stan:
Fick mich, lieber Peter!
Fick mich mehr, du hast dein ehr.
Kannstu nit, ich wills dich lern.
Fick mich, lieber Peter!

http://ubus-notizen.blogspot.ch/

ritter

Quote from: king ubu on October 25, 2014, 10:10:58 AM
The Henze box is also pretty cheap right now:

[asin]B00CTKYO6U[/asin]
www.amazon.it/dp/B00CTKYO6U/

The Messiaen is tempting but I've hardly listened to any of his stuff yet and have stockpiled some (including the other big sucker on Erato).
I've just bought the Messiaen, since I've never seen it at this price, and have been considering it for quite some time now... Thanks for the tip!

On the other hand, the big Sony Boulez box, which hit a low of GBP 81 a couple of weeks ago in amazon.co.uk, has shot up to GBP 113 !  >:(  (in line with--or still slightly lower tan-- the price in other online suppliers)...

kishnevi

Thanks. I ordered the Haitink and Mercury Living Presence 1 boxes.  The latter however is listed as not shipping for 9 to 12 days.

Moonfish

Sony's Wagner set dropped below USD 16 today. A bargain for sure.

[asin] B00A2JTEHY[/asin]
"Every time you spend money you are casting a vote for the kind of world you want...."
Anna Lappé

Ken B

Quote from: Moonfish on October 25, 2014, 02:27:46 PM

[asin] B00A2JTEHY[/asin]

Gaaaah! I do not need this. I need shelf space. I might also of course be unemployed shortly. Sigh. Snarfed it.

Moonfish

Quote from: Ken B on October 25, 2014, 02:30:04 PM
Gaaaah! I do not need this. I need shelf space. I might also of course be unemployed shortly. Sigh. Snarfed it.

"Every time you spend money you are casting a vote for the kind of world you want...."
Anna Lappé

Mookalafalas

Quote from: Moonfish on October 25, 2014, 02:27:46 PM

This is the SDCB thread, not shovel your hard earned cash out to gougers thread >:(:

That box is $12.04 at ImportCDs.
Mines on the way ;D
It's all good...

Ken B

Quote from: Baklavaboy on October 25, 2014, 06:21:25 PM
This is the SDCB thread, not shovel your hard earned cash out to gougers thread >:(:

That box is $12.04 at ImportCDs Old Nick's Clipjoint
Mines on the way ;D

FTFY

Mine was under 16 with 2 day UPS shipping from Amazon.

Mookalafalas

Quote from: Ken B on October 25, 2014, 06:27:01 PM
FTFY

Mine was under 16 with 2 day UPS shipping from Amazon.

Whoops, forgot. You've had some difficulties with those guys, huh?  Sorry about that :-[
It's all good...

king ubu

Very tempting ... haven't heard a bad note from Zehetmair yet - and am totally unfamiliar with Brüggen.
Es wollt ein meydlein grasen gan:
Fick mich, lieber Peter!
Und do die roten röslein stan:
Fick mich, lieber Peter!
Fick mich mehr, du hast dein ehr.
Kannstu nit, ich wills dich lern.
Fick mich, lieber Peter!

http://ubus-notizen.blogspot.ch/

Jo498

I got the Mozart/Zehetmair recently and while I am neither a huge fan nor expert on these pieces, it is very good, probably among the best.
Tout le malheur des hommes vient d'une seule chose, qui est de ne savoir pas demeurer en repos, dans une chambre.
- Blaise Pascal

Mookalafalas

I'm so glad you posted that! I had ordered it along with some other things that I got yesterday in a box from ImportCD. I was so happy with the stuff I did get I neglected to notice that that item had been forgotten. I sent them an email. Hope I don't end up with problems like Ken's ??? (He hate's ImportCD, and has had a rough time with them.)  Guess I shoulda listened, eh Ken?
It's all good...

listener

importcds are shipping another order for me of four items, I've saved $47 in shipping costs by ordering the batch direct from them instead of through amazon.
"Keep your hand on the throttle and your eye on the rail as you walk through life's pathway."

Ken B

Quote from: Baklavaboy on October 28, 2014, 04:28:01 AM
I'm so glad you posted that! I had ordered it along with some other things that I got yesterday in a box from ImportCD. I was so happy with the stuff I did get I neglected to notice that that item had been forgotten. I sent them an email. Hope I don't end up with problems like Ken's ??? (He hate's ImportCD, and has had a rough time with them.)  Guess I shoulda listened, eh Ken?
Does blowitoutahere ship to the ends of the earth? They are very good. I think they are i-deals at Amazon, but have their own site.  A lot of us really like Classical Music Superstore, who are always my first choice if prices are very close.

FYI I ordered the Wagner 40 directly from Azon, but it has not shipped. Now shows out of stock.  I expect a cancellation.

Brian

Quote from: Ken B on October 28, 2014, 05:48:30 AMA lot of us really like Classical Music Superstore, who are always my first choice if prices are very close.
Hah, I am 90% sure that that is Naxos.

Ken B

Quote from: Brian on October 28, 2014, 08:49:02 AM
Hah, I am 90% sure that that is Naxos.
Ah. I bet you are right! Naxos is in Franklin, right near Nashville. Hadn't occurred to me but it makes sense, to have a web retail arm operating at the main distribution hub.
Damned good seller anyway.

Brian

Quote from: Ken B on October 28, 2014, 09:27:47 AM
Ah. I bet you are right! Naxos is in Franklin, right near Nashville. Hadn't occurred to me but it makes sense, to have a web retail arm operating at the main distribution hub.
Damned good seller anyway.
I have received several ArkivMusic orders direct from Naxos with Naxos invoices, and now I get review copies of non-Naxos labels from Naxos in Franklin, TN. They also have an online shop called Naxos Direct, which has a handy bookmarkable clearance section.