The Super-Duper Cheap Bargains Thread

Started by Mark, November 13, 2007, 02:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay F

Yet another release of 80 Bernstein Orchestral CDs on Sony. $100 today only (09/20/15), afterwards $149. You have to join Pop Market.

http://www.popmarket.com/details/33192554?feature_id=117608158&cid=nl%3A1185506219&utm_medium=email&utm_source=generator-popmarket&utm_campaign=email

Brian

Mendelssohn - Complete Concertos - 255 minutes and 55 seconds
Download MP3 or 16-bit FLAC for $15
TODAY ONLY

Includes the original, pre-Ferdinand-David's-suggested-edits version of the celebrated violin concerto, plus the other violin concerto, three piano concertos, three short works for piano and orchestra, and three double concertos.

ubertrout

Quote from: Brian on September 22, 2015, 04:47:23 AM

Mendelssohn - Complete Concertos - 255 minutes and 55 seconds
Download MP3 or 16-bit FLAC for $15
TODAY ONLY

Includes the original, pre-Ferdinand-David's-suggested-edits version of the celebrated violin concerto, plus the other violin concerto, three piano concertos, three short works for piano and orchestra, and three double concertos.

Amazon will sell you the same collection as a MP3 for $9 - [asin]B002WMNLM8[/asin]

Mirror Image

Quote from: ubertrout on September 22, 2015, 08:15:43 AM
Amazon will sell you the same collection as a MP3 for $9 - [asin]B002WMNLM8[/asin]

But not everyone wants the Mp3. I only would resort to an Mp3 if I had no other way of acquiring the recording(s).

mc ukrneal

There is an MP seller with one copy for the set below at $55. Though the prime price of $60 is pretty good too. This set has only gotten to this level once before, so may be worth it at $3/disc...
[asin]B001HBX90O[/asin]
Be kind to your fellow posters!!

Ken B

Quote from: mc ukrneal on September 24, 2015, 05:08:10 PM
There is an MP seller with one copy for the set below at $55. Though the prime price of $60 is pretty good too. This set has only gotten to this level once before, so may be worth it at $3/disc...
[asin]B001HBX90O[/asin]

Some short discs but a wonderful set overall. Great price.

Elgarian

Quote from: mc ukrneal on September 24, 2015, 05:08:10 PM
[asin]B001HBX90O[/asin]

I vividly remember getting this set when it first appeared some years ago - one of the very best purchases I ever made. It was a life changer for me, opening up new vistas I'd never been aware of till then.

Elgarian

Update on the Brilliant Handel box. Today I received an email from Amazon asking me to confirm that I still wanted it, with a repeat of the assurance that they were still waiting to be able to give a delivery estimate, but needed my confirmation to continue. Of course I said yes, and the story continues to unfold.

Karl Henning

Quote from: Elgarian on September 25, 2015, 01:22:43 PM
I vividly remember getting this set when it first appeared some years ago - one of the very best purchases I ever made. It was a life changer for me, opening up new vistas I'd never been aware of till then.
Aye, the Amsterdam Sinfonietta have done Mendelssohn a great service.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Karl Henning

Quote from: Elgarian on September 25, 2015, 01:25:56 PM
Update on the Brilliant Handel box. Today I received an email from Amazon asking me to confirm that I still wanted it, with a repeat of the assurance that they were still waiting to be able to give a delivery estimate, but needed my confirmation to continue. Of course I said yes, and the story continues to unfold.
That is a most excellent piece of intelligence!
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Karl Henning

Quote from: ubertrout on September 22, 2015, 08:15:43 AM

Thank you!
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Ken B

Ditto.

Walt Whitman

Same.

mc ukrneal

Quote from: Ken B on September 25, 2015, 06:27:12 AM
Some short discs but a wonderful set overall. Great price.
Quote from: Elgarian on September 25, 2015, 01:22:43 PM
Well I finally ordered it. I have very few of the pieces and composers represented here and it fills a real hole in my listening. It's one of the only boxes out there that really excites me. And the price is pretty good, so I am happy to finally listen to it.

Elgarian

Quote from: mc ukrneal on September 25, 2015, 06:57:53 PM
Well I finally ordered it. I have very few of the pieces and composers represented here and it fills a real hole in my listening. It's one of the only boxes out there that really excites me. And the price is pretty good, so I am happy to finally listen to it.

I can't believe you'll regret it Neal. I've just found the long thread I started at TalkClassical back in 2008, just after I'd bought it, and poured out my enthusiasm, here:

http://www.talkclassical.com/3934-200-years-music-versailles.html

AnthonyAthletic

Yet another Ditto to the UK.

"Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying"      (Arthur C. Clarke)

jserraglio

Quote from: Elgarian on September 25, 2015, 11:36:52 PM
I can't believe you'll regret it Neal. I've just found the long thread I started at TalkClassical back in 2008, just after I'd bought it, and poured out my enthusiasm, here:

Thanks. I have been hooked on the French Baroque since hearing Lully, Rameau & M-A Charpentier on LP. Will definitely look into acquiring this set.

mc ukrneal

Quote from: jserraglio on September 26, 2015, 05:30:17 AM
Thanks. I have been hooked on the French Baroque since hearing Lully, Rameau & M-A Charpentier on LP. Will definitely look into acquiring this set.
Prime is now down to $58. You won't get it at a much better price if it should be of interest.

mc ukrneal

Quote from: Elgarian on September 25, 2015, 11:36:52 PM

Thanks! Will take a look when work settles...

ubertrout

People probably have heard that the Barnes and Noble Classical Sale is going on now, with 40% off all CDs.  There's a lot of great stuff, including Living Stereo SACDs for $5.99 and box sets for a dollar or so a disc.