Today's Purchases (Non-classical)

Started by MN Dave, February 07, 2008, 10:06:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fafner

This one just arrived (with a rather lengthy delay):

[asin]B00024I0LU[/asin]
"Remember Fafner? Remember he built Valhalla? A giant? Well, he's a dragon now. Don't ask me why. Anyway, he's dead."
   --- Anna Russell

Geo Dude

Quote from: Fafner on February 06, 2013, 03:53:25 AM

[asin]B00024I0LU[/asin]

I've always loved that cover.

I just sold my Kindle Touch on E-Bay and ordered a Kindle Paperwhite.  Needless to say, I am very excited!

North Star

Quote from: Geo Dude on February 08, 2013, 08:32:19 AM
I've always loved that cover.

I just sold my Kindle Touch on E-Bay and ordered a Kindle Paperwhite.  Needless to say, I am very excited!
Surely you must mean Paperweight   :P
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

Geo Dude

Quote from: North Star on February 08, 2013, 10:53:18 AM
Surely you must mean Paperweight   :P

An iPad/Nook fan, huh? :P

I use my Kindle quite a bit so I'm sure I'll be very happy with the Paperwhite. :)

North Star

Quote from: Geo Dude on February 08, 2013, 01:10:57 PM
An iPad/Nook fan, huh? :P

I use my Kindle quite a bit so I'm sure I'll be very happy with the Paperwhite. :)
Nah, I read real books/papers.
Not that I have anything against e-books.
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

Geo Dude

Quote from: North Star on February 09, 2013, 04:14:31 AM
Nah, I read real books/papers.
Not that I have anything against e-books.

Sometimes I forget that such creatures exist... 0:)

Seriously, though, I've got no problem with real books.  I actually spend far too much time defending fans of real books against an iPad nut friend of mine.

Conor71

Got these 3 :):

Geo Dude

Fafner

I just bought this album in a tiny local CD/LP record shop, privately operated by a old rocker.

I never heard of the band before, but on a cursory listen I got quite intrigued. And it is always good to support those people who maintain such shops as a labour of love.

[asin]B00B427ERA[/asin]

It sounds a lot like the music I used to listen to on my dad's old reel tape recorder (70's art rock).
"Remember Fafner? Remember he built Valhalla? A giant? Well, he's a dragon now. Don't ask me why. Anyway, he's dead."
   --- Anna Russell

Geo Dude

Quote from: Conor on February 09, 2013, 03:22:24 PM
Got these 3 :):

I love how that post started out as one album and turned into three. :D  (I know the feeling, I assure you...) and you have me in the mood for Tangerine Dream, it seems.  I'll be digging out some early-mid '70s stuff soon.

Conor71

Quote from: Geo Dude on February 11, 2013, 05:05:52 AM
I love how that post started out as one album and turned into three. :D  (I know the feeling, I assure you...) and you have me in the mood for Tangerine Dream, it seems.  I'll be digging out some early-mid '70s stuff soon.

Hahah  :laugh:  - on a related note I will have to get that 5-Disc collecters edition of Blade Runner you posted as well!  :)

Papy Oli

Some more Mogwai ordered tonight :

Young Team / Come on die young / Rock Action

Mr Beast / The Hawk is Hawling / Special Moves (Live)

Olivier

Conor71

Quote from: Papy Oli on February 12, 2013, 01:57:30 PM
Some more Mogwai ordered tonight :

Young Team / Come on die young / Rock Action

Mr Beast / The Hawk is Hawling / Special Moves (Live)

Good stuff Papy!  :D  - I have 4 of these albums. I think they are as good as Happy Songs For Happy People. Enjoy your listening!  :)

Papy Oli

Quote from: Conor on February 12, 2013, 11:41:41 PM

Good stuff Papy!  :D  - I have 4 of these albums. I think they are as good as Happy Songs For Happy People. Enjoy your listening!  :)

G'day Conor.

I already had some low quality downloads of Cody, Young Team and Rock Action but never really clicked with them like I did with Happy Songs... until this week when I had a Happy Songs frenzy and the mood was right ... so I pulled the trigger on those CDs to enjoy them to the full. Samples of the other 3 were very appealing on youtube !!!

Listened to the full Zidane S/T last night on youtube....that was something else too... will probably order that one as well !!  :)

Olivier

Conor71

Quote from: Papy Oli on February 13, 2013, 01:04:48 AM
G'day Conor.

I already had some low quality downloads of Cody, Young Team and Rock Action but never really clicked with them like I did with Happy Songs... until this week when I had a Happy Songs frenzy and the mood was right ... so I pulled the trigger on those CDs to enjoy them to the full. Samples of the other 3 were very appealing on youtube !!!

Listened to the full Zidane S/T last night on youtube....that was something else too... will probably order that one as well !!  :)

Oh, sorry didnt know you had some of those albums already! :) - I will have to check out Zidane at some stage too.

Papy Oli

I have received Mr Beast / Hawk / Special Moves so far... I have played Special Moves (and its DVD...and its bonus downloadable Bonus Tracks) non-stop since Thursday evening.

Just phenomenal.... 8)  ;D  8)
Olivier

Sergeant Rock

Quote from: Fafner on February 06, 2013, 03:53:25 AM

[asin]B00024I0LU[/asin]

Oh yeah...the boys and I definitely approve. That's my favorite metal album.

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

Geo Dude

Cost me a grand total of $1.07 with tax.  The print version is $9.95 + shipping.  I love Kindle. ;D

EDIT:  Some other stuff:

Gold Knight