The Super-Duper Cheap Bargains Thread

Started by Mark, November 13, 2007, 02:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluemooze

Quote from: Ken B on December 07, 2014, 07:36:26 AM
Anyone get their new DHM sent from Japan yet? Mine was to be sent yesterday. But nothing from Japan yet. And it's Dec 7 ...

Same with me.

Ken B

Quote from: Moonfish on December 07, 2014, 11:58:40 AM
Amazon.de is selling the Wiener Phil set tomorrow. [8am PST]

[asin] B00M8PBQT4[/asin]
I should report you to the moderators for pure, unadulterated evil.

Moonfish

Quote from: Ken B on December 07, 2014, 12:22:53 PM
I should report you to the moderators for pure, unadulterated evil.

:D :D

I really like the Wiener Phil box. Warhorses, but a lot of great sound! Highly recommended!!   >:D
Most likely this will be going for about 60 euros and for that price it is definitely a keeper.
"Every time you spend money you are casting a vote for the kind of world you want...."
Anna Lappé

Moonfish

"Every time you spend money you are casting a vote for the kind of world you want...."
Anna Lappé

Mookalafalas

Quote from: Moonfish on December 07, 2014, 10:49:04 AM
:D :D :D

I knew you could not resist original jackets, Baklava! And you are right, it is the back of a truck somewhere...

I am both embarrassed and relieved to report that I cancelled this one, too.  I've no doubt it is good, but I already have several conductor's sets that I expect to be better than Maazel's--and I haven't listened to one of them all the way through yet. 

Thanks for the heads up on the Decca.  That one has tempted me strongly (I never even thought about getting the Maazel before).
It's all good...

bogdan101

The Bach edition box is 46.73 sterling at amazon uk.

Ken B

Abeille will not be coming back. They are, or were, owned by Qobuz, who decided to shut them down.  >:( :(

There were only 12 employees!

Moonfish

Karajan's Parsifal is on sale for €22 at Amazon de for the next four hours.

http://www.amazon.de/dp/B000001G53

Anna Lappé

Brian

The Giant Vienna Box said "Begins at 10:00" yesterday morning. Now, today, well after 10:00 Germany time, it still says "Begins at 10:00". What gives?

Cosi bel do

The time must be converted for your location, because it is planned at 5 p.m. here (same time zone as Germany).

The new erato

Or it means we Europeans can buy it all up before you get the chance in the US.  ;D

Harry

Quote from: The new erato on December 08, 2014, 05:22:53 AM
Or it means we Europeans can buy it all up before you get the chance in the US.  ;D

Exactly :laugh:
Quote from Manuel, born in Spain, currently working at Fawlty Towers.

" I am from Barcelona, I know nothing.............."

mc ukrneal

Quote from: Brian on December 08, 2014, 05:00:37 AM
The Giant Vienna Box said "Begins at 10:00" yesterday morning. Now, today, well after 10:00 Germany time, it still says "Begins at 10:00". What gives?
It shows the time as per your computer/device. I have two devices (computer and kindle) and they show different times! It can be confusing! :)

EDIT: Byt the way, the Fischer Haydn Symphonies set is a pretty good deal at EUR 25.
Be kind to your fellow posters!!

The new erato

Yes, I bought the Vienna set. 56 Euros, P&P included,

bogdan101

Quote from: The new erato on December 08, 2014, 07:02:14 AM

I got one too, 66 euro shipped to Canada. That sold out quickly!

mc ukrneal

Quote from: The new erato on December 08, 2014, 07:02:14 AM
Yeah - EUR45 was pretty good (+shipping). All gone now too...
Be kind to your fellow posters!!

Abuelo Igor

Wow, that was fast. Two minutes after placing the order, the price went back to normal.
L'enfant, c'est moi.

otare

I was too late. But I have the Vienna box from DG, so I'm good...

Mookalafalas

Damn, I actually stayed up for that. I never dreamed it would just disappear >:( >:(
It's all good...

Ken B

Amazing price. I put one in my inbox in time. But I decided to pass on it. I have so many boxes of the same repertoire, and a number of duplicates of the other stuff.