How is the weather?

Started by Mozart, November 23, 2007, 11:01:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Szykneij

Quote from: EigenUser on March 05, 2015, 09:15:58 AM
From my apartment balcony 15 minutes ago.

Gorgeous view! Whip up some hot cocoa and enjoy!
Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it.  ~ Henry David Thoreau

Don't pray when it rains if you don't pray when the sun shines. ~ Satchel Paige

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: Szykneij on March 05, 2015, 09:26:52 AM
Gorgeous view! Whip up some hot cocoa and enjoy!

Hey Tony, did you go over the record mark yet?  Looked like it would be this week...

8)
Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

jochanaan

Well, I have been posting smug comments about Denver's spring-like weather, but I should have known better.  For the last two weeks we've been getting slammed too, and we actually set a new record for most snow in February, breaking the old one from 1912! :o :-[ :laugh:
Imagination + discipline = creativity

Karl Henning

Dear fellow, I don't fault you for enjoying the mild weather while it lingered . . . .
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Szykneij

Quote from: Gurn Blanston on March 05, 2015, 10:03:12 AM
Hey Tony, did you go over the record mark yet?  Looked like it would be this week...

8)

We're close, but not there yet.
Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it.  ~ Henry David Thoreau

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: Szykneij on March 05, 2015, 11:54:13 AM
We're close, but not there yet.

Well, I hope you get hammered then. It would be a shame to have endured all this snow without setting any records while you are at it... :D

8)

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

Szykneij

Quote from: Gurn Blanston on March 05, 2015, 12:06:38 PM
Well, I hope you get hammered then. It would be a shame to have endured all this snow without setting any records while you are at it... :D

8)

Another big snowstorm and I'll need to get hammered!   ;D

Karl Henning

Bring the scotch to Symphony!
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Szykneij

EigenUser

Some pretty big icicles (yesterday morning).

Then again, I've seen some monstrous icicles when I went to Lake Tahoe 15 years ago. They really can look quite vicious.
Beethoven's Op. 133 -- A fugue so bad that even Beethoven himself called it "Grosse".

Mirror Image

It's simply gorgeous weather here. It's partly cloudy with a temperature of 68°F. Spring is approaching.

NikF

The sky is grey and the air chilly but clear. I've been for my morning run (well, 'trundle' is perhaps more accurate...) and wouldn't have been surprised to find puddles to negotiate on my way home.
"You overestimate my power of attraction," he told her. "No, I don't," she replied sharply, "and neither do you".

Szykneij

Quote from: Gurn Blanston on March 05, 2015, 12:06:38 PM

8)

We set the record for snowfall in Boston with 2.9 inches last night -- 108.6 inches for the season.

Karl Henning

Made for a slushy ride home from "my" concert yesterday!
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: Szykneij on March 16, 2015, 11:00:28 AM
We set the record for snowfall in Boston with 2.9 inches last night -- 108.6 inches for the season.

Huzzah! Something to tell your Grand-kids about (if you can dig them out of the snow drift!) :D

8)

Karl Henning

Quote from: Gurn Blanston on March 16, 2015, 11:38:44 AM
(if you can dig them out of the snow drift!) :D

"I can.  I just choose not to."
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Mirror Image

Another gorgeous day here. It's 81°F with a clear sky. Spring is around the corner.

SonicMan46

Susan & I are on a short vacation to southern Florida (East Coast) this time - left North Carolina a few days ago in the rain and temp @ 45 F; been sunny and in the 80s in FL - enjoying!  Dave :)

mc ukrneal

Be kind to your fellow posters!!

Gurn Blanston

96°F / 36°C and sunny here in East Texas. Freakin' humidity is through the roof, though, due to the great rains we had all winter and spring. Once that dries out it'll be perfect!

8)