Today's Purchases (Non-classical)

Started by MN Dave, February 07, 2008, 10:06:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HIPster

Quote from: Sergeant Rock on September 16, 2014, 03:51:57 AM
I'm also skeptical of his claim  ;D  Does not jive with what we know of Dead shows...and Deadheads  :laugh:

Sarge

8)

Well, my flashbacks are indeed that good, guys. . .   ;)

Good to see that you ordered the 3-29-90 set, Sarge!  First set - other than the superb Birdsong - is workmanlike, but the 2nd set is truly spectacular.  Hair-raising stuff. 

I look forward to reading your thoughts on it when it arrives.
Wise words from Que:

Never waste a good reason for a purchase....  ;)

Night Vision

Probably no surprise that I got this one :):

George

My two disc Greatest Hits ELO set is the perfect amount for me, but if you need more, go for it!
"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

kishnevi

From B/N

Night Vision

This is my latest buy - an iPod Touch 5. I have owned a few 160GB Classics and they served me well but I got this one for the time being. I am very pleased with it - I had to be a bit more selective than usual when filling it as it only has 1/3 of the memory of the Classic. I enjoyed the process of trying to work out what my favourite artists and recordings were:

North Star

"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

Henk

Quote from: Conor71 on September 21, 2014, 02:06:08 AM
This is my latest buy - an iPod Touch 5. I have owned a few 160GB Classics and they served me well but I got this one for the time being. I am very pleased with it - I had to be a bit more selective than usual when filling it as it only has 1/3 of the memory of the Classic. I enjoyed the process of trying to work out what my favourite artists and recordings were:

Indeed, I consider that as an advantage as well. I have a Sony mp3-player, really a good player, but only 16 GB.

Purchased:

A recording from 1971. The samples sounded freaky.
'It's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.' (Krishnamurti)

Artem

Quote from: Jeffrey Smith on September 18, 2014, 05:17:38 PM

I have an older version of that release and I like it a lot, especially the first disk.

kishnevi

Quote from: Artem on September 30, 2014, 08:02:59 PM
I have an older version of that release and I like it a lot, especially the first disk.
It was good Coltrane, but I find he could miss badly sometimes, which can not be said of Monk and Miles.

Night Vision

Quote from: Henk on September 29, 2014, 01:23:50 PM
Indeed, I consider that as an advantage as well. I have a Sony mp3-player, really a good player, but only 16 GB.

To be honest 16GB is more than enough but I worry that I will be out somewhere and feel like listening to something I haven't put on the MP3 player. Im a bit lazy and couldn't be bothered copying and deleting stuff off the player all the time. Its a shame they aren't making iPod classics anymore. I guess in future I will just buy an iPhone - dedicated MP3 players will be going the way of the Dodo I think :)

Henk

Quote from: Conor71 on October 03, 2014, 05:53:24 AM
To be honest 16GB is more than enough but I worry that I will be out somewhere and feel like listening to something I haven't put on the MP3 player. Im a bit lazy and couldn't be bothered copying and deleting stuff off the player all the time. Its a shame they aren't making iPod classics anymore. I guess in future I will just buy an iPhone - dedicated MP3 players will be going the way of the Dodo I think :)

I still miss my discman..
'It's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.' (Krishnamurti)

Night Vision

Not sure if I should admit this here, as it is rather geeky, but I really love Video Game Soundtracks :D - I don't actually play Video Games much these days but I enjoy listening to the music as it is kind of a Classical/Electronica hybrid (to my ears) and its so catchy and accessible!. These are the latest acquisitions for my collection :):

Night Vision

In one fell swoop I have purchased most all of Battles discography - now I will spend the rest of the weekend listening to this genius band. Happy listening all! :):

Night Vision

Its a box-set and its Star Wars - enough said :):

Bogey

Quote from: Conor71 on October 18, 2014, 01:59:56 AM
Its a box-set and its Star Wars - enough said :):

Can't have a big enough box on one's shelf, imo.
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

George

Quote from: Bogey on October 19, 2014, 05:00:46 AM
Can't have a big enough box on one's shelf, imo.

You're preaching to the choir, Bill.  8)

Henk

Bought a bunch of Gillespie recordings.

North Star

I have found the perfect medication to CDCDCD...

My photographs on Flickr

George

Changing seats on the Titanic, North Star?   8)

North Star

My photographs on Flickr