The Super-Duper Cheap Bargains Thread

Started by Mark, November 13, 2007, 02:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry

Always wanted all the music by Vaet, and in pristine interpretations, well look no further, for Brilliant took up the recordings made by Ars Musici, performed by the Dufay ensemble, 4 cd's for 14,00€. That is a super bargain. JPC de, soon to be released.

Quote from Manuel, born in Spain, currently working at Fawlty Towers.

" I am from Barcelona, I know nothing.............."

Que

Quote from: Harry's corner on April 23, 2016, 12:44:18 AM
Always wanted all the music by Vaet, and in pristine interpretations, well look no further, for Brilliant took up the recordings made by Ars Musici, performed by the Dufay ensemble, 4 cd's for 14,00€. That is a super bargain. JPC de, soon to be released.

What??  ??? Did you put them up to this?  :D
Fully agree with you. Mandatory for interested in Early Music from the Franco-Flemish School, I would say.  :)

Q

Harry

Quote from: Que on April 23, 2016, 06:03:02 AM
What??  ??? Did you put them up to this?  :D
Fully agree with you. Mandatory for interested in Early Music from the Franco-Flemish School, I would say.  :)

Q

I did, but some years ago, I did not think they would get into this label :)
Quote from Manuel, born in Spain, currently working at Fawlty Towers.

" I am from Barcelona, I know nothing.............."

king ubu

just one in stock right now, but says more on the way - 6€ at aDE:

[asin]B000VZN7KE[/asin]
link: http://www.amazon.de/Europe-Baroque-Box-Amarillis/dp/B000VZN7KE/
Es wollt ein meydlein grasen gan:
Fick mich, lieber Peter!
Und do die roten röslein stan:
Fick mich, lieber Peter!
Fick mich mehr, du hast dein ehr.
Kannstu nit, ich wills dich lern.
Fick mich, lieber Peter!

http://ubus-notizen.blogspot.ch/

HIPster

Quote from: king ubu on April 24, 2016, 06:28:40 AM
just one in stock right now, but says more on the way - 6€ at aDE:

[asin]B000VZN7KE[/asin]
link: http://www.amazon.de/Europe-Baroque-Box-Amarillis/dp/B000VZN7KE/

A beautiful 4 CD set.

Another excellent and on-point Gordo recommendation.  ;)
Wise words from Que:

Never waste a good reason for a purchase....  ;)

king ubu

price is back up ... I've had that one for a while, but snatched this here for €6.24:

[asin]B001F0JZZK[/asin]
it's a compilation, but for discs three and four alone, I'm in for the ride for sure:

Fick mich, lieber Peter!
Fick mich, lieber Peter!
Fick mich, lieber Peter!

aligreto

Quote from: king ubu on April 24, 2016, 11:06:28 PM
price is back up ... I've had that one for a while, but snatched this here for €6.24:

[asin]B001F0JZZK[/asin]
it's a compilation, but for discs three and four alone, I'm in for the ride for sure:

I have that set and it comes with a strong recommendation. The Bach Motets were very fine indeed. You should enjoy all four discs.

king ubu

Quote from: aligreto on April 25, 2016, 10:51:05 AM
I have that set and it comes with a strong recommendation. The Bach Motets were very fine indeed. You should enjoy all four discs.
That's great to hear! Don't have too many recordings of the Bach Motets yet anyway (same for the Beethoven, not even sure I actually heard that piece yet).
Fick mich, lieber Peter!
Fick mich, lieber Peter!
Fick mich, lieber Peter!

MishaK

Just wanted to point out that Skrowaczewski's amazing complete Bruckner cycle (00-9) has been reissued as a budget issue for $35-39 depending on your retailer. Must have.

aligreto

Quote from: MishaK on April 28, 2016, 08:42:42 AM
Just wanted to point out that Skrowaczewski's amazing complete Bruckner cycle (00-9) has been reissued as a budget issue for $35-39 depending on your retailer. Must have.

That is a great price for a great cycle.

king ubu

Quote from: aligreto on April 28, 2016, 11:36:26 AM
That is a great price for a great cycle.

dagnabit, just went for the complete Oehms box (47€ including shipping at jpc.de, with my RollingStone 8% discount  ;D

as if I need more boxes (just got the LSO Live Colin Davis set, for one ...)
Fick mich, lieber Peter!
Fick mich, lieber Peter!
Fick mich, lieber Peter!

Verulamian

Can I check which recordings these are  -
The Saarbruken Radio Symphony Orchestra / Stanislaw Skrowaczewski. Oehms 12cds - if so we can await developments .

(I have tracked it down here in the UK as issued in 2015 and retailing at MDT about £45, more elsewhere).

king ubu

Fick mich, lieber Peter!
Fick mich, lieber Peter!
Fick mich, lieber Peter!

kishnevi

Quote from: Verulamian on April 29, 2016, 01:46:45 AM
Can I check which recordings these are  -
The Saarbruken Radio Symphony Orchestra / Stanislaw Skrowaczewski. Oehms 12cds - if so we can await developments .

(I have tracked it down here in the UK as issued in 2015 and retailing at MDT about £45, more elsewhere).

I got the Bruckner set in January.  I actually paid less than the current price because I got free shipping as part of a larger order.  Ubu, you need not regret your choice:  yours was a pretty good deal too.
[asin]B00SNZX3JE[/asin]
Is the Bruckner only set.

North Star

I see that there's a budget reissue of Chailly's Bruckner cycle.
[asin]B0197E73AO[/asin]
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

André

At the price you'll get excellent interps of symponies 3 and 7 - really among the best - and good shots at the composer's other symphonies.

That being said, if the music is what you're after, you'll get other recommendations. Mine would be [

b]this set[/b].

Simply because that's the closest to a real concert hall perspective with one of the best orchestras in the world under a totally dedicated interpreter you're likely to  hear.

aligreto

I would certainly not argue with a recommendation for Haitink's Bruckner.

kishnevi

Quote from: André on April 29, 2016, 12:01:20 PM
At the price you'll get excellent interps of symponies 3 and 7 - really among the best - and good shots at the composer's other symphonies.

That being said, if the music is what you're after, you'll get other recommendations. Mine would be [

b]this set[/b].

Simply because that's the closest to a real concert hall perspective with one of the best orchestras in the world under a totally dedicated interpreter you're likely to  hear.

If you are going for Haitink, then one of these two sets would probably be better.  I have the smaller set, but pricewise the bigger set is more value: you get Beethoven, Schumann, and Tchaikovsky cycles in addition to the three of the smaller set
[asin]B00GMVBL7W[/asin]
[asin]B00EUWY9WE[/asin]

Pat B

Quote from: André on April 29, 2016, 12:01:20 PM

Skrowaczewski or Chailly?

ritter

Quote from: MishaK on April 28, 2016, 08:42:42 AM
That certainly is a great cycle IMHO (and seeing the man conduct Bruckner's Fourth live in Spain a couple of years ago was an occasion to cherish). But for less than double the price of the Bruckner set, you can get Skrowaczewski's Bruckner, and his Beethoven, and his Brahms, and his Schumann (complete symphonies of each), plus some Bartók, Chopin and his own music, in this 28 CD set:

[asin]B00EXS4OVQ[/asin]
amazon.de link