Today's Purchases (Non-classical)

Started by MN Dave, February 07, 2008, 10:06:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bogey

Quote from: karlhenning on November 24, 2014, 10:45:33 AM
The Russian proverb goes:  "Trust in God, but row to shore"  8)

That is awesome!
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

Green Destiny

Not a lot on this one I don't already have but nonetheless.. :):

[asin]B00OAIHFJW[/asin]

listener

Rather like an old-fashioned Film society series
M      Die Niebelungen (2 discs)   The Blue Angel     Les Dames du Bois de Boulogne     Las Hurdes (Land without Bread)
at 3 for $10. on Bo Ying copies (from Shanghai ?) not always playable on all machines   
"Keep your hand on the throttle and your eye on the rail as you walk through life's pathway."

Green Destiny

Green Destiny

I've been considering this one for what seems like ages and finally took the plunge today - I had a hard time getting it delivered to Australia for a decent price. I hope the seller does not renege on the deal I got :-\:

Henk

'It's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.' (Krishnamurti)

Mirror Image

Some cool purchases there, Conor...errr...Green Destiny. :)

Thread duty:

Just bought -

Oasis's (What's The Story) Morning Glory? was one of my favorite albums of the 90s and an album that really made me aware that "Hey, 90s rock music could be good." :) Anyway, I bought the Deluxe Edition. I'll probably get their first album Definitely Maybe as well and I'll be awaiting the release of their last 'good' album Be Here Now.

Green Destiny

Quote from: Mirror Image on December 04, 2014, 08:59:34 PM
Some cool purchases there, Conor...errr...Green Destiny. :)

Thread duty:

Just bought -

Oasis's (What's The Story) Morning Glory? was one of my favorite albums of the 90s and an album that really made me aware that "Hey, 90s rock music could be good." :) Anyway, I bought the Deluxe Edition. I'll probably get their first album Definitely Maybe as well and I'll be awaiting the release of their last 'good' album Be Here Now.

Haha thanks :D
I heard about those Oasis deluxe versions - they look very nice. Ive only really heard bits of the first 2 albums - Whats the story Morning Glory has Don't look back in anger on it which is my favourite Oasis song.
I should probably check out Oasis again at some stage in the future - I still don't think I have fully listend to Definetely Maybe even!

Green Destiny

eoghan

A mixed bag. The Chieftains 4; Ian Brown - Unfinished Monkey Business; Frances Faye - Caught in the Act (for her great version of "Fever"); and a Fairport Convention compilation

Mirror Image

Quote from: Green Destiny on December 04, 2014, 11:10:04 PM
I heard about those Oasis deluxe versions - they look very nice. Ive only really heard bits of the first 2 albums - Whats the story Morning Glory has Don't look back in anger on it which is my favourite Oasis song.
I should probably check out Oasis again at some stage in the future - I still don't think I have fully listend to Definetely Maybe even!

Definitely Maybe was a very good album (the best I can remember as it's been probably about 18 years since I've heard it). I'm surprised how well (What's The Story) Morning Glory? has held up. It still sounds as vital as it did when it was released in the mid-90s. The British press seemed to have pitted Oasis against Blur but I had always preferred Oasis, although I love Blur's first album Leisure. Are you familiar with this one?

George

Quote from: Green Destiny on December 04, 2014, 11:10:04 PM

You should definitely maybe listen to Be Here Now and be here now for Definitely Maybe.
"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

Green Destiny

Quote from: Mirror Image on December 05, 2014, 06:20:07 AM
Definitely Maybe was a very good album (the best I can remember as it's been probably about 18 years since I've heard it). I'm surprised how well (What's The Story) Morning Glory? has held up. It still sounds as vital as it did when it was released in the mid-90s. The British press seemed to have pitted Oasis against Blur but I had always preferred Oasis, although I love Blur's first album Leisure. Are you familiar with this one?

Hey MI - yes im familiar with Blur and have heard Leisure. One of my ex-G/F's loved Blur and Damon Albarn and played Leisure quite a bit. I prefer their later albums but I should probably re-visit Leisure at some stage as I don't own that one. The British music press are always pitting bands against each other - it kind of makes me roll my eyes (like you cant enjoy both bands or something?) :D

Green Destiny

Quote from: George on December 05, 2014, 09:11:57 AM
You should definitely maybe listen to Be Here Now and be here now for Definitely Maybe.

Hey George, I don't think I listened to that track for sure - I will check it out. Ill try and listen to all of Defintely Maybe soon! :)

George

Quote from: Green Destiny on December 05, 2014, 03:33:20 PM
Hey George, I don't think I listened to that track for sure - I will check it out. Ill try and listen to all of Defintely Maybe soon! :)

Sorry, was referring to Be Here Now the album.
"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

Green Destiny

Quote from: George on December 05, 2014, 05:34:51 PM
Sorry, was referring to Be Here Now the album.

Haha no worries - that goes to show how well I know Definetely Maybe :D. The last Oasis album I listened to was Heathen Chemistry and I don't remember much about it :-[. I checked out Be Here Now! on Amazon and no I haven't heard that one at all!. This year I have been re-visiting lots of bands which I owned 1 or 2 records already and exploring their catalogue in more depth. Its probably only a matter of time before I get to Oasis especially as I am interested in The Beatles again recently :).

Green Destiny

Got this box-set today (the digital version from iTunes) - I had 4 BD albums before so this pretty much doubles my collection, as well as feeding my recent interest in Mono recordings :):

Henk

Just came in: "Imaginary conversations of literary men and statesmen, Vol. 4" by the great Walter Savage Landor.

Excited about this book.
'It's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.' (Krishnamurti)

Henk

Henk

This is ridicules. Barbarism. I consider leaving this forum.