How is the weather?

Started by Mozart, November 23, 2007, 11:01:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: MusicTurner on January 06, 2022, 05:57:48 AM
A beautiful and calm day here. A lesser known corner of the Frederiksberg Have park, around 5 C and sunny (albeit with a low sun) in the early afternoon, otherwise a bit of frost.
Very pretty--and calming.  :)

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Karl Henning

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on January 06, 2022, 06:00:08 AM
Get your shovels and sand at hand Karl!

PD

I'm not yet fit to shovel. It will show me how the new landlord addresses La neige sérieuse.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on January 06, 2022, 07:50:25 AM
I'm not yet fit to shovel. It will show me how the new landlord addresses La neige sérieuse.
Ah, in that case, enjoy a cup of hot chocolate whilst they are doing the work (or have hired someone to deal with it).

PD

Pohjolas Daughter

MusicTurner

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on January 06, 2022, 07:50:25 AM

Is there a possibility (if less likely) of the closure of roads etc. where you live, in case of snowstorms?

Karl Henning

Quote from: MusicTurner on January 06, 2022, 07:56:30 AM
Is there a possibility (if less likely) of the closure of roads etc. where you live, in case of snowstorms?

They should be able to keep things clear by me. I have a PT appt at noon, I expect to get there and back without much difficulty. Will report.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on January 06, 2022, 08:27:02 AM
They should be able to keep things clear by me. I have a PT appt at noon, I expect to get there and back without much difficulty. Will report.
Hoping here that you don't have to do on-street parking!

Good luck tomorrow.

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Karl Henning

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on January 06, 2022, 11:40:59 AM
Hoping here that you don't have to do on-street parking!

Good luck tomorrow.

PD

Thanks, PD. I'm not driving yet, either. I have a ride there and back.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Karl Henning

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on January 06, 2022, 11:44:31 AM
Thanks, PD. I'm not driving yet, either. I have a ride there and back.

By tomorrow night, though, it looks like we'll get 6-8"
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

SonicMan46

Well All, in Piedmont North Carolina we were having a wonderful unexpected 'warm spell' a week ago, then one morning, a few days ago, snow started to fall (see pics below from my front door) - got about 3 inches (half of the snowfall we usually get in the winter) - the ground was warm and the sun came out in the afternnoon - not much was left the next day - don't mind snowfalls like this -  :laugh: Dave

Karl Henning

Quote from: SonicMan46 on January 06, 2022, 03:49:31 PM
Well All, in Piedmont North Carolina we were having a wonderful unexpected 'warm spell' a week ago, then one morning, a few days ago, snow started to fall (see pics below from my front door) - got about 3 inches (half of the snowfall we usually get in the winter) - the ground was warm and the sun came out in the afternnoon - not much was left the next day - don't mind snowfalls like this -  :laugh: Dave

I think I could take Here today, gone tomorrow snow  8)
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

MusicTurner

Pohjolas Daughter

Love it when Mother Nature does her own shoveling.  8)

Not here....did Round One earlier.  Need to go back outside for Round Two soon.

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Mirror Image

Right now...snow, sleet, high winds...oh my!

SonicMan46

Quote from: Mirror Image on January 16, 2022, 05:25:52 AM
Right now...snow, sleet, high winds...oh my!

John - good luck, we're right up the road in Piedmont, NC - first pic below from my front door again, about 2" of snow at the moment, but ice and winds are coming so I suspect a power outage - second pic shows half of my lights (all LEDs) w/ charged batteries, also have spare batteries - we'll have battery lights, hot water, battery radio, gas stove, and internet for a while (will then try a 'hot spot' on my iPhone).  Well, our first snow a few weeks ago was wimpy but this one will not be the same.  Best to all caught in this major storm.  Dave :)

prémont

Quote from: MusicTurner on January 06, 2022, 05:57:48 AM
A beautiful and calm day here. A lesser known corner of the Frederiksberg Have park, around 5 C and sunny (albeit with a low sun) in the early afternoon, otherwise a bit of frost.

Apistemplet, I recall it well. In my childhood a backdoor entrance to Zoologisk Have.
Any so-called free choice is only a choice between the available options.

Mirror Image

Quote from: SonicMan46 on January 16, 2022, 05:49:18 AM
John - good luck, we're right up the road in Piedmont, NC - first pic below from my front door again, about 2" of snow at the moment, but ice and winds are coming so I suspect a power outage - second pic shows half of my lights (all LEDs) w/ charged batteries, also have spare batteries - we'll have battery lights, hot water, battery radio, gas stove, and internet for a while (will then try a 'hot spot' on my iPhone).  Well, our first snow a few weeks ago was wimpy but this one will not be the same.  Best to all caught in this major storm.  Dave :)

Thanks, Dave. Hopefully, it won't be as severe as the meteorologists have been talking about via The Weather Channel, but we haven't received the second wave of the storm yet, which will dump more snow later on in the day and well into tomorrow. Best of luck to you and everyone else during this time.

MusicTurner

Quote from: (: premont :) on January 16, 2022, 05:54:46 AM
Apistemplet, I recall it well. In my childhood a backdoor entrance to Zoologisk Have.

Yes, in summer, one can also have a look from the park into the new outdoor elephant section in the zoo. And nearby there's the terrace of the Frederiksberg Castle, where a copy of an early 19th-century painting showing the impressive view from the hill towards the inner city and its towers is being displayed. Nowadays that view is however obstructed by later buildings.

Yesterday was also a bit spring-like here, but again, temperatures would drop around sunset. Got a new bike & went to the Christianhavn and Østerbro districts. There were a few tourists doing the canal boat tour. Today, museums and sights will open again, due to the abolishing of a good deal of restrictions.

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: MusicTurner on January 16, 2022, 06:47:07 AM
Yes, in summer, one can also have a look from the park into the new outdoor elephant section in the zoo. And nearby there's the terrace of the Frederiksberg Castle, where a copy of an early 19th-century painting showing the impressive view from the hill towards the inner city and its towers is being displayed. Nowadays that view is however obstructed by later buildings.

Yesterday was also a bit spring-like here, but again, temperatures would drop around sunset. Got a new bike & went to the Christianhavn and Østerbro districts. There were a few tourists doing the canal boat tour. Today, museums and sights will open again, due to the abolishing of a good deal of restrictions.
Beautiful!  It looks very inviting.

Shoveled for a good hour and a half here today; I didn't feel guilty about having a chocolate croissant (along with an omelet) afterwards.  ;D

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

MusicTurner

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on January 17, 2022, 05:22:19 AM
Beautiful!  It looks very inviting.

Shoveled for a good hour and a half here today; I didn't feel guilty about having a chocolate croissant (along with an omelet) afterwards.  ;D

PD

Sounds good; and after all, the days are getting a little longer now, and springtime isn't quite that far away ...

MusicTurner

I suppose that like here, it is obligatory to shovel snow away from any public sidewalk outside one's house, if there is a sidewalk ?