Started by MN Dave, February 07, 2008, 10:06:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Minnow

Mirror Image

Quote from: Mr. Minnow on February 17, 2018, 10:44:04 AM

Sweet! That's a damn fine release.

Thread duty -

Preordered Marillion's Brave: Deluxe Edition:

I can't think of any progressive rock album from the 90s that deserves the deluxe treatment more so than Marillion's Brave. I could have easily included this album in my 'Top 5 Favorite Rock Albums'.

Mirror Image

Just bought:

I only owned Vulnicura as a download and it hasn't been too long since Utopia came out.

kishnevi

71 dB

King Crimson  -  Radical Action To Unseat The Hold Of Monkey Mind
Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW Jan. 2024 "Harpeggiator"

Bogey

Some fun finds a few minutes ago at Wax Trax Records in downtown Denver.

There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

aligreto

Quote from: Bogey on March 29, 2018, 04:54:17 AM
Some fun finds a few minutes ago at Wax Trax Records in downtown Denver.

They look like they are in excellent condition  8)

Bogey

Quote from: aligreto on March 29, 2018, 07:59:24 AM
They look like they are in excellent condition  8)

They are. The Girl From Uncle can be pricey, but this one was very reasonable.  I will buy any spy/crime music i see on vinyl even in crap condition and always hope for an upgrade later.  However, like yesterday, I was lucky enough to be able to buy my first and last copy of each.
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

aligreto

Quote from: Bogey on March 29, 2018, 08:11:10 AM
They are. The Girl From Uncle can be pricey, but this one was very reasonable.  I will buy any spy/crime music i see on vinyl even in crap condition and always hope for an upgrade later.  However, like yesterday, I was lucky enough to be able to buy my first and last copy of each.

Good for you. I am sure that you will enjoy them.

Undersea

Latest purchase:

[asin]B00C89857Q[/asin]

Ravi Shankar - Ravi Shankar: 6 Classic Albums

Tapio Dimitriyevich Shostakovich

Ae NTS sessions seconds after they appear. Album 3 + 4 next thursdays. People, at least fans are complete brainmelted. May be Ae's magnum opus.

Turner

Bought, my 4th with Cesaria Evora.

It´s a relatively late recording, 2003 - hope her voice is still OK there. Got good reviews.

Bogey

For me, landing a Neal Hefti Batman album is like turning the handle of a quarter gumball machine as a kid and getting the main prize behind the glass.‬

71 dB

Guster - Evermotion

[asin]B00P7PKF7Q[/asin]

Quote from: Tapio Dimitriyevich Shostakovich on April 13, 2018, 05:54:04 AM
Ae NTS sessions seconds after they appear. Album 3 + 4 next thursdays. People, at least fans are complete brainmelted. May be Ae's magnum opus.

Quite shocking release! Eight (?) hours of new Autechre? Wow!  :o I feel I am not ready for this...  :-\
Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW Jan. 2024 "Harpeggiator"

NikF

I don't know where to put this. Anyway...

[asin]0634074032[/asin]

On his YouTube channel the jazz guitarist Jimmy Bruno was working out of this book, so I thought I'd give it a try.
"You overestimate my power of attraction," he told her. "No, I don't," she replied sharply, "and neither do you".

Mirror Image

Just bought these two newer King Crimson releases:

Christo

To fill in the last gap in the Tears for Fears series:
... music is not only an 'entertainment', nor a mere luxury, but a necessity of the spiritual if not of the physical life, an opening of those magic casements through which we can catch a glimpse of that country where ultimate reality will be found.    RVW, 1948

Mirror Image

Quote from: Christo on May 14, 2018, 12:55:11 PM
To fill in the last gap in the Tears for Fears series:

Great album! Love it!

Christo

Quote from: Mirror Image on May 14, 2018, 01:12:32 PM
Great album! Love it!
Have been playing the other albums over the last weeks (in my car) and am especially fond of The Hurting (1983) and Raoul and the Kings of Spain (1995). Avoided this one, as the obviously 'too commercial' success of the late 1980s, but will see if you're right.  8)

... music is not only an 'entertainment', nor a mere luxury, but a necessity of the spiritual if not of the physical life, an opening of those magic casements through which we can catch a glimpse of that country where ultimate reality will be found.    RVW, 1948

vandermolen

Quote from: Christo on May 14, 2018, 11:24:59 PM
Have been playing the other albums over the last weeks (in my car) and am especially fond of The Hurting (1983) and Raoul and the Kings of Spain (1995). Avoided this one, as the obviously 'too commercial' success of the late 1980s, but will see if you're right.  8)

Braga Santos and H.Andriessen will be turning in their graves!
8)
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).